• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You really like yourself, don't you?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Do you like yourself? What about yourself do you like specifically? Do you ever wish that others would be more like you?

Years
I freaking love myself! I mean come on, I AM THE BLOODY OVERLORD, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I PUT THE OVER IN OVERPOWERED, MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA! OK so here's a list of things I like about myself.

- I am the Overlord
- I am the most powerful member on Pokecommunity
- I am an intellectually gifted individual
- I have an analytic mind and it is near impossible for most people to beat me logically
- I have sharp instincts and cat like reflexes which allow me to do things you wouldn't even believe were humanly possible
- I am fit and healthy, my body is both agile and strong
- I am talented in multiple things - karate, piano, video games, Pokemon TCG etc.
- I have a Mathematics degree and a black belt in karate
- I have a well paid job and am on a career path that I currently enjoy
- I am a highly adaptable person

Given more time I could probably list a whole bunch of other things but I think that's more than enough of me sticking my head up my own ass, haha.

As for the final bit, on one hand yeah I'd like it if more people were logically minded like myself but on the other hand I don't want people becoming too similar to me because I pride myself on my uniqueness.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Not at all. I'm stuck in this tumultuous vortex of self-criticism all the time. I bring it upon myself, so don't pity me. I think it's evident from everything I've ever posted that no one should aspire to be like me.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
Years
i really, really, really, dislike myself. i've been like this since i was about 12. i've always had problems learning to love myself. i hide it very well though. i wouldn't really want people to be like me tbh, i have some pretty bad flaws... but i like being unique, original and individual. the only thing i like about myself, physically, are my eyes. XDD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The only thing I like about myself is that I have a heavy heart towards my friends and family. I'm always helpful towards them, and I can never let them down.

That's kinda it. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Not really. There is a lot about myself I want to change, and not much that I would keep the same.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I pretty much hated myself for most of my life. Even though that's changed in recent years, I still don't love myself enoough that I would want people to be like me lol.

Years
I want people to be themselves, unless that means they're rude, annoying, hateful people. Then I'd want them to be like me because I'm (usually) not rude, annoying, or hateful.

I can't say I really like myself. I guess I just accept myself, but if another me were to appear I don't think I'd want to be around other me. I mean, I've got good qualities like anyone, but I never really feel like taking pride in them or anything.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Other people can be however they want.
As outfox said, lots of self criticism. I also have no self esteem. I'm neutral about myself, leaning toward dislike. Mainly because I see myself as an annoying, immature, self-criticizing (as mentioned), weird, aggressive sadist.

But I'm in a decent mood right now. Other times I wonder how I manage to live with/as myself (;

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
yeah,i would be lying if i said i don't because i do like myself and also i think that i'm one of my kind as nobody is me no one like me..i think that i'm a unique person..different..might be better than some people might be worse but i like who i am...and i don't want anyone to be like me..because being me is hard for anyone! haha...everyone has his\her unique ways...and i want to be always a different person!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I wouldn't say that I either like or dislike myself. For the most part I look at other people and wish I could be more like them, but there are certain aspects about myself that I do like. I like that I'm articulate and I like that I have a decent command of the English language, which is not something that everybody can say. I also like that, despite my lack of confidence in myself and my thoughts, I do have the capacity to think for myself and I have original thoughts.

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
I honestly dislike myself. I try to be a better person but those efforts are buried by my rl friends, who just push me around. That's a different story, however.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
To be honest, I feel like I don't like nor dislike myself. I think the biggest challenge one can have is to accept oneself wholly.. all the good and the bad. Or to change the qualities you don't like (genuinely) to become a better person- not just mask the bad. There are some aspects of myself that I do like that I have, and others not so much, but I try my best to learn to live with them.

I think some of the things that I wish others could take from me is my ambition. It sort of kills me to see others cruise on by, not care about life, and waste others' (usually their parents') time and money. I'd want others to try and make and attempt to contribute more, even if it were just out of their own selfishness.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
I don't like myself at all. i wish i could change everything. i dont like the way i look and i wish i could be able to do different things. idk i just never am happy with myself no matter how hard i try or who tells me. i'm always jealous of people who always say they are happy with themselves because i don't know that feeling and i wish i did. it's probably because of my depression which causes this.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, there are things that I would change, but there aren't really all that many. I'm quite content with who I am.

Years
People should honestly be themselves. not like me. I honestly think Im not really the type of person people should be like. I always tend to think others are better than me.

Back