• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All-Instrument Patch (FireRed, Ruby, Emerald)

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
I tried using this, but any songs using the voicegroup are totally and completely silent. What did I do wrong? Did I not patch something I needed?

If you are using Emerald

Apply the patch in a clean rom.
Open the rom that u patched with an HEX editor and go to this offset: 1000000
Copy all the bytes from 1000000 to 1166FAC

Go to the rom you want to apply the patch(remember to expand it to 32mb), navigate to 1000000 and paste these bytes.
Again in the rom you want the patch you go to the direcion 6B5B28
And you change 44 E5 99 for this 9C 1F F0

The original autor isn't active anymore and I dont hack in Fire Red so I hope this helped you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
If you are using Emerald

Apply the patch in a clean rom.
Open the rom that u patched with an HEX editor and go to this offset: 1000000
Copy all the bytes from 1000000 to 1166FAC

Go to the rom you want to apply the patch(remember to expand it to 32mb), navigate to 1000000 and paste these bytes.
Again in the rom you want the patch you go to the direcion 6B5B28
And you change 44 E5 99 for this 9C 1F F0

The original autor isn't active anymore and I dont hack in Fire Red so I hope this helped you.
I'm using FireRed, unfortunately, and those pointers don't correspond to anything proper... :( Thanks for trying, though.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2023
I used this today and it´s great... but only to listen to the music! If you play a song that uses this voicegroup on a map, the game lags alot...If I walk onto anither map, it keeps lagging until a battle starts or I use a wrap.
Can I somehow fix this?

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
The patch works very good, but my hackrom have a lot of important data in 0x8A00000, and I don't know how to repoint this to another offset, can somebody help me?

Dr. Seuss

Years
Hi to all, I've noticed that the patch for fire red isn't recommended for hacks in progress, so i decided to repoint all data of the Fire Red patch to 0x1000000 (0x9000000), also, the issues with the drums has been fixed.

The offset of the voicegroup is the same of the Emerald patch, 0x1130C5C, is an .ups patch, apply in a Fire Red patch, use NUPS to patch this.

Attachments

• All Instrument Patch Fixed.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
Hi to all, I've noticed that the patch for fire red isn't recommended for hacks in progress, so i decided to repoint all data of the Fire Red patch to 0x1000000 (0x9000000), also, the issues with the drums has been fixed.

The offset of the voicegroup is the same of the Emerald patch, 0x1130C5C, is an .ups patch, apply in a Fire Red patch, use NUPS to patch this.

This is my favourite IPS patch ever! Thank you, now I won't need to start all over again to apply it!
If it's not too long to explain, how did you do it? I'm thinking about porting the same repoint to both the ruby and EM ips patches.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
However, I'm having a slight problem. When trying to apply the UPS patch to my clean Emerald ROM with Tsukuyomi, I'm getting an error: "Failed! Input checksum is invalid". Anyone know why this is? I'm 100% certain it's a perfectly clean ROM.

I'm having this exact issue as well. What could be causing such a compatibility issue? I will try it on different Emerald ROMs at some point and see what happens.

Okay, I've tried Emerald roms from many different sources, and I still get the same problem. What's going on?

I applied the patch but when i started the rom the screen was completely white, please help!!!

Were you able to run Emerald before applying the patch? Typically, a white screen on Emerald means the emulator must have the save type set to 128K.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Do emerald and fire red not use the same instruments? I tried to export a song from emerald and assemble it in FR but it uses different instruments and sounds bad.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023

PSA: This patch is a pile of shit do not use it

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
PSA: This patch is a pile of **** do not use it

It'd be more helpful if you explained what the problem is. I'm attempting my own repointing, so any information on why that patch does or doesn't work would be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
It'd be more helpful if you explained what the problem is. I'm attempting my own repointing, so any information on why that patch does or doesn't work would be appreciated.

Sorry for not being specific; I was just seconding LCcoolj95's assessment above, that in the version repointed to 0x1000000 every instrument is silent both in-game and sappy. The only version on this thread that truly works is the drum fix patch.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Sorry for not being specific; I was just seconding LCcoolj95's assessment above, that in the version repointed to 0x1000000 every instrument is silent both in-game and sappy. The only version on this thread that truly works is the drum fix patch.

Ah okay. That's interesting because in my own repoint attempt that uses offsets above 0x1000000, the instruments were also silent. Nothing I tried could work. Now granted I'm no expert so there may be something I'm missing, but I wonder if it could specifically be an issue with working with extended ROMs.

Anyway I gave up on repointing and just used the drum fix version instead.

Dr. Seuss

Years
PSA: This patch is a pile of shit do not use it

What a fancy way to describe someone else's job...
I edited the patch based in my hackrom and when i tested the patch it worked on a clean ROM. I am not sure why is silent. I will check it later today and re upload it if it's necessary.

Last edited:
Years
Can anyone help me? I'm using a clean version of Pokemon Emerald.

Basically, my problem is the following: I install the patch and assemble a song on sappy using the respective hex address in the post.
Then, I try playing the song I just assembled, I can hear the audio perfectly, but the volume bars are always at 0, it behaves like it's mute the whole time but I can hear the audio.
Then I go in-game and try the song, but I can't hear anything, it's completely mute.

Does anyone know how to solve? I'm a newbie but I learn pretty fast, what do I have to do?

Thank you a lot for the patience.

Last edited:

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
Years
Can anyone help me? I'm using a clean version of Pokemon Emerald.

Basically, my problem is the following: I install the patch and assemble a song on sappy using the respective hex address in the post.
Then, I try playing the song I just assembled, I can hear the audio perfectly, but the volume bars are always at 0, it behaves like it's mute the whole time but I can hear the audio.
Then I go in-game and try the song, but I can't hear anything, it's completely mute.

Does anyone know how to solve? I'm a newbie but I learn pretty fast, what do I have to do?

Thank you a lot for the patience.

Does this issue only apply to the all-instrument voicegroup? If you retry a normal voicegroup and the song sounds normal in-game, then probably it is a glitch in the patch.

Years
Hey! Thank you for the answer!

I managed to solve the issue by moving the voicegroup in a different memory address.
I got another issue tho, I've read the README file, and it says that the drum doesn't have the classic sappy value, (I also noticed because drums do not work in game if I use that voicegroup)

Do you know how to fix? I mean it explains it in the README but I didn't quite understand.

Thank you.

Last edited:

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
Years
Hey! Thank you for the answer!

I managed to solve the issue by moving the voicegroup in a different memory address.
I got another issue tho, I've read the README file, and it says that the drum doesn't have the classic sappy value, (I also noticed because drums do not work in game if I use that voicegroup)

Do you know how to fix? I mean it explains it in the README but I didn't quite understand.

Thank you.

A DirectSound sample can be heard normally in-game only if its address is ALIGNED (begins with 0, 4, 8 or C), but in this patch some of the drum samples do not satisfy this requirement so they are muted out when tested in the emulator. You must either manually move their offsets to proper addresses (export and re-import) or contact the patch creator to fix this problem.

Years
For those who used the patch and are facing the problem of the drums being mute in-game, here's how you can fix them:

- Patch your ROM if you haven't already;
- Expand your ROM if it isn't expanded;
- Open your ROM in Sappy and assemble any song with the new voicegroup that the patch provided;
- Go to Tasks > Edit voice table and see in wich offset the drums are placed;
- Close Sappy and open your ROM in a Hex Editor;
- Go to the offset were the drums are placed, select all of the 600 bytes of data (you'll see that the drums are litteraly the last data in the ROM, if you open the ROM in the hex editor without expanding the ROM first) and move all of it to an aligned offset (an offset that ends either with 0, 4, 8 or C. For example; in Emerald, the Drums were on the offset 0x11669A9, wich ends with 9. I moved the data to the offset 0x11669B0, wich ends with 0).
- Save, close the hex editor and open your ROM in Sappy again;
- Go back to the music with the new voicegroup, go to "edit voice table" and replace the drums offset with the new aligned one were you placed the data.

You can do this with any instrument in the patch. The only difference is that, for any other instrument, you'll have to find the offset were the instrument is AND the offset were the next instrument is, to know how much data you have to select and move.
I had to do this as well with some instruments such as Drawbar Organ and Bagpipe, that were also mute in-game.

A lot of people already said that you should do this (move the drum data to an aligned offset), I only provided the step-by-step. Also, sorry for the bad english, I speak portuguese.

Last edited:
Back