• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
There they were, all alone in the kitchen. Charlie's heart begin beating fast, but he still thought he could hear her heartbeat. Was it his imagination? Did he really lose it in front of her? He was completely bewildered in a storm of mixed emotions.

"Would you like to talk?" Isabel asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. "What can I do to make you feel better?"

A deep silence passed by and Charlie didn't know what to say. Finally he knew. "Isabel do you think I'm worthless? Ashleigh has already hinted towards it and I haven't helped much either. Even before I joined the Uprising and when I worked at the Twilight Cafe, I was weak, I couldn't do anything... I ran away and found myself here. All I can do is cook, do I really have a purpose? Am I of use? All I want to do is help" he said very quietly and teary.

While he waited for her response he took out a container of a premade juice and poured it into kettle that lay on the table. He turned on the heat of the oven and began boiling the tea.

Never before did he feel so much sorrow, pain, and pity for himself.

OOC: Your turn Mira :P

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
As Beo sat in his chair and thought about everything in his life and all of the things that had just occurred in one day he was upset with it.

"Ahh whatever i'll just sit here and wait for something interesting to happen, theres no point in sleeping now" he thought to himself as he slowly started to drift off and go into a light sleep mode. All of a sudden his phone started vibrating in his pocket and woke him up.

"AHhhhh what now, oh it's my phone" Beo quickly pulled his phone from his pocket and saw that it was Kez and quickly answered it.

"Kez?" Beo said tiredly.

"Beo are you ok!?!" Kez said with some fear in his voice.

"Yeah Kez, whats going on??"

(OOC: sorry for the one line bunnying, but you can explain everything in your next post now without me having to ask)

Kez_2007

..mmm.... Cookies....
Years
"Beo are you ok!?!" Kez said with some fear in his voice.

"Yeah Kez, whats going on??"

Kez was relived he wasn't Hurt But if beo was left alone...

"Get Dressed Im Coming to Get you NOW!" Kez yelled and slammed the phone down

Kez Powered On the mains And the lights came on all across the centre he headed to find Chris

"Chris Look after the center I've Gotta Go Get Beo." with that He flew out the door, Sprinting down the street he arrived at Beo's Place, "Guess I better Let you out for safety Rocky Stay Sharp!" He threw his pokeball in the air and out came his prize pokemon.

"Beo you in there?" Kez yelled his tyranitar by his side.

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
"Well, get him in here and to a bed and I'll deal with the intruder!" yelled Kez back.

"He's right." thought Vic, "Why haven't I got him in already?" Maybe it was because the intruder, came in his mind.

"No time to think!" murmured he, as he ran to Dass, Bro and Matre. Kez ran by, as Vic leaved the pokécenter. "Bro, Matre, help me to get Sarr inside." whispered Vic.

They saw Isabel and Charlie when they got inside again, sitting in a room. Charles had tears, and whispered something about "…you think I'm worthless? Ashleigh has already…" and "…myself here. All I can do is cook…".

Vic wanted to step inside, and say that it wasn't right what Charlie said, but he had to bring the guardian to a bed. He had to say it later to Charlie.

He called a nurse and gave Sarr to her, so she could heal him.

When he got back to the place where the 'guy in the chair' was, he asked everyone: "What happened?"

Mira

restless spirit
Years
"Isabel do you think I'm worthless?" Charlie asked finally. "Ashleigh has already hinted towards it and I haven't helped much either. Even before I joined the Uprising and when I worked at the Twilight Cafe, I was weak, I couldn't do anything... I ran away and found myself here. All I can do is cook, do I really have a purpose? Am I of use? All I want to do is help."

He went over and started cooking on the stove, most likely attempting to lose his thoughts in his work. Isabel stood with a sigh and walked over to Charlie, leaning on the counter beside him.

"Look Charlie," she said firmly, meeting his eyes. "Everyone has their talents, just as we all have our limitations."

Isabel felt strange talking to someone so directly. This definitely wasn't something she was used to doing.

"You're not useless. You can hold your own in a battle and are very... Persistent." Isabel laughed. "Ashleigh can't cook worth anything, trust me, I'd know, and neither can most of the other Uprising members. And none of them as well as you. We need each other in order to make this work. I just want you to understand that. Everyone needs to understand that if we want to come together as a true team. We need to stand together and show everyone that the Uprising can and will do anything we can to bring back the Pokemon and take down PXS. We can't do this without you, Charlie."

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
The kitchen went silent once more as Isabel finished. Slowly and faintly Charlie began to smile while removing the tea. His fingers slipped and the tea sprayed all across his hand.

Charlie laughed.

"Your right Isabel I'm just me and yes I'm very thick-skulled!" Charlie laughed with tears flowing down. He was both crying and laughing.

"But, ya know I have a feeling I'll still be able to grow stronger! You see I used to drop tea on my hand all the time! At first it hurt like a devil's fire, but now it doesn't hurt at all! I am getting stronger and if only for you I'll help destroy these punks. I'm just one person in the whole team and it doesn't matter if I'm useless because as a whole together we are more than usefull and that is what makes me usefull. Thanks Isabel" he continued with a smile and he wiped a cloth over the mess.

"Now the sun is about to shine and it's morning so I'll cook breakfast!" he finished and he set up for a session of cooking.

Today's breakfast would be his best so far, a gourmet feast for the whole gang.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
"Get Dressed Im Coming to Get you NOW!" Kez yelled and slammed the phone down

"Thats not good, Kez never sounds that scared, somethings happening" Beo thought to himself as he woke Wags up and decided it was best to return him to his pokeball. He then threw on his clothes and made a quick sandwhich as fast as he could before Kez got there.

This wasn't good, the uneasyness that he had all day was finally becoming a reality something was happening, and it was going to happen fast.

"Beo you in there?" Kez yelled

Hearing Kez's voice Beo threw on his shoes and climbed upstairs.

"Yeah i'm right here Kez now tell me whats going on" Beo shouted as he noticed Tyranitar at Kez's side. Beo knew that was a bad sign, Kez never just let Tyranitar roam around the town except for in an emergency.

"were going back to the pokemon center i'll explain everything there" Kez said with a sigh of relief to see Beo was ok.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
"Chris Look after the center I've Gotta Go Get Beo." Kez yelled, running out the door.

"Wait?!" Chris said, still half-asleep. But before he could protest, Kez was already out the door. Now, Chris was left in an overcrowded room with Yassan, Ashi,(whom he was ok with being in there) Greg, an unconscious PXS member and three kids he had never even seen before, and to top it all off he was now 'in charge' of the Pokemon center. "Alright then. Yassan, tie up that PXS member and keep him here. When he wakes up..." Chris smiled maniacly "give him a warm welcome. Ashi, Greg. Come with me outside, there are bound to be more around here." Chris began to walk out the door, before stopping suddenly, remembering the other three. "And... uh... you three.... umm.... stay here."

With that, Chris walked out the room with Ashi and Greg following close behind. Chris could help but feel a pit of despair in the bottom of his stomach. Something was coming, and whatever it was, Chris hoped the Uprising could handle it.

(OOC: Just wanted to get some of us out of the room so some of the 'new recriuts' could talk to each other and Isabel, privately. And a quick recon wouldn't hurt. Oh, and Minku or Zeph can bunny Chris if need be.)

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Isabel smiled. She gave a laugh and shook her head, her dark hair brushing against her face and rubbing painfully against the cuts on her neck.

"It looks like you're feeling better. I'll just see how things are going with the rest of the team," Isabel said, turning to leave.

As soon as she was out of sight, she grimaced and placed a hand to her neck. The cuts were throbbing painfully, but there were more important things for the Uprising to think about than her comfort. Was PXS coming?

Isabel walked back into the bedroom, her emotions quickly darkening. She released Lum from his PokeBall and directed him to place the window back into place. She returned her attention to the PXS member. She walked over to the PXS member's side, ignoring Yassan and her suspicions of what he had done to him before she got there. Isabel grabbed hold of his hair and yanked his head back painfully, forcing him to look up at her.

"Now," Isabel said in a low voice, showing him the knife in her hand. "What information do you have to offer me?"

Last edited:

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
Years
"Alright then. Yassan, tie up that PXS member and keep him here. When he wakes up..." Chris smiled maniacly "give him a warm welcome."

Yassan smiled at Chris, not a nice smile, but a brutal and predatory smile. "Whatever you say... sir." As Chris left and the rooms remaining eyes turned to him, Yassan kicked the downed PXS member roughly. "Get up." The man opened his eyes, then promptly closed them, as if he believed playing dead would buy him some respite. "I said get up. Don't make me repeat myself a third time." The man didn't budge, but continued to feign unconcousness. "You-" Yassan pointed to Josh. "Watch him for a moment. I'll be right back." And he left before Josh could reply.

Yassan returned a moment later, wearing his boots and a servicable shirt. He kicked the man roughly again. "Get. Up. Now." The man still didn't give up his act, but his eyelids flickered. Yassan gave a mock sigh. "Alright, you made me repeat myself. You've chosen the way of pain." And with that closing remark, Yassan stomped on the man's groin, hard. That made the PXS guy give up his act. He squealed pathetically, along with someone else in the room. "Get with the program, scum. You're not safe in here. You're trapped with a dozen criminals, and one fugitive from the Hiojiin military- if any one of us tells you to do something, you damn well do it!" The man stared at him blankly, then spat on him. "Snowman." Struggling to keep his anger in check, Yassan managed to pull a chair over from a bed, knocking the backpack on it off. "Sit down." The man looked at his position on the floor. "Aren't I already sitting?" Yassan sighed. Of course PXS would send a fool on something like this. "You must need motivation. Come on out , Tyranitar!" and he tossed Tyranitar's pokeball to the ground, where his Tyranitar emerged in a burst of light.

"Tyranitar, I want you to use Iron Tail if he doesn't move by the time I count to seven." The Tyranitar gave him a quizzical look, then lowered itself into a fighting stance. From somewhere, a voice said "You wouldn't!" Yassan igmored them. "One... Two... Three..." Before he got to four, the man was sitting in the chair, as far back as he could go into it. "Now, that's better! See how much easier things are when you're cooperative?" The man nodded. "Now, you're going to tell me your name, or I'm going to use my Scyther" he said, holding up Scyther's Great Ball "To hamstring you." Yassan moved his finger towards the central button, and the man broke. "Alex! My name's Alex Knolwood! Just ask me whatever you want!" Yassan smiled and moved his hand away from the button. "Good, I always love competence. Now, I'm going to tie you up." Alex didn't resist as Yassan tied him securly to the chair, knotting it often to the point of severe discomfort before stopping because he had run out of rope.

Yassan spoke and turned to Josh. "Find someone in charge- Chris, Isabel, Ash-" His sentence was broken as Isabel walked in, not even glancing in his direction until she saw 'Alex Knolwood.' "Now," Isabel said in a low voice, showing him the knife in her hand. "What information do you have to offer me?" Yassan sneered, but then she turned to look at him and Yassan quickly moved closer to the door. The way Isabel reacted to violence, he'd prefer a handy escape route. She glared at Yassan for a moment, probably knowing that he'd already damaged the prisoner. Yassan smiled and moved even closer to the door.

Last edited:
Years
Tabby

Tabby and Kyndle had been walking for a long time, so long that they had both lost track of time completely. But their work had been rewarded, because the landscape had become snow-covered and cold. They were closer to Frosty Gorge, and Tabby felt like the answer to all the regions problems was within her grasp.

A sheer wall of ice reared up in front of them.

"Think this is Frosty Gorge?" Tabby wondered to her vulpix. Kyndle nodded enthusiastically, and Tabby almost jumped for joy. But there was still the matter of climbing the icy slope. She tapped her hand against it experimentally. It was slippery and very, very smooth. She looked down at Kyndle, who was breathing small plumes of fire to melt snow into patterns.

"Hey Kyndle?" she asked. Kyndle looked up at her. "Do you think you could melt handholds into that?" she indicated the wall of ice.

The vulpix trotted up to the cliff and breathed out a little fire experimentally. It melted a tiny hole in the wall. She breathed out more, and a gap big enough for Tabby's foot appeared, dripping with water. Reaching up, she made another. Tabby lifted her up so that she could make more, until they were higher up than her head. Then, she put Kyndle carefully into her backpack so that her head was poking over Tabby's shoulder.

She slipped her hands and feet into the holes and pulled herself up as Kyndle made more holes over her shoulder. Their progress was slow, but at least they could go upwards.

Don't look down, don't look down. She chanted to herself. The 'ladder' was slippery and she had to hold on really hard, and Kyndle's fire was already making one side of her face sweat. It was going to be a long, long way up.

But it might just be worth it.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Isabel left Charlie in a state of bliss as he prepared the breakfast. He was beginning to notice a recent pattern in his happiness.

"You're not useless. You can hold your own in a battle and are very... Persistent" Charlie could remember distinctly. "She really said that" he said returning to his pan with a smirk on his face.

His eyes were lost into the formation of the bacon sizzling in his pan. There were five bits pointing away from a center like a flower. "A flower?" Charlie uttered.

"These PSX members were heartless demons now to hurt such a flower" Charlie had remembered upon the seeing the bacon. "I called her a flower?" he muttered once more and he failed to notice that he had been a little too close to the bottle of oil causing him to shimmer unusually. He looked rather funny covered in the shiny fat…

"You look ridiculous!" Isabel's voice shot through his head again. "Isabel…" Charlie could only manage to say. At least the bacon was cooked and he put it of to the side so he could prepare his home made muffin mix.

"Now muffins?" he sighed remembering something about muffinlands and some woman named Mira who spoke of them often. Was that really his own thought?

With the muffins baking in the oven Charlie forgot about the muffinlands and set off to cook the pancakes now that all the bacon was cooked. Charlie dabbed the spatula down in the first pancake and a u-shape formed in the batter.

"A frown? No that's not right…" Charlie said while flipping the pancake in the air and catching in an unusual manner so that it would be caught in the opposite direction. A smile was left to cook. Charlie began thinking about all the times he and Isabel shared where Isabel's face had changed just like that. It was in this manner that he cooked all of the pancakes.

Finally all that needed to be cooked were the eggs. "Hopefully this time I can avoid distracting thoughts" he joked to himself, but secretly he wished that he would and so he didn't mind the fact that the eggs made him think of Isabel's eyes.

Breakfast was complete. Charlie placed a muffin, two eggs, a pancake, and two pieces of bacon on each plate. There was more than enough plates and the final result formed a face on every plate. Charlie was mesmerized. All he could see was Isabel.

"Isabel is that you?" he asked the plate in a state of delirium. The smell and plate were getting to him. "Isabel" was the "finest" thing in the room. Charlie dove head first into the plate. "Isabel" was no more. Charlie stood there with a clean plate in his hand and a face of stupor.

"Is this love?" he whispered to himself before drifting of into a delusion of the moment he shared with Isabel where he gave her that glass of tea and heard her smile. His feet inched to kiss the fake image of Isabel and just as he was about to kiss her when he had leaned too far falling forward out of his fantasy and onto the floor.

There was something Charlie needed to ask Isabel in private.

He scurried out of the kitchen and just in front of the stairs. "BREAKFAST IS READY" he bellowed throughout the upstairs portion of the center.

Charlie was eager for his comrades, especially Isabel.

OOC: This idea was bound to happen on agreement between me and Mira, okay. So don't look at me funny >.<

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Being asked to leave the room didn't Bother Kensai too much, he had other things he wanted to be doing anyway. Leaving the room, he walked towards the entrance not bothering to say anything to those he passed on his way out.

When he arrived outside he found an open area with a few larger rocks scattered about. "Come on out Scyther, we need to do some training!" he said as he threw down his pokeball revealing his pokemon appeared before him. "Scy!" it cried out as it awaited its commands.

"Lets start with some quick attacks. use them to weave in and out of these rocks, until i cry out for you to land the blow." Scyther nodded as it shot out away from its trainer with excellent speed. It weaved in and out of the stones trying to get as close to them without actually making contact.

After a few moments of weaveing, Kensai called out, "Now!" As he said this the scyther targeted the closest rock and with a swift swipe it sliced a decent sized crack into the stone.

"Good job! we will practice quick attack for about an hour and then take a break, keep up the good work buddy!" He normally wouldnt be showing so much emotion and kindness but since it was only him and his closest and only friend he had he showed no problems showing how he was really feeling. Scyther had been there for him since he could remember and knew everything about him so he knew he wouldnt be able to hide his emotions from his partner.

Years
Tabby hauled herself, panting, over the edge of the wall. The climb had been hard on her-and Kyndle, for that matter. Her vulpix had once fallen out of her backpack and Tabby had just barely caught her in time.

It looked like there was a pokemon center up here-a pokemon center! She hadn't seen one of those for ages!

"Maybe that's where the Uprising is," Tabby murmured. She walked up to the pokemon center and pushed the door gently. Surprisingly, it opened. She and Kyndle walked down a hallway, then came to a room. Inside it were several people and pokemon, and, surprisingly, a man tied to a chair. THAT was unexpected.

Tabby took a deep breath, checked to make sure that Kyndle was at her side, and walked into the room.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
"Now," the dark-haired girl said with a low voice, revealing that she held his knife firmly in her own grasp. "What information do you have to offer me?"

"Well met, Miss Evans," he said, looking up at her with a dark smile, marveling at the irony of the situation and ignoring the pain of his injuries as he had been trained. "My name is Alex Knolwood."

The girl seemed to consider what he said for a moment. In a flash, the cold metal blade was pressed firmly against his cheek and her face was menacingly close to his own.

"I don't believe you," she hissed. "Alex Knolwood is the name of Professor Knolwood's son. He died of leukemia a week ago and it was posted in all the newspapers."

The man was silent. He wasn't used to his lies being sniffed out so easily.

"What is a name in a time like this?" The girl continued, her voice more calm and soothing as she slid the blade across his face, nearly cutting into his skin. "It's merely something that you are called by. Hardly something to risk so much pain to defend."

"Rick Tanner," he said finally. It was no use trying to lie about something so insignificant. Rick looked the girl over. She couldn't have been older than sixteen.

"PXS sent you, didn't it?" The girl snapped, wasting no time getting to the point.

"He's still alive, you know," Rick whispered to her. "Though he may not be for much longer."

The blade flashed and blood was suddenly spilling down the side of Rick's face. Rick was shocked at the fact that his statement hadn't so much as caused her to hesitate. This wasn't a normal girl. She was hardened.

"I believe I asked you a question, Mr. Tanner," the girl said, pressing the blade to his forehead.

"BREAKFAST IS READY!"

The girl looked out the door and withdrew the knife. She straightened up and looked down at him with cold, expressionless eyes.

"I'll be back soon, Mr. Tanner," the girl said. "And I just hope that by then you will be ready to tell the truth."

The girl released an Umbreon and whispered something to it. The Umbreon slowly approached him, its strides deliberate and menacing. He was struck with a pulse of dark thoughts.

There was a girl standing in the doorway, but Isabel was too numbed to take note of her. She pushed past and made her way downstairs to where breakfast would be served. Isabel pushed aside her calloused behavior and all thoughts of the PXS member and instead put on a smile.

"Hello Charlie," she said with a smile.

(OOC: *shivers* Isabel kind of scares me sometimes XD)

Years
Tabby blinked in surprise. The girl who had been interrogating the man who was tied to the chair-Rick Tanner-had just seen her, someone who had never been in the building before, and ignored her. Not exactly an auspicious beginning, but at least she hadn't attacked her or something. Hmm.

She had a lot to ponder lately. First, was this really the Uprising's headquarters? And what the heck was PXS, or whatever it was called? It was more confusing than she'd thought.

She'd heard someone yell that it was time for breakfast. Breakfast would be nice. Tabby suddenly realized how hungry she was. She hadn't eaten in, what, twenty-four hours? Ugh.

Whatever was for breakfast definitely smelled good, though, and Kyndle seemed to think the same-she was practically drooling on Tabby's foot.

"I guess we'll go get some food?" Tabby wondered aloud. Kyndle nodded eagerly.

They followed their noses to a kitchen-y area where bacon, eggs and pancakes were set out in...face-shapes? That was interesting. The door was open, so she knocked on the wall.

"'Scuse me? Is this the Uprising? I'm Tabby-no, I mean Tabitha, but everyone calls me Tabby, and this is Kyndle. We were looking for you, I mean, the Uprising. We wanted to join..." Tabby winced. It sounded so stupid when she said it out loud!

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai was very hungry, but her prefered not eating with anyone, he didnt want to get close to anyone, he just wanted to find his father and that kept him going. When breakfast was done he would go inside and fix food for himself and Scyther. "Just like that Scyther! looking good!" he yelled to his partner who was still weaving in and out of large stones striking at them when commanded. "Now its time to step things up some, now while weaving in and out of the stones im going to start througn some pebbles at you, try and avoid getting hit by them, not blocking them. Once you are able to move through the stones like you have been while avoiding all the pebbles we will go eat. Take a short break while i gather some pebbles to throw."

Scyther was starting to feel the pain of the training but refused to give up. His trainer was pushing him hard but he knew why. Although couldnt use words to tell Kensai, getting his father back meant just as much to it as it did his trainer. "Scy..ther..." it sighed as it rested against one of the rocks. Kensai's father tried to care for its mother and even once its mother had died, he continued to take care of it.

As Scyther was thinking about Kensai's father, Kensai returned with his arms full of pebbles. "Ok you ready Scyther? lets continue!" Kensai had a smile on his face, which was rare these days. He was so proud of how hard his partner was working, filling him with even more determination. "Actually Scyther, lets go on and get breakfast."

The two walked in and Scyther went and sat in a corner while Kensai found Isabel and approached her. "Excuse me, after breakfast can we talk for a second?"

Years
OOC:// (Maybe Kensai could see Tabby and introduce her to the Uprising hint hint)

Tabby was jostled yet again as another trainer came in. His tired-looking scyther slumped into a corner while he went to talk to the person who seemed to be the leader... Was her name Isabel?

"Um, hello? I don't want to be rude... But I've heard stuff about the Uprising. I've been living in a forest, and..." suddenly all the events that had led up to this moment began pouring out of her: How she and her parents tried to hide their pokemon, how they eventually all went a different way and she didn't know where they were, about her climb up to Frosty Gorge... Everything.

When she had finished, she started sobbing. Her life had gone from perfect to a horror movie in such a short time...

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai was still new but he recognized most of the people in the room except for one who seemed to be a little confused as to what was going on. He didnt want everyone to think he was soft but he knew he had to atleast help this girl out as she seemed to be new here.

He walked up to the new member and introduced himself. "Hello there, Im kensai, and you are?" he didnt extend a hand or offer a smile just stared awaiting an answer.

Years
Tabby inhaled with relief that someone seemed to have noticed her.

"My name's Tabitha. Tabitha Katherine, actually, but NEVER call me that. My REAL name, at least what everyone calls me is Tabby Kat. Tabby. This is Kyndle, my vulpix." Kyndle walked up and raised a paw in greeting.

"So, Kensai, you seem like the friendly type," she observed sarcastically. "What the HECK is this place?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back