• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Does the tile it is on have the right Block Behaviour to use a Warp? (Look in Block Editor, select the tile in the left column, look at the right for all the info)

that worked , thanks a lot!

Okay i know ive asked this before but i've done what worked last time and still nothing.
I control the camera when i beat a trainer. Ive tried moving the trainer and editing the movement.
it didnt work though.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
Okay, here's a dumb question that I couldn't find the answer to.
If I wanted to create a new region, how would I go about doing so? I don't mean the worldmap, I mean, how would I create actual new maps without screwing up the programming, the PC's, ecetera.

shawn0173

Pokemon: Metallic Flames!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 7, 2013
Okay, here's a dumb question that I couldn't find the answer to.
If I wanted to create a new region, how would I go about doing so? I don't mean the worldmap, I mean, how would I create actual new maps without screwing up the programming, the PC's, ecetera.

like the towns and stuff? and rooms? if so then advance map will be what you want

Kazbat028

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
I know, but I want to start fresh. I mean like, I want to use FireRed's base programming, but none of it's maps.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
What are the variables for a person with Hidden on their movements. So they won't make the game reset when i enter the map?

shawn0173

Pokemon: Metallic Flames!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 7, 2013
you could just delete all the maps or delete everything in each map and start from scratch

Cardboard Roof

PokéROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
Where can I find someone who can revamp prof oaks script from here is a starter, to here is a starter walkie walkie gives pokeballs and nat dex.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Cardboard roof. I imagine it would be quite easy, I dont script much myself, but you just add giveitem scripts for the pokeballs and setflagXXXX for the Nat dex. Idk which flag it is..

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
National dex...? It's a special. I think it's...
special 0xsmething.
I'm pretty sure it's in Hackmew's guide for xSE.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
can anyone help me with my camera controlling problem?
Its happened and been solved before, but what worked last time: changing the NPC's Movement; hasn't worked this time.

anyone?

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2010
Hi;
I've watched many scripting videos on youtube and they have been very helpful.
However things that have not been answered are;
1 - How do you edit where your trainer jumps out of the van (i know how to move the van) at the beginning of Ruby.
2 - How do you edit which house your mother exits from and then takes you back to, according to whether you are a boy or a girl.
http ://www . imgjoe . com/x/youtubespvp . jpg
I use Pokescript Btw

Thanks in advance :D

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE ?
:embarrass

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE ?
:embarrass
Switch to XSE or PKSV. Best solution to all Pokescript problems.
Both can be done easily, though, by editing the scripts of those certain events.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
Yeah, umm, quetion here.
How do I expand an existing tileset? More specipically, the main one, with the water and the frass and the pokemon center et alii. When I add a tile into that small black zone and I try to change another tile into the new one using setmaptile, it's still black or it goes to one of the tiles from the secondary tileset of that area.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Yeah, umm, quetion here.
How do I expand an existing tileset? More specipically, the main one, with the water and the frass and the pokemon center et alii. When I add a tile into that small black zone and I try to change another tile into the new one using setmaptile, it's still black or it goes to one of the tiles from the secondary tileset of that area.

You can't extend the 1st tileset, but the blocks are a different story (you could do it in AMAP). I believe Zodiac the great created a tool for it though....

Years
Hi, I have a problem: Usually, all my warps work fine. However, one particular warp causes the screen to turn black (normal with warps) and next the game to freeze. The data input in AdvanceMap seems OK to me, but I'll post it anyway:

Map: 3.1
Warp no.: 2
Unknown: 00
Goto: Warp no. 0, Bank 4, Map 3.

Map: 4.3
Warp no.: 0
Goto: Warp no. 2, Bank 3, Map 1.
Warp no.: 1
Warp no.: 2

What could be wrong with it? All other warps work fine...

EDIT: This happens the same with an other map, both maps use the same tiles, but the tileset is used in many other maps too.
I have replaced the destination map with a new one, and that fixed the problem. I would actually like to know how it happenend, may it happen again. (Can't replace any second map, can I?)

++++++++++++++

New Question:
The warps are still bugging (me)... Now I have this warp which leads the player to the wrong map. Actually, in stead of warping the player to map 5.3, it sends it to 6.3. I have tried to set the warp on 4.3 in order to send the player to 5.3, but that merely results in warping to 4.3... So, why is my warp not listening to me?! More importantly, how can I fix it? I'm using JPANs Hacked Fire Red.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Kazbat028

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
How do I add the PC storage systems into pokecenters I created in advancemap? Also, what are the scripts and what type of events are they?

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Can someone help me on a door glitch?
If more info is needed than screenies, I can put the patch on as well.
View attachment 56541

Oh btw, this rombase is not mine, and therefore I do not claim it, but I don't know the owners by heart, therefore I'm not able to give credits atm.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
View attachment 56541

Oh btw, this rombase is not mine, and therefore I do not claim it, but I don't know the owners by heart, therefore I'm not able to give credits atm.
It looks like all you need is to map out the rest. You know how to map, right?

Reposting mah question:
What are the variables for a person with Hidden on their movements. So they won't make the game reset when i enter the map?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

I'm not quite sure which "variables" you are referring to. However, I wouldn't recommend using the "Hidden" movement-type. If you want to hide someone temporarily, use flags + 'hidesprite'.

Where can I find someone who can revamp prof oaks script from here is a starter, to here is a starter walkie walkie gives pokeballs and nat dex.

Very few people would be kind enough to do that for you (though if you really want to know "where", then I would suggest the Team Discussions subforum). You'd be better off learning how to script from one of the many tutorials floating around the site.

How do I add the PC storage systems into pokecenters I created in advancemap? Also, what are the scripts and what type of events are they?

I don't believe that the PC system is accessed via a person/signpost event. I'm fairly certain that the PC blocks instead have a unique Behavior Byte which runs the PC script sequence. Just check whatever Behavior Byte is assigned to the PC block in one of the existing PokéCenters and copy it over for your new block.

View attachment 56541

It looks to me like you used the bottom row of tiles in the tileset. Well, more accurately, whoever made that ROM Base did that. I'm not 100% on this but I believe that door animations use the last couple of tiles in the secondary tileset in the VRAM so if you have tiles there, they will be overwritten with the door animation's tiles. Just move those tiles elsewhere in the tileset and redo the blocks.

Hi;
I've watched many scripting videos on youtube and they have been very helpful.
However things that have not been answered are;
1 - How do you edit where your trainer jumps out of the van (i know how to move the van) at the beginning of Ruby.
2 - How do you edit which house your mother exits from and then takes you back to, according to whether you are a boy or a girl.
http ://www . imgjoe . com/x/youtubespvp . jpg
I use Pokescript Btw

Thanks in advance :D

Both of these can be edited by decompiling and tweaking the type 0x2 level script for Littleroot Town in your preferred script editor. In Ruby, the script is located at '0x14D5EF'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back