• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
My adventure so far

I started with Turtwig, (I'm playing Diamond) mainly because of my love for Defensive pokemon, and I could tell Turtwig was one. I kept on playing through the story and found it quite fun. I caught a Zubat at some point in a cave right after leaving Jubilife City, north of town. I beat Roark, and caught a Buizel at some point in the grass near Valley Windworks, and trained all my Pokemon there for a while until they were all in the same level range. I ventured through and I finally reached Veilstone City, where my Pokemon started evolving. Plus, I met my favorite Pokemon ever, Lucario. It was the gym leader's Pokemon, and I got mad when the Pokedex said it was in an unknown area. I just got to Pastoria City, after long training, and i'm battling this Gym Leader named Wake soon. I eventually got about 4 Pokemon while adventuring, and I have almost all of the TM's possible at this time. I was able to go to the Pokemon mansion and find a Pikachu in the Trophy Garden after a while. It took a lot of training to get these levels.

My party:
Torterra - LV. 40
Crobat - LV. 36
Pikachu - LV. 38
Floatzel - LV. 35

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hey I haven't given an update on my Diamond progress in months.

But this is for the Diamond game I started in February 2012. My character is Dawn.

Here's an update of what I've done since then.

Made it all the way to Veilstone City
Got the Counter App
Received the Coin Case
Gambled a bit.
Battled Maylene and lost
Trained a bit
Caught 6 Stunky
Choose Stunky with best stats and nature for team planning to raise it the best I can. (might need a better one)
Leveled up team more
Buizel evolved into Floatzel
Caught and Cleffa and a Chingling.
Received a Cranidos from Oreburgh Mine Museum
Caught a Buneary
Evolved Bidoof (for more slave purposes)
Battled Maylene and won.

A few days ago I battled the Galactic grunts near their warehouse in Veilstone and got Lucas' Pokedex back. I saved at Route 213.

Current team
388.gif
(Twigleaf) lv.30

064.gif
(Kazza) lv. 30

198.gif
(Quoth) lv. 29

419.gif
(Blaze) lv. 27

404.gif
(Kimba) lv.28

434.gif
(Bad Purple) lv. 27 (will explain it's name later)

I hope to update more often.I'll try to and it will more detailed and journal like.

Years
Pokemon SoulSilver: Last time I made a post, I had beaten Lt. Surge and my team was still a bit unorganized, I didn't have complete movesets (I have only 1 or 2 good moves per Pokemon) so I decided I'd go TM shopping to help out. Then i spent a good 10 minutes trying to reach Sabrina in her maze, and then I won fairly easily. I used Shaymoose and Psy for it, Crunch and Shadow Ball helped out a lot, as well as Psy's resistance to Psychic.

Team:
Spr_4h_160.png

FERALIGATR [Shaymoose] Lv47 (M)
Serious Nature @Muscle Band
-Avalanche
-Dig
-Waterfall
-Crunch
Spr_4h_181.png

AMPHAROS [Zeus] Lv47 (M)
Quiet Nature @Choice Scarf
-Strength
-Signal Beam
-Discharge
-Thunder

Spr_4h_022.png

FEAROW [Kenya] Lv47 (F)
Hasty Nature @Grass Mail
-Fly
-Secret Power
-U-Turn
-Drill Peck
Spr_4p_467.png

MAGMORTAR [Blaster] Lv47 (F)
Docile Nature @Shell Bell
-Solarbeam
-Faint Attack
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
Spr_4h_196.png

ESPEON [Psy] Lv47 (F)
Quiet Nature @Choice Specs
-Swagger
-Swift

-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
Spr_4h_148.png

DRAGONAIR [Xtream] Lv47 (M)
Naive Nature @King's Rock
-ExtremeSpeed
-Surf
-Dragon Rush
-Fire Blast

Team Summary (Better One in Signature)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Decided to start over my Platinum game last night, because I haven't played it in so long. Plus, its my only game I have that I can play through Sinnoh.

Anyway, so I started and did all the beginning stuff, and just beat the first gym. My team is:

391.gif

Inferno
Level 18

404f.gif

Marvin
Level 17

Off to catch some more and get my second badge!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Diamond update:
After many tips on various forums, I spent alot of my day yesterday getting a better team . I spent alot of time in the GTS looking for good offers and ended up getting some Stunky , a Piplup and a Shieldon. But nothing I wanted for my new team. So I ran around route 204 looking for a new Shinx with Intimidate. Found one and trained it to level 27.
I've made it all the way to Pastoria City too and I'm ready to take on Wake. While there I also used on of my Heart Scales and taught Floatzel Ice Fang.
So here's the time I've reconstructed so far.
388.gif
(Twigleaf) Male lv.31 Ability: Overgrow
Moves
Grass Knot
Rock Smash
Bite
Mega Drain

064.gif
(Kazza) lv. 30 Ability: Synchronize
Moves
Recover
Hidden Power
Disable
Psybeam

198.gif
(Quoth) lv. 30 Ability: Super Luck
Moves
Fly
Wing Attack
Assurance
Night Shade

419.gif
(Blaze) lv. 28 Ability: Swift Swim
Crunch
Water Gun
Aqua Jet
Ice Fang

404.gif
(Kimba) lv.27 Ability: Intimidate
Strength
Spark
Charge
Bite

Decided to get rid of Stunky, and someone suggest to replace it with a Fighting type so I was thinking of trading over a Ralts from HeartGold and evolving it into Gallade. That will also replace Kadabra. Then maybe I'd get a Fire-type like Magmortar, but I really don't want to replace Murkrow. If you want to help you can VM me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Made some progress on Platinum since my last update, defeated gym #2 and took down Galactic, got cut and entered Hearthome City. Right now, im battling the gym trainers for training. Also picked up a Ralts. My team:

404f.gif

Marvin
Level 25

391.gif

Inferno
Level 26

280.gif

Solaris
Level 19 (holding EXP Share)

Years
Since my last post, I trained up my team for Crasher Wake and I needed an extra temporary team member to deal with his Pokemon so I caught this guy:

025.gif

Pikachu ♂ Lv27
Impish nature
Static
"Likes to thrash about"
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Double Team
- Slam

And here's the rest of my team:

195f.gif

Quagsire ♀ Lv28
Lax nature
Water Absorb
"Quick tempered"
- Mud Shot
- Slam
- Mud Bomb
- Amnesia

315f.gif

Roselia ♀ Lv26
Bold nature
Natural Cure
"Likes to thrash about"
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Magical Leaf
- GrassWhistle

398f.gif

Staraptor ♀ Lv36
Rash nature
Intimidate
"Somewhat vain"
- Aerial Ace
- Double Team
- Fly
- Close Combat

392.gif

Infernape ♂ Lv36
Rash nature
Blaze
"Somewhat vain"
- Mach Punch
- Flame Wheel
- Ember
- Close Combat

I also have a Bidoof, but I'm not listing him cos he's an HM Slave.

And yes, my Monferno evolved since my last post. Roselia and Pikachu need extra training to handle Crasher Wake's Pokemon. Roselia will star against Quagsire, Pikachu can deal with Gyarados while Staraptor can help a bit against Floatzel despite the risky Ice Fang.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Did a lot since my last update, I've defeated 3 more gyms, and am now training in Iron Island with Riley. The team consists of:

392.gif

Inferno
Level 36

405f.gif

Marvin
Level 36

407f.gif

Envy
Level 34

282.gif

Solaris
Level 34

184.gif

Azula
Level 34

One more spot open, not sure who will fit in it yet!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I keep completing my diamond with different teams.

First game clear team:
Drapion Level 49.
Dialga Level 49.
Luxray Level 50.
Crobat Level 50.
Infernape Level 52.
Manaphy Level 51.

My rules are simple You have to use different started pokemon each time and when playing the game your main team has to be different to the previous team!

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Did a lot since my last update, I've defeated 3 more gyms, and am now training in Iron Island with Riley. The team consists of:

392.gif

Inferno
Level 36

405f.gif

Marvin
Level 36

407f.gif

Envy
Level 34

282.gif

Solaris
Level 34

184.gif

Azula
Level 34

One more spot open, not sure who will fit in it yet!

How did you get those sprites in your post? I know it's a little unrelated, I was just curious.

On topic though, I recently started a new game on my Platinum version, and my team are as follows:

Level 9 Chimchar - Scratch, Leer, Ember, Taunt
Level 7 Starly - Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack
Level 7 Geodude - Tackle, Defense Curl

Plan on hitting up the Oreburgh gym. Hopefully pull through there. Yikes.

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
After a number of months, I recently picked up where I left off in my Platinum file. I have five badges, and I just returned from Iron Island with my Riolu egg...I am currently trying to hatch it before training my slightly underleveled team. I want to sweep Byron!

My party:

Antoinette the Empoleon (Modest female, Lv. 39)
Francois the Togetic (Modest male, Lv. 36)
Pierre the Rhyhorn (Relaxed male, Lv. 37)
Claude the Skorupi (Jolly male, Lv. 36)
Guy the Leafeon (Adamant male, Lv. 36)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
On my second round of not using the same pokemon twice play through.

Here is the team:
389.gif

Level 39 - Bashful Nature - Overgrow.
Earthquake - Seed Bomb - Body Slam - Synthesis.

398.gif

Level 37 - Rash Nature - Intimidate.
Close Combat - Fly - Return - Endeavor.

214.gif

Level 37 - Naive Nature - Guts. (Shiny).
Strength - Brick Break - Night Slash - Aerial Ace.

435.gif

Level 37 - Docile Nature - Stench [Most useless ability ever].
Dig - Poison Jab - Slash - Night Slash.

423.gif

Level 39 - Rash Nature - Storm Drain.
Ice Beam - Surf - Mud Bomb - Hidden Power.

Still looking for a sixth member to my team, Any idea's let me know! However I can't use any of the following pokemon; Drapion, Dialga, Luxray, Crobat, Infernape, Manaphy.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I started a new game on my Soul Silver cause my main files been corrupted.. ARGHHH!!!

So, I restarted and thought it'd be fun to play with less of a team.

Current team now:
quilava.png

Quillava - M - Lv 26

togepi.png

Togepi - F - Lv25

poliwag.png

Poliwag - M - Lv23

Now Im at the Burnt Tower, and soon later going to beat the gym.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Finished my second run of pokemon diamond! Here is how the team ended!

389.gif

Level 52 - Bashful Nature - Overgrow.
Seed Bomb - Earthquake - Body Slam - Crunch.

398.gif

Level 52 - Rash Nature - Intimidate.
Fly - Return - Close Combat - Brave Bird.

423.gif

Level 49 - Rash Nature - Storm Drain.
Surf - Mud Bomb - Hidden Power - Ice Beam.

435.gif

Level 49 - Docile Nature - Stench.
Night Slash - Poison Jab - Slash - Dig.

437.gif

Level 49 - - Heatproof.
Psychic - Calm Mind - Reflect - Flash Cannon.

214f.gif

Level 46 - Naive Nature - Guts.
Strength - Brick Break - Aerial Ace - Night Slash.

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Given that I was beginning to get bored with my Platinum file, I decided to restart my SoulSilver file. Before leaving New Bark Town to retrieve that egg that Mr. Pokemon wanted Professor Elm to see, the professor offered me a selection of three rare Pokemon to partner with. I chose to depart with the Fire-type Cyndaquil, who I decided to nickname Isaac.

Once i had obtained the enigmatic egg from Mr. Pokemon, I was given a surprise gift of a Pokedex from Professor Oak. Hmmmm...he must have been visiting his buddy while in Johto. Shortly afterward, I got another egg in a trade when I stopped in Cherrygrove. Although Mr. Pokemon's egg still had not even budged at that time, it was only a matter of time before the egg that the trainer from Sinnoh sent me. It ended up being a Smoochum, blonde and big-lipped! I named her Diana right after she hatched.

Since then, I passed through the Sprout Tower in Violet City, earning the TM for the Flash technique. But now I am in the local Gym, hoping to blow Falkner's beloved birds away with Diana's newly-learned Powder Snow attack!

Oh, and my name is Jilly. :)

My current team:

Spr_4h_155.png

Isaac the Cyndaquil (Timid male, Lv. 12)

Spr_4h_238.png

Diana the Smoochum (Timid female, Lv. 11)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
On my final play through on Diamond here is the team after 3 gyms:

203f.gif

Level 26 - Naughty Nature - Inner Focus.
Stomp - Psybeam - Agility - Baton Pass.

394.gif

Level 34 - Brave Nature - Torrent.
Brine - Metal Claw - Pound - Peck

430.gif

Level 34 - Lax Nature - Insomnia.
Fly - Dark Pulse - Night Shade - Roost.

407f.gif

Level 34 - Brave Nature - Natural Cure.
Extrasensory - Giga Drain - Energy Ball - Growth.

064.gif

Level 34 - Brave Nature - Synchronize.
Psycho Cut - Hidden Power - Recover - Reflect.

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Being that I was stuck home alone yesterday, I made a lot of progress in my adventure. Since fighting Falkner and winning with Isaac and Diana by my side, I have collected two badges and added three permanent team members.

My first new Pokemon was a Water-type I hooked on an Old Rod I obtained just before heading into Union Cave. This Pokemon happens to be Kate, my Tentacool. She hasn't seen much action in my Gym battles so far, but she's a strong team member who will soon be able to ferry me across water with her Surf technique.

By the time I hit Ecruteak, I decided to do a little Pokemon breeding of my own. The results? Mads, the Skarmory who defeated Whitney's Miltank almost singlehandedly, is actually my second-lowest leveled team member after Jet, the newly-hatched Meowth who sports a useful Hypnosis attack.

Right now I am training my roster up in the Burned Tower to prepare for my Gym battle against Morty:

Spr_4h_052.png

Jet the Meowth (Jolly male, Lv. 13)

Spr_4h_072.png

Kate the Tentacool (Sassy female, Lv. 20)

Spr_4h_238.png

Diana the Smoochum (Timid female, Lv. 20)

Spr_4h_227.png

Mads the Skarmory (Careful male, Lv. 19)

Spr_4h_156.png

Isaac the Quilava (Timid male, Lv. 25)

Last edited:
Years
I received Soul Silver for Christmas this year, and I started it ASAP. I decided to go for Feraligatr, but did soft reset until a good nature was found. In this time, I:

• [*]Beat Sprout Tower Elder, got Flash, and caught a Ghastly
    [*]Defeated Falkner after training my 'mons up
    [*]My egg hatched to reveal Togepi, but its Adamant Nature turned me off, so off to the box it stays.
    [*]Caught A Modest Vulpix
    [*]Beat Whitney with said Vulpix somehow
    [*]Lost the bug catching contest ):
    [*]Beat Sudowoodo, trained, and then defeated Morty at the gym after encountering the legendary dogs
    [*]Obtained the HM for surf, but waited until I got to Olivine to use it on a slave Corsola.
    [*]Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr, and Ghastly into Haunter.
    [*]Completed the lighthouse medicine mission, and traveled to the Safari Zone
    [*]Finally caught Murkrow, but bad natures inspired me to breed a good one ;;
    [*]Hatched a Jolly Murkrow, and trained that.
    [*]Beat Chuck and Pryce (after the Rockets of course)
    [*]Caught Nidoran (Male) and started its training
    [*]Left off in The Goldenrod Radio Tower where I am attempting to save the city from the Rockets...
(Sorry if this looks a lot like jdthebud's style)

Here's my team:
Spr_4h_198_m.png

Murkrow (M) Lvl. 35
Ability: Super Luck
Jolly Nature
-Fly
-Wing Attack
-Pursuit
-Faint Attack

Spr_4h_033.png

Nidorino (M) Lvl. 34
Ability: Rivalry
Modest Nature
-Leer
-Horn Attack
-Double Kick
-Sludge Bomb

Spr_4h_037.png

Vulpix (F) Lvl. 35
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
-Flamethrower
-Growl
-Quick Attack
-Will-O-Wisp

Spr_4h_093.png

Haunter (F) Lvl. 35
Ability: Levitate
Quirky Nature
-Hypnosis
-Sucker Punch
-Curse
-Shadow Ball

Spr_4h_160.png

Feraligatr (M) Lvl. 38
Ability: Torrent
Naughty Nature
-Ice Fand
-Agility
-Water Gun
-Crunch

Still uncertain about the last slot, but Corsola is my main HM slave. I'm also waiting for the HM Waterfall for Gatr to have a reliable physical STAB move.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
-On my way through Union Cave i caught a level 6 sandshrew.
-Cleared the rockets from the slowpoke well using mainly Quilava and training Sandshrew where possible.
-Went through the Azalea town gym deafeating everything in one hit with either Quilava or Butterfree

Bugsy: This battle was far easier than i thought it was going to be, with none of his pokes even being able to land a hit on mine. Got slightly lucky that his Scyther used focus energy which gave me the chance to put it to sleep with Butterfree's sleep powder and then all it took was 3 rounds of gust to finish Scyther off and then easily defeated Kakuna and Metapod in one hit.

Rival: This battle went near enough, exactly the same as the battle with Bugsy with me using sleep powder and gust to defeat his Croconaw and Confusion on Ghastly and Zubat.

I honestly from past experience thought raising a Butterfree would be alot tougher at this early stage of the game, however its proved its worth so far being my most useful pokemon so far.

Current Team:

Butterfree
Lv 18

Sandshrew (In training)
Lv12

Quilava Lv18

Years
Got through Ilex forest, got totally ticked at how many wild pokemon there were

Got to goldenrod city and beat all of the gym's trainers. I tried the leader but lost

I traded a drowzee for a machop (I kind of hate that thing)

I am now training to try again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back