• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Solo Challenge

Years
Made it. Few side notes:

- BASIL could not evolve due to not having a National Dex. I decided to do the run anyway.
- BASIL is a girl...
- I chose Charmander as a starter for the extra challenge against my rival.

I mainly struggled with the first gym, Brock, and with Lance and Champion/Rival GREEN. With Brock I just got lucky that after 2x Rock Tomb and me using potions, he decided to spam Bind and Tackle... For both Lance and GREEN I used 2x X Special against their first pokemon, healed and then Crunched/Flamethrew/Solar Beamed my way to the championship.

Proof:
1636_Pokemon_Fire_Red_U_Squirrels_1523530299504.png

1636_Pokemon_Fire_Red_U_Squirrels_1523530289135.png

1636_Pokemon_Fire_Red_U_Squirrels_1523530231234.png

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
So let's talk about Gallade. Hoo boy was this mess fun

Spirit Shackle's Ultimate Gallade Solo Run is Complete Again!!!!!

Ultra Moon is a dumb game and X-Items are busted. That said, free Iron Defense/Amnesia buffs on demand are fun and the only way to beat certain fights. Looking at you, Mimikyu, ya whiny brat.

Raticate was easy because X-Items and Fairy > Dark (Z-Move: lol none)
Hala was easy because X-Items and Fairy/Psychic > Fighting (Z-Move: none)
Araquanid was easy because X-Items (Z-Move: none)
Marowak was really damn hard because Ghost > Psychic (Z-Move: none)
Lurantis was easy because I can use Inferno Overdrive now and also I finally evolved. (Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive)
Olivia I was easy because X-Items and Fighting > Rock (Z-Move: All-Out Pummeling)
Togedemaru was easy because X-Items and Fighting > Steel (Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive)
Guzma I was easy because X-Items and I maxed out Rotom at this point and got two Z-Moves (Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive x2)
Mimikyu was aids, but it's okay because X-Items (Z-Move: None)
Guzma II was easy because X-Items and Gigavolt Havoc (Z-Move: Gigavolt Havoc x2)
Nanu was easy because X-Items and Fighting > Dark (Z-Move: All-Out Pummeling)
Guzma III was easy because X-Items and 2x Supersonic Skystrike (Z-Move: Supersonic Skystrike x2)
Lusamine was easy because X-Items and 2x Shattered Psystrike (Z-Move: Shattered Psystrike x2)
Kommo-o died in one hit to Shattered Psystrike (Z-Move: Shattered Psystrike)
Baby Necrozma died in one hit to Never-Ending Nightmare (Z-Move: Never-Ending Nightmare)
Big Daddy Necrozma was easy because X-Items (and Roto-Boost) and double Never-Ending Nightmare (Z-Move: Never-Ending Nightmare x2)
Every single Cap?tan got X-Item'd and Z-Moved
Ribombee was aids, but it's okay because X-Items and Supersonic Skystrike (Z-Move: Supersonic Skystrike)
Hapu was easy because 2x Z-Moves are still OP, but X-Items are more OP (Z-Move: Shattered Psystrike x2)
Gladion III was easy because 2x Z-Moves are still OP, but X-Items are more OP. Also I'm REALLY overlevelled now. (Z-Move: All-Out Pummeling x2)
Molyane was easy because X-Items and Fighting > Steel (Z-Move: All-Out Pummeling x2)
Olivia II was easy because X-Items and Fighting > Rock (Z-Move: All-Out Pummeling x2)
Kahili's Braviary was annoying, but after it literally killed itself I could X-Item my way to glory (Z-Move: Shattered Psystrike x2)
Acerola was easy because Dhelmise is literally setup bait (Z-Move: Never-Ending Nightmare x2)
Hau is a whiny brat. In an incredible deviation from my normal strats, I Roto-Boosted 4 times rather than X-Item spamming. Well, I did use ONE X-Attack after Tauros Intimidated me because I felt bullied (Tauros also took a Super Effective STAB +5 Attack All-Out Pummeling to the face). Other than that, this battle was uneventful. (Z-Move: All-Out Pummeling x2)

Shoutouts to the other characters that made this run a success:
Rowlet the Popplio for being my primary team member for one wild fight before I remembered to hack in Ralts.
Fodder the Ledian for helping with a forced Double Battle in Po Town
Bag the Necrozma for helping with some double battles in Victory Road
Dog the Lilipup for picking up a Super Potion right after I caught it (for exp) that unironically saved the run.
The right clerk at the Route 4 Pokemart for being my X-Item dealer
Rotom Dex for being overpowered as heck

And now, the man himself:
gallade_xy-gif.37739

Inigo (Gallade) @ Fightinium Z (among other things)
Ability: Steadfast
Level: 70
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch (also used in this slot: Thunder Punch)
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Psycho Cut

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Once upon a time, there was a stizh playing Pokemon Stadium 2. Little Cup destroyed him time and time again, and he was at his wits end. Suddenly, the bot chose to not use the killer Abra in the final battle and instead used Poliwag, and this stizh promised to do an Electrode solo run if the Voltorb he was using managed to net him a win. That leads us to...

Username: BlissyMKW
Partner Pokemon: Electrode
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Silver
Previous Progress: No

Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 2/81

Others are doing it or have done it before, but I figured it would be very challenging to do a Solo Run with every evolution line in the Pokedex from a particular region. I reckon the main challenge would be to actually completed this, but even if it will take me a few years (81 evolines in Kanto, if I'm not mistaken), I'm still gonna try.

Username: Suon
Partner Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Challenge: 81x Single
Game(s): Fire Red/Leaf Green
Previous Progress: Yes

UPDATE 1: VENUSAUR
Spoiler:

UPDATE 2: CHARIZARD
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Username: AkiFromFT
Partner Pokemon: Mewtwo (I generated 6 random pokemon and then rolled a d6 and mewtwo was number two and I rolled a two)
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single
Game(s): FireRed
Previous Progress: (Yes or No) No

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Ok the first and last update started it at 11:38 finished it at 5:28 so 6 hours and 10 minuets(most because my power went out)
Sphinx(the mewtwo):Lvl:76 Earthquake, Psychic, Thunder Bolt, Strenght
in box:digglet(cut), golden(surf), and doduo(fly)

Last edited:
Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 3/81

UPDATE 3: BLASTOISE
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 3/81

UPDATE 3: BLASTOISE
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

seeing this reminded me i started something similar a while ago, and it inspired me to continue with this. I found for the earlier games, Red and Blue were much easier because speedups make the game go way faster, and the combined special stat makes it easier to tear through the game. The later mons don't really learn any moves until you are supposed to catch them, so FRLG is probably better.

I'll be attempting a beedrill solo run for my first one back. This was so tough my first go around that i just stopped trying and moved onto another one. Wish me luck!

Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 4/81 (or 12/151)

UPDATE 4: BUTTERFREE
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 4/81 (or 12/151)

UPDATE 4: BUTTERFREE
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

Butterfree is underrated imo, although its much harder with Generation 3 mechanics ;). Generation 1 with Psychic, Sleep Powder, Double Team and a move of your choice(Dream Eater perhaps), you'll never lose ^_^ Good luck with the Beedrill line(you'll need it).

Years
Butterfree is underrated imo, although its much harder with Generation 3 mechanics ;). Generation 1 with Psychic, Sleep Powder, Double Team and a move of your choice(Dream Eater perhaps), you'll never lose ^_^ Good luck with the Beedrill line(you'll need it).

Absolutely, although I always find that Sleep Powder misses more than hits in the Gen1 games (hail Compoundeyes). But yeah, natures like Early Bird, Shed Skin and especially Insomnia negate the strength of Butterfree in Gen3 of course.

And thanks, I really think the good luck wishes helped!! ????

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 5/81 (or 15/151)

UPDATE 5: BEEDRILL
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 6/81 (or 18/151)

UPDATE 6: PIDGEOT
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

The Sceptile King

Years
15.PNG

Beedrill Solo Run Complete

Beedrill wasn't that bad, the hard parts didn't really come until later on in the run, after silph co, which was after i got the take down TM which solved all my Fire and Flying type issues.

Twinneedle was an amazing move, and super underrated. I beat every enemy in Koga and Sabrina's gym with nothing but that move.

Overall, Beedrill was easier than I thought at first, and Brock was easy once you got a few misses, and poison in him.

Final Beedrill

15.PNG

Level 74
- Twineedle
- Poison Sting
- Take Down
- Mega Drain

Complted Solo's

Spoiler:

Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 7/81 (or 20/151)

UPDATE 7: RATICATE
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

The Sceptile King

Years
Kanto Solo Update!

Fearow is complete! I didn't get any pictures because VBA was being weird, but the run was completed nethertheless. I assumed that Fearow was going to be awful because of the lack of moves that he learns, but it's actually about the same as Pidgeot, so it wasn't too bad. He ended up being easier than Pidgeot, but still harder than everyone else, just because he only learned flying and normal type moves.

Final Fearow
fearow-color.png

Level 76
- Drill Peck
- Peck
- Take Down
- Mirror Move

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arbok completed! He was a pain in the beginning, I hacked him into route 1 and grinded him all the way up to level 20 before he took on brock and bit his way through the first gym. Outside of that, the only thing that was a pain were the slowbro's along the way that took me off guard and killed me a few times. Despite that, Sabrina wasn't as bad as I thought she was going to be, and she went down without any issues.

Here is the link to the album

Final Arbok

arbok-color.png

Level 77
- Strength
- Fissure (Was dig until champion fight)
- Acid
- Mega Drain

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raichu Completed!
He was pretty tough actually, I had to grind to level 20 ish to beat brock, but he was fun to use just because of being Raichu. I died several times in rock tunnel. Any rock/ground type was a pain to deal with, Giovanni was hard, and Bruno's two Onix killed me a few times. Aside from that he was fun to use.

Final Raichu

raichu-color.png

Level 75
- Thunderbolt
- Slam
- Swift
- Thunder​

Here is the Raichu proof I took more pictures than before, I think the album looks worse, so I think this is the only time I will take pics of the gym leaders.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandslash is done!

He was really easy outside of one pokemon - Gyarados. Every single time i encountered one i died at least once. I also feel like this is a given at this point, but I had to grind to level 17 to beat Brock. Getting slash at level 17 really helped propel the run and i didn't have to grind until the end. Sandslash is usually seen as a defensive pokemon, but he did perfectly fine for me.

Sandslash Proof

Final Sandslash

sandslash-color.png

Level 74
- Earthquake
- Slash
- Swift
- Poison Sting (I never used poison sting but i kept it along just for type diversity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I already completed Nidoking and Nidoqueen runs before, Nidoqueen was completed in a challenged quite some time ago, where i was given a random pokemon, and was required to level them up to level 100, and Nidoqueen was that random pokemon. Nidoking was completed when i was attempting to learn to speedrun pokemon red. I never comitted to learning it too well, but I still finished the game with just a Nidoking, and he is fun to use.

Completed Runs
Spoiler:

That means that clefable is next, and i'm not too worried, because TM's and type diversity usually come pretty well for them.​

Last edited:

The Sceptile King

Years
All Kanto Solo's Update

It's been a while, and i've put several updates on one post, so i feel like it's time I made another. Anyways, Clefable was pretty easy and i didnt have any major issues aside from the normal having to grind up before Brock. The moveset was pretty great 10/10 im excited for basically this same run up in two runs right after Ninetales with Wigglytuff.

Final Clefable
clefable-color.png

Level 75
Body Slam
Bubblebeam
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast

As always, here's the proof

Finished Runs​
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Username: Clemstar
Partner Pokemon: Azumarill
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Fire Red, Soul SIlver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Moon

Wish me luck!

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
This is technically a sign-up for 5 single challenges since I don't have XY or SM to do an ultimate challenge and I don't think my laptop could physically handle processing 3DS emulators :( Also, I'm gonna do these out of order most likely lol.

Username: Trev
Partner Pokemon: Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
Challenge: Single x5
Game(s): Firered / Crystal / Emerald / Diamond / Black 2

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Crystal is finished!

wkGOAqM.png
sAZPi3Q.png
XRqZbbq.png

Didn't really have any challenge. Feraligatr stomps the entire region because it has like the best coverage in the whole game. Got through with Ice Punch, Slash, Bite, and Surf pretty easily. Used Oddish, Pidgey, and Shiny Gyarados as HM slaves. The only healing item I used was a single Full Restore after Karen? because her Umbreon confused Todo and I couldn't kill it fast enough before it did damage.

On to Firered!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about Kanto. Happens!

pvn8vIS.png
jSwsXIi.png

Now onto Firered!

Last edited:
Years
Username: Clemstar
Partner Pokemon: Azumarill
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Fire Red, Soul SIlver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Moon

Wish me luck!

Good luck!