• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Uber Rain Dance Team

PkmnLvr6

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
Okay I've made some various changes to my uber rain team so here's the updated version-

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EV's: 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Nature: Timid
Water Spout
Ice Beam
Thunder
Surf

Kyogre's main purpose and role is to set up the rain to assist the rest of my team that benefits from rain. It is also used to wipe out a chunk of my opponents team using Water Spout as long as they don't out speed it or resist it. Its main threats are Dialga, Palkia, and Scarf Zapdos as the first two resist its powerful Water Spout and Zapdos with a +Spd nature and Choice Scarf can really damage it making Water Spout useless. Thunder and Ice Beam are just strong special moves that hit some of Water Spout's resistors and basic for Kyogre, and Surf is in case Kyogre is low on HP.

Palkia @ Haban Berry
Ability: Pressure
Thunder
Spacial Rend
Surf
Waterfall/Focus Punch

Palkia's place is for a rain abuser seeing as it can learn strong water moves and Thunder and can out speed average ubers that do not have a Choice Scarf. Thunder is for power and perfect accuracy in rain. I chose to go with Spacial Rend instead of Draco Meteor for a no recoil move that it gets STAB from to hit the common Dragon types in ubers. Surf is a powerful Water move with better accuracy than Hydro Pump and for better reliability. As for Waterfall or Focus Punch they would be for taking care of Blissey but not sure which one I should use just yet. I prefer Waterfall over Aqua Tail because of reliability and the possible flinch. Haban Berry is for covering its only weakness and better stance against opposing Dragon types.

Dialga @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP, 140 SpA, 116 SpD

Nature: Modest
Thunder
Dragon Pulse
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock

I have Dialga to set up Stealth Rock which I kind of need for this team to assist my sweepers and in case of a potential Shedinja switch who otherwise I would not be able to defeat. Thunder is just a powerful perfect accuracy move to back up Dragon Pulse and to get great coverage. Dragon Pulse is STAB and deals with the more common Dragon ubers, and Thunder Wave is an assisting move and makes up for its low speed. Its EV spread lets me take out Palkia with Dragon Pulse and survive longer with the defensive spread and Leftovers.

Mewtwo @ Expert Belt

Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Aura Sphere
Taunt

Mewtwo is the main special sweeper that specializes in taking out the more threatening ubers. Grass Knot is mainly for taking out Groudon, Ice Beam is for Rayquaza, and Aura Sphere is for Dialga and Darkrai. Taunt is to get rid of hazardous non-attack moves that could be detrimental to my team plus Timid lets it out speed Darkrai to Taunt away Dark Void. Expert Belt is to assist in taking out the Pokemon it counters and really just used it because Life Orb's on Kingdra.

Kabutops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EV's: 252 Att, 252 Spd, 4 SpD
Nature: Adamant
Flail

Waterfall
Low Kick
Swords Dance

Kabutops is the Physical Sweeper of the team and is designed to beat out ubers by out speeding them with Swift Swim and sweeping with a Swords Dance boost. Waterfall is for power and STAB as well as a possible flinch. Low Kick is mainly for taking down Dialga which could pose as a real threat to this team if not dealt with and Flail is a powerful 200 power move that goes along with Focus Sash since I would prefer to play in the single-item clause tier.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
EV's: 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 Att
Nature: Modest/Mild
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse
Waterfall
Draco Meteor

Kingdra is another Special Sweeper and the main check to Palkia who could also pose a potential threat to this team if not dealt with properly. Hydro Pump is basically just for a powerhouse move to use against those who don't resist it; Dragon Pulse is for wiping out Palkia without the added negative effect of Draco Meteor assuming the opponent does not hold a Haban Berry. Waterfall is to help take out Blissey who could otherwise wall Kingdra as well as my other special sweepers, and Draco Meteor is for a powerful Dragon move to hit Latios/as hard as well as Dialga. Additionally I put max Speed EV's into it to allow it to out speed Choice Scarf Palkia.

So those are the changes to my uber rain dance team so again tell me what ya'll think and give your input on what I should change/consider if anything. Thanks in advance!
J
Your fellow Pokemon player,
PkmnLvr6

Last edited:

Kodachrome

Monotype Connisseur
Years
You have a good team, but I think with just a few minor adjustments it would go from a good team into an even better team.

Palkia- You have two options here. #1.Change Draco Meteor into Ice Beam so that you'll have space for both Ice Beam and Aura Sphere. It's better that way because you won't have to worry about hindering the rest of your sweeping potential with the recoil from Draco Meteor. Also, Ice type moves hit Dragon type pokemon just as hard, but Ice is better against Garchomp because of the x4. Having Aura Sphere in there can also help you protect yourself from danger as Ice type pokemon receive x2 damage from Fighting type moves. #2.Keep Draco Meteor and Ice Beam, but change the Haban berry into a White Herb. That way, you can keep Draco Meteor and not have to worry about the recoil for one turn. You also get to keep Ice Beam, which should prove useful against Grass types who'll undoubtably switch into your Water types.

Jolteon- Either this is a double battle team or it's not. It's fine to have versatility in how well you perform for both Singles and Doubles, but when you have moves that are only effective in one of the types, you put yourself at a big disadvantage. Judging by your intention to put it in, you want this to be a Doubles team. If so, then it's fine to keep that moveset. But I would recommend starting with Kyogre and Jolteon so that the helping hand can be used on the only non-single hitting move in your entire teams arsenal, Water Spout. But even then it really won't receive much use if that's the only move that it can be used with, so either get more moves that hit two pokemon, or drop Helping Hand.

Kingdra- The problem here is the same with Palkia. I'd recommend switching Draco Meteor with Dragon Pulse here. There's just too much risk and not enough reward since it doesn't even receive STAB from it.

As for your team overall, I see good pokemon with good movesets, but not much synergy between them. It's almost like they're working independently of each other. There's also a major weakness against Electric type pokemon. The only pokemon on your team with a Ground type move is Jolteon, but it's moveset implies support, not offensive. All in all, it's a really good team, and a little tweaking should fill the gaps in synergy pretty nicely.

PkmnLvr6

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
Thanks for the help Kodachrome. I think for Palkia I'll go with the White Herb and Draco Meteor/Ice Beam the only fear I have with that is if it faces Latios/as it won't be able to land a hit on them because they will out speed it and OHKO it with a Soul Dew boosted Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor, but if that's all I have to worry about it should be fine. I'm going to change Helping Hand to maybe another attacking move or Protect even on Jolteon I'm not sure yet, I'll put that out later. As for the last 2 suggestions I'm not sure exactly what you mean by Kingdra not getting STAB from Draco Meteor seeing as it is both Dragon and Water type and you suggested I put Dragon Pulse in place of Draco Meteor but it already has both those moves. Also I don't think I mentioned that Jolteon had a Ground type move on it so I'm kind of unclear on that. As for the Electric weakness the only two that receive 4x damage from Electric type moves are Kyogre and Kabutops and that is one of the reasons I have Jolteon on this set.

Kodachrome

Monotype Connisseur
Years
My bad, I forgot that Kingdra was part Dragon and that Jolteon's Hidden Power was Ice. I thought that Kabutops received x4 damage from Grass since it's Water and Rock? And when I meant Electric weakness, I was talking more about the fact that you have no moves that hit them for x2 or x4 damage, not that you can't survive hits from them. And since you have a Focus Sash on your Jolteon, why not replace Helping Hand with with Calm Mind. This way, if they hit you you'll get a free turn to gain stats and retaliate. I would recommend the same thing in place of Draco Meteor on Kingdra unless you absolutely still want it there. I wouldn't really take my advice on that one though since I try to stay away from all moves that have some form of negative recoil. I'm a really cautious person sometimes considering I don't always have the best of luck in a pokemon battle. I hope it's not too much to ask but could you rate my team too? My thread is "Insectopia- A Mono Bug Team."

PkmnLvr6

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
True Kabutops does receive 4x damage from Grass which is another reason I gave it X-Scissor. As for Jolteon it would be nice but it does not get Calm Mind nor does Kingdra. So I think I may go with either Light Screen or Thunder Wave on Jolteon and keep Kingdra as is. As for your team yes no problem.

Elvis Cheeseley

~Swiss cheese only~
Years
A few things I'd like to say about your team-

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Water Spout
Ice Beam
Thunder
Surf/Hydro Pump

ScarfOgre is there for denting giant-sized holes in youe opponent's team and you really shouldn't depend on Brine.Surf for acc,Hydro pump for raw power.I'd also prefer MOdest nature over timid for making Water spout 2hko even Blissey at Full HP.

Palkia @ Haban Berry/Lustrous Orb
Thunder
Special Rend
Surf
Aura Sphere

No need for changing Haban berry to White Herb.That thing is useless(except for SS users),coz you can use it only once.I'd rather put Special Rend instead of Meteor since this isn't a Hit & run set.You can also consider Lustrous Orb for a further boost in it's Water & dragon atts.

Jolteon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Volt Absorb
Thunder
Hidden Power Ice
Helping Hand
Rain Dance

Unless this is a Doubles team,DON'T KEEP JOLTEON.Use this instead-

Ludicolo@leftovers
Trait-Swift Swim
Modest Nature
252 SpA/196 Spe/60 Def

Hydro Pump
Ice beam
Leech seed
Substitute

Hydro pump kills anyhting neutral to it.Ice beam is for dragons(except Rayquaza-remember Air lock stops your Swift swim boost).Sub+ leech seed is mainly for Blissey,who can wall most of your team.Speed evs for outspeeding Modest scarf palkia.

Or you could try out this-

Manaphy@leftovers
Trait-Hydration
Timd Nature
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP

Surf
Ice Beam/Grass Knot
Tail Glow
Rest

Serves as a status absorber that your team badly needs.Also kills Stall teams with ease.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Thunder
Psychic
Aura Sphere
Grass Knot

Mewtwo needs Timid nature for outspeeding Darkrai.Also you should try and slot in a Calm Mind somewhere.

Kabutops @ Expert Belt/Choice Band
EV's: 252 Att, 252 Spe/4 HP
Nature: Adamant
Stone Edge
Aqua Jet
Low Kick
Waterfall/Aqua Tail/Swords Dance

X-Scissor is useless in Ubers.Run SD if it's not banded.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam
Draco Meteor

Kingdra is another Special Sweeper and the main check to Palkia who could also pose a potential threat to this team if not dealt with properly. Hydro Pump is basically just for a powerhouse move to use against those who don't resist it; Dragon Pulse is for wiping out Palkia without the added negative effect of Draco Meteor assuming the opponent does not hold a Haban Berry. Ice Beam is really just another special move for Kingdra to abuse with Choice Specs and can be used if needed against a Dragon/Flying type who could survive a Dragon Pulse as well against Grass types, and finally Draco Meteor is for a powerful Dragon move to hit Latios/as hard as well as Dialga. Additionally I put max Speed EV's into it to allow it to outspeed Choice Scarf Palkia.

So that is my current uber rain dance team and really I'm open to anything so please give your advice I would really appreciate it thanks.
Your fellow Pokemon player,
PkmnLvr6

Suggestions in bold.Btw you should mention whether it's for Gen 4 or Gen 5.Gen 5 will mean it has a GIANT Ferrothorn weakness.Hope I helped :)

PkmnLvr6

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
Thanks a lot for the help Elvis Cheeseley! :) it really caused me to think a bit and I may reconsider a few things about this team. I'll probably post my updated team later once I decide what to change

Back