• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Affection Causing Expel Poison on Poison Heal

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 7, 2020
I like to run poison heal on my breloom, and give it a toxic orb. However, this creates a problem when I max out his affection. He keeps expelling the poison, which wastes a turn's worth of healing, as he has to be re-poisoned when he expels it. I was told by a friend that there is a way to disable him expelling poison, but I can't find any information confirming/explaining how. Is there such a way?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Actually, the effects of affection don't translate over into PvP. So you don't really need to worry about your Breloom self-curing the poison when you're fighting others.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 7, 2020
That is good to hear. PVP is probably where it matters most, but I would still like for it to stop outside of PVP.

Back