• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I really like the town, but there's a square in the trees at the top left, unreachable by the player. What is it doing there?

That's left over from the old version of the town, no longer in use so I moved it where you can't get to it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Finished mapping all the gyms.
qaX57wz.png
nLJOAx7.png

Next up is Pokemon teams for gym leaders and trainers.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I spent a good while assigning towns with proper fitting music today.
A step I almost forgot about. :P

I might need to start getting beta testers within the next month or so to test play the story.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Like Pokemon Bronze 1, I'll pick people that are also working on their own rom hacks.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 10, 2020
Yo, I can't wait for this game to be released! You said the first region had been completed; what other regions are you planning to include in the after game? Sinnoh, perhaps?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
The 2nd region is not a region from an official Pokemon game, that's what I can say.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 10, 2020
Also, will you be posting documentation of all the changes you'll be making, such as new pokemon locations and changes to base stats? I just downloaded the first Pokemon Bronze, and I can't seem to find any documentation for it.
Thanks for your quick responses! Can't wait to play it!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I'm not changing any base stats and there are no new Pokemon.
I'm not going to document anything like that, I don't really see the point.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hey, Freako. Glad to hear it's progressing well. I appreciated your bug testing you did for one of my Orange alphas, so let me know if you need some testing done for Bronze 2.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Hey, Freako. Glad to hear it's progressing well. I appreciated your bug testing you did for one of my Orange alphas, so let me know if you need some testing done for Bronze 2.

Can do!

Anyway, I finished giving all the gym leaders and trainers their own Pokemon, and I'm fixing up other little bugs and oversights.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Finished all the gyms. Everything on the gameplay and text side of them is 100% done pretty much.
There are a few interior maps in the story that are missing bits that I need to fill in, but you can play the main game from start to finish in an even better state than before.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Can't wait for this! I need some Pokemon in my life to distract me from Mother 3.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Spent most of today fixing up loose ends and maps.
Giving a polish to everything I came across and adding little bits here and there.

ApuOfAs.png

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I really do hope the spec/phys split seen in gen four is added to this, as so many of the pokemon in crystal have moves they cannot use due to their stats. Sneasle can't use Feint attack and Ice Punch for example, and Aipom has far too few moves to use to warrant it being a even halfway decent baton passer (because even if it is used solely for that it should have enough moves to use against possible counters since Pursuit would be useless to consider in it's moveset if it remains a special attack) Of course its your decision in the end, but it would be nice simply for making everything potentially useful.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I have now finished all the rival battles, mart inventories and route signs.

fUnZTD4.png

I can smell the play testing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Did test playing today and got up to the final gym, I think I'm going to add some more events between towns to beef it up a bit. More gameplays!
I'll code those up before I move on to closed beta testing.

Last edited:
Back