Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!

TrollandToad.com

Old October 12th, 2017 (4:03 AM).

Sneasel is op no? game look great.

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 12th, 2017 (9:48 AM).

Nature: Lax
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by gilam View Post
      Sneasel is op no? game look great.
      As I've been watching other people playing the game on youtube I'm discovering I need to up the difficulty a bit, but I wouldn't say Sneasel is OP unless you give it return, which I forgot to remove and am gonna do right now lol
      Old October 12th, 2017 (10:09 AM).
      The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
        my game crashed in Signal City after trying to interact with Kristina. Furthermore she went into a forest during the event with the pokegear but when I explored the town a bit to find any goodies she was outside once more which I think may be the bug that killed my game, but I'm not sure
        Old October 12th, 2017 (10:27 AM). Edited October 12th, 2017 by buttjuice.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
          my game crashed in Signal City after trying to interact with Kristina. Furthermore she went into a forest during the event with the pokegear but when I explored the town a bit to find any goodies she was outside once more which I think may be the bug that killed my game, but I'm not sure
          uuuuh I'll look into this, wish I knew this right before I just did an update lmao. Thanks for pointing this out, looney!
          Fixed, gonna update the link in about 10-15 minutes. Still gonna be called 1.3.5 as I doubt anybody has downlaoded in the last 30 minutes

Updated the link
          Old October 13th, 2017 (5:13 PM).

Game is looking good so far. Downloaded it a day or two ago. Just curious if there is an updated list of 'mon's on specific routes. I've been looking for bulbasaur on route 2 all day. Found 3 joltick and a bunch of scythers and whatnot but I haven't even seen a bulbasaur yet and I've been at this for about 7 hours on and off. Also, using my lvl 13 starly on a lvl 14 venonat and surskit vs my oddish I'm getting critical'd more than I feel I should and keep getting my 'mon killed in 1 hit by a water move on a grass type or a bug move on a flying type. But when I use Wing attack on venonat it only does barely 1/3rd Hp. Ummm, I think the poke center in Erkwood deserves a computer or somehere over there so I can take my scyther I just caught and be able to take bublasaur out when I finally find him...
            Old October 14th, 2017 (6:39 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tanneroff View Post
              Game is looking good so far. Downloaded it a day or two ago. Just curious if there is an updated list of 'mon's on specific routes. I've been looking for bulbasaur on route 2 all day. Found 3 joltick and a bunch of scythers and whatnot but I haven't even seen a bulbasaur yet and I've been at this for about 7 hours on and off. Also, using my lvl 13 starly on a lvl 14 venonat and surskit vs my oddish I'm getting critical'd more than I feel I should and keep getting my 'mon killed in 1 hit by a water move on a grass type or a bug move on a flying type. But when I use Wing attack on venonat it only does barely 1/3rd Hp. Ummm, I think the poke center in Erkwood deserves a computer or somehere over there so I can take my scyther I just caught and be able to take bublasaur out when I finally find him...
              There is a PC in every pokemoncenter, its the blue computer looking thing. Also, bulbasaur is extremely rare, but he is there.
              Old October 14th, 2017 (6:51 AM).

hey the game looks awsome but i have a BIG problem with the first ''boss fight'' against admin Michael. i actually managed to kill his Magmortar (using Toxic lol) but nothing happend. He just stands there like nothing happend and the cutscene comes again when you take a step further but game gets stuck. if you leave the house and enter again everything is back to normal and you have another chance to ''lose'' or stay quiet.... I just wanted to say that i am sad that there is no secret for when you win
                Old October 14th, 2017 (8:05 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by the_sad_dude View Post
                  hey the game looks awsome but i have a BIG problem with the first ''boss fight'' against admin Michael. i actually managed to kill his Magmortar (using Toxic lol) but nothing happend. He just stands there like nothing happend and the cutscene comes again when you take a step further but game gets stuck. if you leave the house and enter again everything is back to normal and you have another chance to ''lose'' or stay quiet.... I just wanted to say that i am sad that there is no secret for when you win
                  Guess I'm gonna have to give him some more pokemon, you're not really suppose to win that fight, and since it was so early on and it's level is so high I figured it would one shot everthing, but I guess if you poison it and stall long enough with a full team it's possible.. so I gotta add more pokemon for him lol
                  Old October 16th, 2017 (10:51 AM).

Game difficulty needs to be upped a lot.
                    Old October 17th, 2017 (1:40 PM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by The Only God View Post
                      Game difficulty needs to be upped a lot.
                      You're the first person to say this, most people have had to grind. So I'm not really sure if I should up the difficulty.
                      Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:05 AM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by buttjuice View Post
                        You're the first person to say this, most people have had to grind. So I'm not really sure if I should up the difficulty.
                        full team's for trainer's
                        better move's set
                        better and balance team's
                        lvl's cap for gym's
                        c'ant leave gym untill u finish

no need for grinding to make the game hard.
                        Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:23 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by gilam View Post
                          full team's for trainer's
                          better move's set
                          better and balance team's
                          lvl's cap for gym's
                          c'ant leave gym untill u finish

no need for grinding to make the game hard.
                          I think level caps for gyms are honestly whack, so that definitely won't be in my game.
                          Can't leave until gym is finished is already implemented, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there.
                          Giving trainers full teams at the beginning of the game, uh, why? That's kinda..dumb. The games current beta only goes up to the second gym, where in any pokemon game you definitely wouldn't be running into people with fully developed teams yet.
                          Better and balanced teams for trainers? Maybe I could do a better job with that.
                          Move sets for trainers are mostly set, but I will say I did get lazy and left some trainers with their default moves and just set their pokemon and levels.

I never said you have to grind, I've said some people have had to. I've had some that haven't had any issues, and I've had some people that complain that the second gym is "too hard," and that he was the first to complain about the game being "too easy."
                          Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:24 PM).

For anyone that's curious about the mystery gift you need to go into any pokemart, save your game, and reload. Then you'll have the "mystery gift" option on the main screen!
                            Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:55 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by buttjuice.

had a bug to fix, hopefully not too many people downloaded 1.5. 1.5.1 is out now :)

another bug being fixed, I forgot to turn off a switch that locks you in the gym for one of the choices in the gym. uploading the fix now, sorry about that guys

Fixed the link.
                              Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:03 PM).

I just downloaded the game and started to play it and an error popped up after the music started to play after you tell the game your name

the error window that pops up says

---------------------------
                                Pokemon Clandestine
                                Script 'BitmapCache' line 394: RuntimeError occurred.

Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/footset
                                Old 2 Weeks Ago (9:50 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by SpaceShipEarth View Post
                                  I just downloaded the game and started to play it and an error popped up after the music started to play after you tell the game your name

the error window that pops up says

Pokemon Clandestine
                                  Script 'BitmapCache' line 394: RuntimeError occurred.

Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/footset
                                  Weird, did you move the graphics folder into the main games folder? The error is pretty simple, you're missing the "footset" picture in your graphics/pictures folder. Not sure why you don't have it as it's in the graphics folder, but you can download it here, save it in the pictures folder inside the graphics as "footset"
                                  Old 2 Weeks Ago (4:15 AM).

Honestly, I think this has the potential to be one of the best fan games out there even rivaling Reborn and Insurgence.
                                    The only that I would suggest is the items that we get early on would be quite too OP if someone got a Pokemon that boosts the ability. (Like guts etc)
                                    Overall this game is really amazing!
                                    Keep up the great work Juice!
                                    Old 2 Weeks Ago (9:44 AM).

So, when I first started the game. I really enjoyed the plot ideas, and how the intro was relatively short. Not a normal thing to not be able to pick your starter, but knowing they will be available later on in the game, I still went ahead and tried it. To be honest, the game wasn't quite as hard before the last few updates, when some others said the game was too easy. But I thought that it was well put together, the levels still felt challenging even though it wasn't terribly difficult. But it's supposed to be a kids game. I've been grinding and rage quitting a couple times lately because it seems the type attribute system doesn't have an effect anymore. Just send out your strongest pokemon, use the strongest moves you have, and hope you win and get enough xp to keep playing and competing without grinding. I guess I'm one of those people where I want to grind because I want too, not because I have too. Maybe I've spent 2 days looking for that bulbasaur, and If I level too high and don't have scyther I can't catch it because now my poke and too OP for it. I don't want to be perfect about how to win a battle, I just want water gun to do a decent amount of damage against a rock/ground type, whether I'm a couple levels back or not. I miss that. Seems less fun and a lot more work. HOWEVER, the towns are really well built I think, you can for sure see the potential in the game. Whether the difficulty stays, or dims back down to normal, I'll probably keep playing because I like it that much. Also, Juice is a really cool guy. Communicates well and takes criticism seriously and tries hard to put this all together. The Halloween mystery gift was freaking cool, and I'm so excited for the Holiday update coming in the next month. Basically, its a great game so far, especially if you like the nostalgia of it. But it IS difficult. It's not a beginner game to start on. If you want that, go back to the emulators.
                                      Old 1 Week Ago (7:22 PM).

awesome job on this game i love it. keep up the great work cant wait until the next update. hoping you could put in a fire stone so i can evolve my growlithe
                                        Old 1 Week Ago (9:21 AM).

Nature: Quirky
                                          So I downloaded mega on my phone to download this game and it downloaded to mega and did the whole import thing but when I open my emulator it doesn't find the ROM and if I go into my files through the emulator manually it says error loading ROM. Is there any other way I could download it? Or a specific emulator I have to use?? Please HELP?!!! This game looks awesome from what I could see off the screenshots and I'd like to judge it for myself.
                                          Old 1 Week Ago (11:46 AM).

Quote:
                                            Weird, did you move the graphics folder into the main games folder? The error is pretty simple, you're missing the "footset" picture in your graphics/pictures folder. Not sure why you don't have it as it's in the graphics folder, but you can download it here, save it in the pictures folder inside the graphics as "footset"
                                            Okay so I just downloaded the halloween version of this game and it's also showing missing footset error!
                                            I downloaded footset from the link and put it inside the pictures folder but it's still showing the error
                                            Old 1 Week Ago (1:09 PM).

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by RageQueen View Post
                                              So I downloaded mega on my phone to download this game and it downloaded to mega and did the whole import thing but when I open my emulator it doesn't find the ROM and if I go into my files through the emulator manually it says error loading ROM. Is there any other way I could download it? Or a specific emulator I have to use?? Please HELP?!!! This game looks awesome from what I could see off the screenshots and I'd like to judge it for myself.
                                              It's not a rom hack, it is a fan game so it is an .exe, thus it can't be played on your phone.
                                              Old 1 Week Ago (1:11 PM).

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by NihilZero View Post
                                                Okay so I just downloaded the halloween version of this game and it's also showing missing footset error!
                                                I downloaded footset from the link and put it inside the pictures folder but it's still showing the error
                                                Can you join the discord by chance? Would be easier to help you there as you could send screenshots and everything to what your folder looks like. I'll try to help here, though.

Did you do this when you downloaded and extracted the game?
                                                Old 1 Week Ago (1:15 PM).
                                                buttjuice buttjuice is online now

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by kaomebunny View Post
                                                  awesome job on this game i love it. keep up the great work cant wait until the next update. hoping you could put in a fire stone so i can evolve my growlithe
                                                  Glad to hear you are enjoying it! And, there is a fire stone actually! It's a hidden item. I had the Poketch script where you could see hidden items, but the script was causing my game to crash for some reason, so I gave the item finder and recently discovered that it doesn't work. So, I'll give you a hint to it's location!

Good luck!
                                                  Old 1 Week Ago (2:09 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by NihilZero.
                                                  NihilZero NihilZero is offline

Quote:
                                                    Can you join the discord by chance? Would be easier to help you there as you could send screenshots and everything to what your folder looks like. I'll try to help here, though.

Did you do this when you downloaded and extracted the game?
                                                    Yeah I got a discord but it's 11pm here and I have school tommorow so can we take care of it tommorow? I'll be able to stay up late if it's okay
                                                    Discord:
                                                    Username: Zero
                                                    Tag: #3206
                                                    Sorry for bothering...

Quick Reply