• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Infraction system information and questions

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Um, no, it's not giving PC more backbone. PC's the same as before, except that an s-mod, AA, or admin doesn't have to be on to ban someone if they accumulate enough infractions. ^^;

Faceless*

YES!
Years
  • Age 34
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
I understand the system entirely, but the table seems to have left out some rules such as discussing a member's ban and swearing/censor bypassing, unless those are counted as SPAM

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Great. This is what they have at SPPf, so I'm used to it. One question though. If your PM box was full, would you receive the infraction PM?

Yes you would. You could also receive PM's of Admins if your PM box is full.

And nice system. I asked me why you don't use it...since it's included with vB. I hope I'll never get one^^

Years
Yes you would. You could also receive PM's of Admins if your PM box is full.

And nice system. I asked me why you don't use it...since it's included with vB. I hope I'll never get one^^

I see. Well, I'm sure it will be easy to keep a clean slate here. As long as you don't spam or reply to spam. I got an infraction on SPPf for using the word 'crap'. But if you've ever been to SPPf, you'd know it isn't exactly Happy-go-Lucky Land. >_>

At any rate, this place is a lot cleaner, so I'm glad this infraction system is being used.

Years
Yes yes, while not all of us like SPPf for so many reasons, let's end it at that as not to cause any potential uproar between forum members of that forum, alright?

Otherwise, things would be civilly unclean between us and them. XD

Yes sir!

The biggest reason I like it is for the great fanfiction forum they've got.

However, this place is so much better for game discussion and finding battles. With this new infraction system, we should be one step closer to making this place perfect!

...I'll shut up now. >_>

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
This is a wonderful idea. It makes you and the rest of the upper staff's job a lot more easier. It was straight forward for me, no problems. Now for anyone who breaks a rule, will think twice. And also will remember this thread. That will make them stop and follow the rules.

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
Will this thread be stickified for new members or will the first posts info be added to the rules?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
For some reason thats ounds just like SPPF's Warning System
This is a good idea for PC. I think its much better, but the required points for a Permaban is very low... Oh well. Its another step in PC become/being the best POKéMON forum out there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Very low? It's not too easy to rack up 20 infraction points unless you break rules again and again within a week. o_O;

Well, I know that. But I just mean it seems low... To me I guess. But I've never had a problem here anyway... But whatever.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
I can see clearly on how this system would help the majority of the people on this community. Other than that, it's a pretty neat system, a conception like this seems very ideal. However, as it can possibly help out members, It seems obvious that it's true convenience lies to the staff.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
I can see clearly on how this system would help the majority of the people on this community. Other than that, it's a pretty neat system, a conception like this seems very ideal. However, as it can possibly help out members, It seems obvious that it's true convenience lies to the staff.

I don't think it's meant to do anything but make an efficient and uniform system for the staff to use. It doesn't need to do anything else. o_O

Years
Infraction points only go away when the infraction expires, even if you're booted out as a result of a certain number.

So if you get an infraction that expires in four months, and that infraction ends up in a two-week ban, when you get back you'll have the points from that infraction for another three months and two weeks. I hope that makes sense. o.o;

Thank you for clearing that up for me Ausaudriel. I'll try and evade bans if I can.

Back