• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
Im using WIndows 7 and Lunar IPS.

Can you link me to a correct Ruby ROM and the correct file?
That would be great :)

Wait, I just need a Ruby ROM because Im never sure if I have the right version.

Ive tried EVERYTHING and still nothing! Why cant there just be a complete packaged rom that you download once and then just play!?

Last edited:

Greg.

Elite Four
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
Im using WIndows 7 and Lunar IPS.

Can you link me to a correct Ruby ROM and the correct file?
That would be great :)

Wait, I just need a Ruby ROM because Im never sure if I have the right version.

Ive tried EVERYTHING and still nothing! Why cant there just be a complete packaged rom that you download once and then just play!?

Google Pokemon Ruby USA and you can't go far wrong.

And it's not packaged into one ROM because it's illegal otherwise.

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
Google Pokemon Ruby USA and you can't go far wrong.

And it's not packaged into one ROM because it's illegal otherwise.

Ok I downloaded the very first Ruby.
I downloaded the English .ips.

I applied the .ips

IT STILL DIDNT WORK D:

Years
Just fight the trainers at the start of the game to level up it doesnt matter if you loose because it wont cause you a penny at the start of this game..

Actually you lose half of your money for your first loss...

It's still frustrating, because you can waste time and try to catch new Pokemon on the route who will be crippled...

Not to mention, why doesn't the first town with a mart sell pokeballs? And why is the first mart that sells any kind of balls ultra balls?

This hack just has some strange pacing...

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
Actually you lose half of your money for your first loss...

It's still frustrating, because you can waste time and try to catch new Pokemon on the route who will be crippled...

Not to mention, why doesn't the first town with a mart sell pokeballs? And why is the first mart that sells any kind of balls ultra balls?

This hack just has some strange pacing...

Hey Andy how did you install the game?

I have no luck at all.

Greg.

Elite Four
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
Ok I downloaded the very first Ruby.
I downloaded the English .ips.

I applied the .ips

IT STILL DIDNT WORK D:

That's weird then. Only thing is to try a different version of VBA? You've got 128k set in preferences right?

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
Precisely 128k.

I'll try the last version of VBA.

For some reason the zip file im using spazzed out and wouldnt open the file for the last VBA, do any other emulators work with this?

EVERY
SINGLE
TIME

It says: 'Unsupported file type'

YES YES YES YES OMFG YES!!!
I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!

WAIIIITT...

Im not sure if I even have the full version.

I downloaded the English Beta 2...

ISNT THAT THE FULL VERSION .-.?

So its NOT the full version....

O.
M.
G.

The only full version I can get is in Portugese.

I DONT UNDERSTAND PORTUGESE BNEFNESKNGNRK

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2014
Where is the gym leader of the 6th gym, I've already been in whole the city but he isn't in the gym?

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
White Screen

Ok I have tried everything.

Downloaded the english patch...
Downloaded many versions of Ruby (including the 1.0v)
Using the latest VBA

...Nothing... -_-'

I have been at this for little over an hour patching different base ruby roms and still getting nothing. And yes I followed all instructions many people here posted.

Need help please.

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
Ok I have tried everything.

Downloaded the english patch...
Downloaded many versions of Ruby (including the 1.0v)
Using the latest VBA

...Nothing... -_-'

I have been at this for little over an hour patching different base ruby roms and still getting nothing. And yes I followed all instructions many people here posted.

Need help please.

OH
MAH
GAWD

I had the exact same problem as you just yesterday. Go to the official website for the hack, get the English ips. I cant remember where I got my Ruby ROM though... let me check

Ok, the exact name of the file of the ruby rom I got it to work on is:

0907 - Pokemon - Ruby Version (U) (v1.0)

Does anyone here know how to evolve a Snorunt into a Froslass in the game?

I want to use one later on when I get the chance, and Ive seen outdated videos from old betas where Snorunt evolves various ways.

The question is, how does it evolve NOW?

Last edited:

AZI

Years
:( i need some other ruby rom .. when im usin it on one i got all i get is only white screen :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
I was wonder if anyone could give me a new link to the gba english format of the final version of this game because on his main website it links to a dead file due to inactivity for 30 days.

and it turns to be a dead link cause it has expired..i would appreciate it so much.
Thank you very much :)

Greg.

Elite Four
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
I was wonder if anyone could give me a new link to the gba english format of the final version of this game because on his main website it links to a dead file due to inactivity for 30 days.

and it turns to be a dead link cause it has expired..i would appreciate it so much.
Thank you very much :)

tinyurl(dot)com/c5zv7lq
There's two links on that site.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
tinyurl(dot)com/c5zv7lq
There's two links on that site.

i know..but those are the one you linked is the ips format..if you go to the gba format and go to the English one it says the link was deleted due to inactivity

Greg.

Elite Four
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
i know..but those are the one you linked is the ips format..if you go to the gba format and go to the English one it says the link was deleted due to inactivity

Ah right. Well IPS patching is pretty simple, and gives the same result...

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
Yea, it took me 2 days but I finally got the ips patch to work.

Did you use the RUby ROM I recomended at the top of this page?

Thats the one that worked for me

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
Well im trying to put it onto my phone..i had a different version apparently it wasn't the final version. and i dont think patching it would really work? not sure. so getting the .gba format would just be simple and hassle free

Greg.

Elite Four
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
Well you download the base Ruby .gba file and then IPS patcher applies the patch to the Ruby gba file. So it's the same result, you get the Light Platinum hack in .gba format. No-one can technically link you to a patched .gba file as it's illegal.

Back