• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

🎄 Club Holly Jolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
My town's Christmas Light parade is tomorrow night! I kinda, sorta have to go because my little sister who is part of the parade with her Cheerleading squad will be participating and I'll be walking with her. Do you guys enjoy Christmas parades in your town, if any?

Not really. My parents aren't into stuff like that. I don't even think we have any in Apache Junction, but we do have Christmas festivals where you can see Santa. XD One year, they actually had snow you could play around with, and that was really neat for me as well. It's been a while since I've seen snow since we moved to Arizona too.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I used to be scared of Santa when I was little, seriously. My mom would force me to take a picture with a big fat man impersonating as Santa and I would cry my eyes out. I'm over that fear though. Now a friend of mine and I want to take a picture with him at the mall, like we've done so every year. lol.

And then there's man-made snow, but it's not the same as the snow most peeps up north experience. One day I wanna enjoy the good stuff.

Years
Even I remember when I would many years ago sit on "Santa"'s lap at our local country club, haha. And I was at the mall quite a few times over the past few weeks and found a Santa dressed up there with younger children, they were hosting that event there. I wondered what it would have been like at my now age as opposed to then, some people would've likely found it weird, haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
For some it would probably be a little creepy, albeit weird! When we went to see the mall santa a couple years back, we (me and my friend) asked the photographer if we wanted to take a quick picture, and he got pretty baffled at first, but he took it anyways. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I used to adore Santa, and still do, in a way! I found it to be rather magical of how he would climb-down chimneys and leave presents and whatnot, and how he would be using his reindeer to fly around. My parents would have me leave cookies for him on a place at our kitchen table, which would all be gone when I'd wake up in the morning (in actuality, they'd wind up to be eaten by dad). Back then, I would count on almost every other thing that an average kid would believe, haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
So, to change the topic a little, I just got about 10 packages from FedEx, all of them are Christmas presents I had bought online. How's everyone's progress in terms of Christmas shopping?

Years
How's everyone's progress in terms of Christmas shopping?

We still haven't got started! Because my family doesn't really pay much attention to Christmas these days because my mother only likes focusing on her fanclubs on Facebook. In fact, my last few Christmases had me not get as many gifts as I used to, so don't be surprised if I get not many or even up getting them after Christmas.

Years
I've done just as much Christmas shopping as I need to. But I haven't asked for anything yet, although i'm sure I will and then my folks will get to what they have to. I haven't gotten much relevant in previous years either...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yep, I've already done my shopping, thankfully.

I have finished most of it during middle through end of November; I've bought a hand-watch for my father, cosmetics for mom, and few DS games for my little sister. Though, I wish I had waited until Black Friday (or even December, since this is the month when we get most of our Christmas deals); this way, I would have been able to save a good portion of money.

For my own self, I'm planning to get a set of PlayStation 4. I've thought about Xbox One, but that likely won't work out with me; it's more pricey, some of its services seem to cost a lot, and not many of my friends have this system (therefore, I won't have much of a chance to play with or against them). I'll be purchasing it later this week.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I need my mom, my dad, and one friend left. The former should be easy, because they're getting gift cards (both are really difficult to choose a gift for, haha). The latter, well...let's say I'm having a hard time deciding on "something special!"

30 people on my list are getting gifts and now I need three left.

Years
I usually don't do any Christmas shopping. Maybe suggest what my parents should buy for others but that's it. I don't really ask for anything either, i know my cousins will get me something that i like.

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Need my mom, my dad, and my friend to shop for. That's it! The area where the tree is at is surrounded by presents that it's super hard to walk around. xD It's in the kitchen, but we have room to have our dinner :P

It's December 18, and it's THE FINAL COUNTDOWN. Christmas is now one week away!

Let's talk about movies and Christmas specials, yes? I haven't been able to see the Charlie Brown Christmas show because of work, but I'll probably watch it online so I won't miss it this year.

Years
I watched Home Alone on ABC Family Tuesday (and yesterday too). The Santa Clause was on last night as well, so I checked out some of that. And right now, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas is on so i'm tuned in to that. Granted, most Christmas movies don't change but when they come on they are always worth watching.

And there's always A Christmas Story, which if i'm not mistaken a certain channel (I think TBS) likes to do 24 hours of.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
We've done our shopping a long time ago. We just have to get Christmas dinner, and everything will be set for Christmas day. I'm so excited!! CHRISTMAS IS IN A WEEK YOU GUYS!!! I watched Frosty the Snowman, which is literally the highlight of Christmas for me. <3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've watched Home Alone 3 (or was it 2?) few weeks ago, and it was pretty entertaining; loved watching. My sister was watching, too, and she seemed to have enjoyed the movie a ton!

Though, I don't believe anything would ever be able to compare to their first release; if you ask me, it was very well-done. In their first film, everything seemed to have been connected--one thing led to another rather naturally, without having anything look forced or anything of the like. It had me laughing on plenty of occasion, even to a point where I literally couldn't breath. If I get the chance, I would definitely consider watching again.

Aside from that, I've also finished viewing Frozen again recently. Although the movie does not precisely relate to Christmas, it still does help getting into the mood.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Frozen does get me in a wintery mood. Because that movie was released on Thanksgiving and prior to the Holiday Season last year, it does have that effect to get people in that Christmas-y mood because December is the start of winter.

I have it on my DVR juuuust in case.

Home Alone is a classic! It's almost 25 years old and it still doesn't fail to amuse me.

Years
I watched a pretty hilarious Christmas movie last night, the 2003 comedy Elf. I think it's one of my fave Will Ferrell movies and the adorable Zooey Deschanel is also in it. I kinda like the story of this man raised like an elf going in search of his true identity.

Always a great feelgood movie to watch during the Christmas season!

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I always thought that movie was cute. I never got the chance to see it this year though. >< I used to have this friend who absolutely LOVED that movie around Christmas time.

Omg, I LOVE Frozen. I don't get why people give it so much hate. I guess because of the hype of it all and what not. Though, I could careless what others think of that movie. XD It's so cute, and I also feel really close to Elsa out of all the characters.

I've just been watching like... the Santa Claus and stuff. Another one I like is the live action version of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. That one is really cute as well. I love the song for that movie so much. <3 I'm not much of a Home Alone type person though. Please don't beat me up. ;w; I just don't really care much for movies like that. ><

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
In terms of TV Christmas specials, aside from the Charlie Brown one, I really love the Full House Christmas episodes. The one with Jesse and Michelle got locked in a gas station and the owner of the shop was a real life scrooge who hated Christmas. It was really heartwarming. This was in their final season, btw.

I'd like to share that my latest blog entry was Christmas-related. Made someone's Christmas a little merrier today, it's something I love doing every year. Does anyone have any stories about making someone's Christmas 20% awesome? Have you helped someone?

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
Hm. Well, I don't really know if it's Christmasy or anything... probably not. Anyway, down at this gas station we go to. We tend to visit there frequently on our way into town. We have become well acquianted with the people who work there. Well, there's this one old woman who works there because it's a family run business I believe. She's like a fourth grandmother to me (I say fourth because I had one from my mom's side that was her foster mother and my dad's grandmother who died and my godmother who was like a grandmother to me as well who also passed as well).

Well, my mom and I got both got her Christmas presents because she's the sweetest lady. She'll see is, come over, hug and kiss our cheek and say "I love you" like your part of her family and what not. We have yet to give them to her, but we are going to do it today when she's there. It was my mom's idea because she wanted to do something really special for her for always looking out for us.

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back