• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Healing from recoil

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
So I was watching this match : Sam O'dell vs Mitchell Davies VGC 2018 Dallas Pokemon Regional Championships (sorry can't post links yet)
and at 12:00 the Incineroar usies Flare Blitz killing the Reuniclus but instead of taking recoil it heals itself instead. The Incineroar's item was berry which it used beforehand so the healing can't have come from an item- so how did this happen?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I take it this is the battle in question?:

Skipped to the part you mentioned, and I think I know what the deal is. The Incineroar does take damage--just one point, since the Reuniclus's HP was so low--but the text goes by pretty fast so it's easy to miss. It then gets healed by the Grassy Terrain.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Ah that must be it, thanks very much. I keep forgetting all these extra effects.

Back