• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [OOC] [T]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Name: Dallas Yukira
Nickname: N/A
Sex: Male
Dorm: Suicune

Appearance: Dallas is 5'08" and still growing as he gets older. He had dark brown hair and has an average build for his age. His skin isn't too dark, but also isn't too light.
Spoiler:

Personality: He loves cooking for both people and pokemon. So much so that when meeting new pokemon, he will sometimes observe the pokemon to see what they like to eat and form recipes for his own pokemon. When he meets new people from other regions, he tends to ask a lot of questions about the food in their region.

Dallas is always striving to become the best. He is extremely confident, sometimes over confident in everything he does, but especially cooking. And even though he considers what people says, he will usually push it aside, causing him to miss important things. He tends to ignore most of what they tell him as he would prefer to find new and creative ways to do cook and combined certain things.

He enjoys making friends and talking to others. Even when people are rude or negative toward him, he still keeps smiling. He continues to try to get along with people, including those who clearly don't want to be friends, but that is how he grew up.

He enjoys a good challenge as he has always been challenge by his father. Even though he wants to be like his father and follow in his foot steps, his dream is to surpass his father.

History: Dallas was born and raised near Snowbelle City in the Kalos Region. Because of that, he has always been fond of forests and Ice Type Pokemon. He lived with his mother who owned a small bakery in the city that got a good amount of business. He grew up helping her whenever he could, especially around the holidays when baking would be at a much higher demand.

Dallas looked up to his mother, but also his father who was a world traveler who would go to different regions and cook and study different foods, as well as challenge gyms and other events. Like his father, Dallas can be very competitive. Every now and then, him and dad would have a small food war to see who's food was best. Dallas himself had never won against his father even with the judges being a close friend and his mother. Never being ever to win against his dad has made Dallas strive to become the best and surpass his father.

One night, a few nights before Christmas, he snuck out of the house in the cold snowy night to find ingredients for a cookie recipe that he have created himself to surprised his parents. Until that night, he didn't really want a pokemon. He just wanted to become a world class chef. When he was searching, he found a pokemon buried in the snow. He quickly dug the pokemon out and it surprised him that it was a Vulpix with white fur. He picked up and ran back to his house. He woke up his parents who quickly realized he found a pokemon that had been injured. His father quickly used a form of medical pokemon cuisine to tend to the pokemon. This made Dallas want to learn to become a pokemon breeder and learn how to take care of them as well as cooking for humans and pokemon.

The day after, he found out that the pokemon had been abandoned by a trained from the Alola Region who no longer wanted to take care of the pokemon. Knowing that an Alolan Vulpix couldn't survive in Kalos, due to the lack of wild Vulpix and Ninetails, Dallas was allowed to keep the Vulpix. On that same Christmas, Dallas also received a normal Vulpix from his father to aid with cooking. With the two Vulpix together, this gave birth to Dallas dream of becoming a Fire and Ice cuisine master.

When he was 12, Dallas' father was getting ready to travel once again. Before he left, he suggested that Dallas go to the Pokemon Trainer Academy to learn about new people, pokemon and places. Knowing that it would greatly help his dream of surpassing his father and becoming a Fire and Ice cuisine master, he agreed. It was the best way to learn about other regions without actually traveling which would only aid him when he finally started to travel like his father.

Pokémon:

Species: Vulpix (Male)
Nickname: Blazey
Personality: Blazey is very friendly toward pokemon and humans. It loves being petted and also loves to battle as well as aiding in cooking.
Level: Lv 10
Moves:Ember, Energy Ball, and Heat Wave

Species: Alolan Vulpix (Female)
Nickname: Freezey
Personality: Freezy likes other pokemon, but tends to ignore other humans besides Dallas and his family. It does not like to be petted other than by Dallas. Much like Blazey, it also enjoys battling and aiding in cooking when needed.
Level: Lv 10
Moves: Powder Snow, Dark Pulse, and Moonblast

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Star Arcana Nicely fleshed out profile! You are accepted! I would recommend joining the PTA Discord so you can more easily keep track of progression and more easily get updates and all that good stuff.

ShaymieTheShaymin But Shelby--just think. The food is free here! You are accepted!

Icyice Things are starting to look delicious at the trainer's academy. You're accepted!

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
Yay, pretty excited for this!

I may change Aoife's appearance a bit later, but it won't be too major.

Also, if we continue to have few guys, I'd consider reworking Aoife into a dude.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Yay, pretty excited for this!

I may change Aoife's appearance a bit later, but it won't be too major.

Also, if we continue to have few guys, I'd consider reworking Aoife into a dude.

You really don't have to! It's quite fun actually! I don't think I have seen you on the discord before. Might I suggest joining?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Pikamander7 thanks for updating your SU, we appreciate the extra work you put. Your SU is accepted now and we look forward to reading lots more!

Dawn

Years
Honestly, I'd ask that you didn't Starcana. Right now we've got perfect balance in that everyone's playing what they want and I'd hate to see that change, y'know? If you want to play a dude that's fine, but let's keep that your decision instead of putting it on others to maintain a faux balance. >.o

Speaking of which though, if you'd rather not join the Discord we'll still need to get you set up with a progression journal somewhere. Do you have any preferred place you'd like to host Aoife's? It could be a pastebin, a google docs, anything you can edit that can store text and be linked to here really. =o

Also--For those not in the know, the IC thread has been submitted for approval!

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Eric Damon

Age (10-15): 15

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Entei

Appearance:
c86b96590d5dfb5ceaa8dd1379be5f4a--anime-boy-hair-hot-anime-boy.jpg

Personality: Eric is what some would call a "noble savage", due to him being one with nature, and having a heart of gold. He absolutely despises those who use Pokémon for nefarious purposes. A devout follower of Arceus, Eric has a strong sense of justice. Just don't get him angry, he is prone to holding lifelong grudges. He also suffers from depression, triggered mostly by anything that reminds him of a tragic event that happened within the last two years. Living in the wilderness with Pokémon for most of his life has given him survival skills that can make what would normally be a worst-case scenario much easier. Eric is passionate about the causes he believes in, and is willing to die protecting his allies, if need be. He isn't a perfect battler, but the bond he shares with his Pokémon is rivalled by none. His most noteworthy skill, however, is the ability to communicate with Pokémon.

History: Eric never knew his biological parents. Instead, he was adopted and raised by a pride of Pyroar alongside their Litleo offspring from a very young age. It was not without danger, however. Even with the Swords of Justice protecting the island Eric's adoptive pride lived on, he was never 100% safe. Being an outcast really didn't help his case, either, as a misanthropic Krookodile wanted young Eric dead.

Years passed, and Eric fended this Krookodile off for good, using his human wit and an impeccably-timed Gogoat stampede, with a little help from his pride. It was shortly after when he was discovered by research team funded by the former Nacrene City Gym Leader Lenora. Eric caught the eye of her niece, Peggy Owen, a Pokémon Ranger in-training who insisted on bringing him back to the Unova region. Eric was about ten at this time.

Eric left his pride, but not without an egg that would hatch into a Litleo as soon as Eric was acclimated to civilized life. It was difficult to adapt from more open spaces into urban life. It took about a year from him to learn human speak, for example. Lenora eventually became a motherly figure for Eric. Eric and Peggy were madly in love, dating officially for several months.

However, tragedy struck when Peggy was on a recon mission to Kanto, and she was killed by a group known as Team Rocket. Peggy died in Eric's arms, and is buried in Lavender Town. Eric swore from that day on, he wanted nobody else to share a similar fate to his beloved Peggy, vowing to become a mighty Pokémon Trainer and avenge her death.

This was when he found Shuppet, his second Pokémon, which seemed to follow him due to it being attracted to thoughts of vengeful people. Eric caught the Shuppet shortly after. Eric carries a locket with the last photo taken of Peggy when she was alive.

Eric sought the help of the Academy to give him the strength he needs to bring Team Rocket to justice. He has been in the Entei House for about two months now.

Pokémon (Maximum of 2. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Litleo
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Eager to fight, very protective of his Trainer.
Lvl(Max Lvl 10): 10
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Tackle, Ember, Wild Charge, Dark Pulse, Bulldoze, Iron Tail

Species: Shuppet
Personality: Kind of a troll, not a huge fan of battling, though.
Level: 10
Moves: Knock Off, Shadow Sneak, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Gunk Shot

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
Honestly, I'd ask that you didn't Starcana. Right now we've got perfect balance in that everyone's playing what they want and I'd hate to see that change, y'know? If you want to play a dude that's fine, but let's keep that your decision instead of putting it on others to maintain a faux balance. >.o

Speaking of which though, if you'd rather not join the Discord we'll still need to get you set up with a progression journal somewhere. Do you have any preferred place you'd like to host Aoife's? It could be a pastebin, a google docs, anything you can edit that can store text and be linked to here really. =o

Also--For those not in the know, the IC thread has been submitted for approval!

Alrighty! I was just throwing it out there, I don't mind either way, but I am quite happy with Aoife's character. I didn't mean it if I made it sound like I was putting the balancing thing on others.

Where is the Discord chat? I'd quite like to join c:

Dawn

Years
Kung Fu Ferret All hail Arceus. They have commanded that you be accepted! Also, would you be up to joining our Discord Server for easier updates, progression journals and socializing?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I think we're at fourteen right now, I just forgot to include them in the Accepted spoiler as well as the Available Spots one! Will fix.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Without further ado, here is my character. Fingers crossed that I did okay. XD

Spoiler:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Spoiler:

I finished my app! Took a while, mostly due to the sample. I really wanted to showcase my approach to writing Pokemon battles. Otherwise, my posts will look relatively similar to the little box. Not the whole shbang. It's a lot, but I hope you enjoy reading!

I also combined aspects of Kylie's personality with her general background, if that's alright. Her "appearance" and the personalities of her Pokemon will pop if you scroll over the respective images.

I would also gladly join the Discord. If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to create a separate server from that of RPT's? A couple people were curious, and I'd thought I'd ask on their behalf, since they like the illusion having dedicated channels creates of all these RPs being connected.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Junier What a stunning SU! You are of course accepted!

Thank you for raising the discord issue, it was one I had no idea even existed and has now (hopefully) been addressed. So drop on by!

https://discord.gg/sEwxfV There's the invite for ANYONE who wants it.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Unfortunately,, I can't stop by the DC until tomorrow, likely, but thank you for accepting!

BraveFate

I used to be WooliestSteam on here until I lost al
Years
Hey GM's, I'm not really sure how to explain this other than I used to actualy RP fairly frequently on this site back about a year or more ago. I went by the name WooliestSteam and I was actually in the orginal Pokemon Trainer Academy.

What happened though was that I completly forgot all the information I need to get access back to that account so it's pretty much all but lost now.

So what I want to know is, would it be okay if I started writing an SU and potentially join this RP? :)

Back