• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legend of Dragons

What should the Name be???

• Pokemon Calcite

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Pokemon Legend of Dragons

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • Pokemon Dragon Adventure

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
The idea of a bank or ATM sounds good...but a question: what purpose would it serve?

The purpose of saving some money out of those days of "shopping rage", I guess. That's enough to me.

But anyway, a bank script doesn't sound that easy to implement, lasthand. The thing is adding ammount to a variable, which is something I think I've seen HackMew and Baro doing, if I'm not mistaken.

Well, it seems you are having some fun with a long script. Just be careful, the longer the script, the easier to make foolish mistakes (yeah, that's my style... :P)

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2008
Bug...?

Hey thethethethe,

I was just wondering if that pre-beta on the first post was the origional one or the new 1? cause i found a bug lol

If you faint without visiting a Pokemon Center then you wind up in cinnabar gym, next to blaine, and the door is locked so u cant get out.

Even if the pre-beta on the first post isnt the one you are working on, this bug still might be in your version.

Happy Hacking,

~Cyro

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
He already fixed that a while ago. It said earlier in the thread.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2008
sry i musn't have seen it in the previous post regarding this bug... It is a great hack btw, im really looking forward to a new release.

~Cyro

Years
Thanks for answering Cyro_349's question ~*Pikfan*~.

Sorry, for lack of posting this week, but at least I've got good news. Here's the good news
  • I've been doing the bank script, bit by bit over the week so I'm checking for mistakes as I go. The bank script is almost complete, I just have a little bit left to go.
  • I've managed to fix my problem when inserting pokemon into the empty gaps. So I might delay myself slightly to insert them and have gible as another starter.
  • I've decided to re-do the way you'll recieve your first Pokemon. I don't want to give too much info away, I'll just say that it'll be a different way that I haven't seen in another hack before.
Hmmm...is there anything else I want to say..?
Oh, yes, since in all my attempts at indexing sprites Pokemon sprites, I've had no luck and they've all come out terribly. So if anyone can help me with that, I would be very grateful.
That's all for now.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
nice updates, thethethethe. I'm too excited to see Gible! :P
Btw, I do think Esmas or Nicolas can help ya out with spriting problems. ;)

Wishing for the best of luck! ;)

Years
I forgot something. I know what I said about the screens but I thought this one might be good to see.
LegendofDragons_01-9.png

That's one of the few D/P pokemon that I've got.

Years
I forgot something. I know what I said about the screens but I thought this one might be good to see.
LegendofDragons_01-9.png

That's one of the few D/P pokemon that I've got.

Great... Can you in anyway, make the number of pokemons bigger? And what about the pokedex? Sorry if i not sound smart, I don't know much about hack, More spriting... And what about the number which will apear in the side?

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Good to hear that thethethethe
i sure do hope to see more 4th gen pokemon
and its good to see LOD working in a good progress

Good luck with the hack anyways.

Years
Weren't there more posts here? I guess they got deleted.

Great... Can you in anyway, make the number of pokemons bigger? And what about the pokedex? Sorry if i not sound smart, I don't know much about hack, More spriting... And what about the number which will apear in the side?

What do you mean by the number of the pokemon? Do you mean the name?
And that's a good question about the pokedex. Ummm, all these pokemon probably won't have Pokedex data (unless I find a way to fix that) but I guess since these Pokemon aren't supposed to be there, I could have someone there say that there is no data on these Pokemon yet.

Pokemon number (In Rom) 252 is 387, 253 is 388, 254 is 389, and so on. So in this screenshot (as well as the other one was in a copy of the rom, only for screenshot purposes, I remeber DJG's post, that screenshot is just for displaying, it won't be caught this early into the game, and won't be at level 5), you can see that Roserade is Number 387.
1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionUS_01-8.png

Wow, one day you have got to teach me how to do that. Whenever I do that, it only shows the front sprite as a wild pokemon and not the menu one, plus some other errors.

And do you also know how to change the types? Because if you replace Roserade with something and it's type isn't changed, then it just seems weird.

Anyways, hope the bank script works and hope you get everything in.
I was having problems with it aswell, for quite a while, the rom seemed to crash everytime, the image was to appear. But I eventually found the right way to do it.

Of course I can change the type. Just need to use Amplifier or a hex editor. You can see in the screen above.

After some terrible first attempts, I managed to get the hang of indexing sprites. I managed to get 13 sprites done so far (and found 6), only 33 more to go.:(
Hopefully, I can get some more done in the next couple of hours.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
ive got a question thethethethe

have you put ant thought on who the e-4 will be?

and is drake gonna be in a event?
or steven?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
After some terrible first attempts, I managed to get the hang of indexing sprites. I managed to get 13 sprites done so far (and found 6), only 33 more to go.:(
Hopefully, I can get some more done in the next couple of hours.

Take your time mate, we're all rooting for you

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
Just some friendly criticism:A level 6 Pidgeotto on the first route is far too strong for the beginning. :s

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
another thing is that are you gonna change the levels of evolution for the starters?
have like bagon evolve at 18 and again at 40?
or dratini 22 and again at 38?
its just that waiting for your starter to evolve at 30 and again at 55 and 50 seems too long

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I do think he already removed that Pidgeotto problem. and it would probably remove the fun if he'll edit the starters' evolution levels. :/
But it's just what I think.., btw.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, since you are adding DP Pokemon and the game goes around the Dragon Pokemon, I can expect Dialga, and specially Palkia around here, right? (Palkia <3)

I wonder how your bank script will look, oh well, nothing more, keep it up!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
zel's to obsessed (is the spelling correct..?) with Palkia. :D

I do hope so thethethethe will include them. :)

And I do think the bank feature will be awesome. And it'll be useful if ever the player has already 999,999 bucks in his pocket. :P

keep up the great work, thethethethe. ;)
Spoiler:

Years
Thethethethe said that there already whas enough legends, and he had to plan event for them all, saa he woul't not include dp legneds, and he woult care more about completing the *evolution famelys*.... i think he said it in this thread(-: Peraonal i don't have big felings for the dp legends, My Diamond game die, So i never got more then 2 badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back