• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saitou

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Yea, Tottenham are doing pretty good for their first CL. Nice to see Barcelona back on its feat after the embarrassing loss against Hercules, a team from the 2nd division. Manchester isn't lucky at all this night, lol.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Shame, Bremen just equalised. But Spurs have to learn that you can't give away two goal leads in the Champions League.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Going to do a full review tomorrow but Barça is playing well but missing a million chances and a half (4-1, it could be 7-1 by now) and Valencia is having a party in Turkey (0-4). Manchester need to speed it up if they don't want to start in a bit of trouble.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Two points dropped for United but one point gained for Spurs just about sums up England's night.

Saitou

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Wow! Barcelona won 5 - 1 and against a good team as well. They had many chances, like Went said, and that penalty was unfortunate. Messi just keeps getting better and better, and did Pedro or Krkic score the 4th goal? I didn't get to see who since my cable went blank after the forth goal.

Valencia owned Bursaspor. They were far more superior and everybody predicted Valencia will win for sure.

It was interesting football night indeed.

Ivysaur

Years
It was Pedro. The day when Bojan scores something, there will be a huge festival in Barcelona to celebrate it XD

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
RANGERS DREW O-O AGAINST MAN U AT OLD TRAFFORD:):):)

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Excellent first half for the English clubs tonight. Arsenal have been in a different class, and Chelsea are three goals up.

Gabri

m8
Years
Owwch, SC Braga is getting totally owned by Arsenal :(
They're not the team I root for (it's Sporting Lisbon), but it's still bad for Portuguese football.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
6-0 to Arsenal, an excellent start to the Champions League season and 16 goals in three home games this season for Arsenal.

Ivysaur

Years
If Barça missed a million chances, Madrid missed billions today. For god's sake, sometimes they kicked the ball away when it was harder than actually kicking it inside, and, after a million lethal attacks, they had to wait for an own goal after a corner kick. Mourinho was incredibly angry and I can't blame him XD

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
If Barça missed a million chances, Madrid missed billions today. For god's sake, sometimes they kicked the ball away when it was harder than actually kicking it inside, and, after a million lethal attacks, they had to wait for an own goal after a corner kick. Mourinho was incredibly angry and I can't blame him XD
We all know Mourinho likes his side to take every chance they have, after all Mourinho plays a sit back, counter attack and take your one chance game.

Ivysaur

Years
I guess he won't like seeing his team missing chance after chance after chance after chance for pretty much 70 minutes of play XD I doubt any coacher would like that anyway.

16 shots on target = 1 goal (+ 1 own goal after a corner kick). Amazing.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
I guess he won't like seeing his team missing chance after chance after chance after chance for pretty much 70 minutes of play XD I doubt any coacher would like that anyway.
Wenger would still think Arsenal should have won if they did that and lost. He thinks making football look like art is more important than results, you do have to love it but...

Ivysaur

Years
Oh, I can relate to that, he thinks the same as Guardiola (as he reminded last week when they lost 0-2 with the same style as in the 5-1 against Panathinaikos yesterday). After all, if you aren't a fan of the teams playing, it's nicer to watch a match if a team tries to make some art out of it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Oh, I can relate to that, he thinks the same as Guardiola (as he reminded last week when they lost 0-2 with the same style as in the 5-1 against Panathinaikos yesterday). After all, if you aren't a fan of the teams playing, it's nicer to watch a match if a team tries to make some art out of it.
Arsenal and Barcelona are so similar it's uncanny, such a shame Barcelona are better.

Saitou

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Today, more than 20 Europa League matches will be happening and only 3 seems interesting really. Juventus, Manchester City, and Atletico's games are the ones I will probably watch only. Maybe Liverpool's one as well, but I hate seeing them playing; I hope they lose.

Years
Unless someone wishes to suprise me:

Favourite/Supported club: Cardiff City
National Team: England and Wales (Thus making me screwed in the Euro 2012 qualifications)

Had our first loss of the season on Tuesday, understandable when we weren't able to play a proper striker. Thankfully, other results (Bar QPR went our way).

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Today, more than 20 Europa League matches will be happening and only 3 seems interesting really. Juventus, Manchester City, and Atletico's games are the ones I will probably watch only. Maybe Liverpool's one as well, but I hate seeing them playing; I hope they lose.
I agree, seeing Liverpool play bores me. They just don't attack like most teams do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back