• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding Playable Character

Capt.Robvious

That One Guy
Years
Hello there! I'm new to this ROM hacking stuff. I'm just pretty much doing my own ROM hack for the R/B/Y games when I have free time. I got to thinking, I'd like to add Green and make her a playable character but I can't find anywhere on how to go about doing that. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Also I'd like to know how to edit the names of the characters when you start the game. You know when Oak asks what your name is and then a menu pops up. I want to get ride of the "New Name" feature and just have 4 different names.

Thanks for the help in advance! Again this is for R/B/Y and the same feature for G/S/C wouldn't be a bad tip either in case I decide to go with Gen 2 ROM hack.

Back