• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

National Novel Writing Month 2015

Bay

Years
NaNoWriMo is fast approaching! Before the big event on November 1st, some things we can discuss:

• Exchange usernames! I'm bay-alexison there and I'm cool being writing buddies with the PC peeps here!
  • Any stories/ideas you have for this year? Do you usually plan your stories for Nano beforehand or just make up as you go?
  • Will you be trying for 50K? If not, have a specific wordcount goal of your own?
  • Plan to go to various writing events near your area?
  • Anything else relating to NaNo!

This year I plan to do a short story collection Bravely Default fanfic. I doubt it'll be 50K, but I think I'll be able to get the collection done before NaNo finishes! I already have a barebones outline as to which short story will be about. If I do get to finish early I might do a couple more projects (there's one Pokemon chaptered fic that has been on my head for a long while that I never got to yet) but November has always been a busy month for me haha. For now my endgoal is to complete that story collection first.

As for events, I know there have been several in the Southern California area but I've never been to those. The bigger ones are in the Los Angeles area but urghhh traffic.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm Slayr231, but I haven't filled anything out for the profile, haha.

I plan on getting as far as I can with my current novel attempt. I'm not sure how many words I can write, since I'm a pretty slow writer, but I actually have something to work on this year. Previous years I've tried I didn't even have any story ideas, so that didn't go far. I think I wrote one short story and that was it. This year should be better, but we'll see.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I won't have quite a busy November for once, and... I may actually give it a go. Only did campnanowrimo the once (10,000 words too), but I do have a messy story idea that just won't go solved. Maybe this'll help that if I just write whatever comes to mind and try and clean it up later.

Years
Well, my name there is Crackajack, and honestly I forgot I even had an account there; I made it almost three years ago :P but now that you all've reminded me, I give it my all to finish a novel on there.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'm DeliriousDelirium on there, not filled out novel info yet though. So far I'm toying with the idea of aiming for 50k on my current fanfic to try and get it finished before Christmas!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm still trying to decide if I want to be part of it this year. I might enter with something a little less difficult if I do. I really want to do it this year, so I've been thinking hard about it. The hard part for me is probably being committed to it. I always change my stories and can't focus on just one before getting bored of it. For this, I blame it a lot on ADHD. :c

Anyway, I made a fresh new account there. I don't remember my previous info because it was almost a year ago since my last attempt. XD I'm forgetful, so I don't remember any of my previous info. :c My new account is here if anyone wants to add me. ^^

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
Years
I've never done this before, but maybe I will... I'll sign up today and let you know my account name. I've had an idea in planning that I could use for it.

Alright, registered as RidleyX, back to plotting and things I suppose. Look forward to writing alongside you folks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I wish I had enough free time to enter ;-; I've tried NaNoWriMo a few times in the past and I've just gradually got worse and worse the busier real life has gotten.

Good luck to those participating! :)

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I shall be continuing and probably not finishing The Eon Chronicles, a fic I'm re-writing that's been in the works since 2007. Hope to see some of y'all on the NaNo forums! I'm txteclipse over there as well.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I'm gonna join despite being in Indonesia. It's been a while since I wrote anything fanfiction or original, so I want to brush up my skills again.

EDIT: Oh right, probably gonna enter in fanfiction 'cause it's been a long time since I've write anything and I want to get back into the groove. xD

You should find me as Illusione-Tempus.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'M JOINING IN YEAH BIT OVER AN HOUR BEFORE IT BEGINS WHO LIKES LAST MINUTE DECISIONS??

Working on an original story, which I was unsure about but managed to get some plotting done for it. Still some gaps but I'll figure it out as I go! That's what NaNo is for after all, right? I may also include any words written for drabbles or pokemon webzine articles done during the month as well. Not sure if a uni related paper should be included in that, probably not. =p I'm also bobandbill on the nanowrimo site.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
Oh wow I wish I would've known about this sooner! I've been working on a fanfic series (Harry Styles/One Direction) for nearly a year now and I'm about to start the third book probably next month or December, depending on how much free time I have (curse you Physics and Organic Chem!). I'd love to enter but eh I don't know if I could squeeze enough time into writing anything new. I've had several ideas for different fanfics in another fandom (EXO) and I'm on the "Thinking/Fleshing Out" phase but who knows when I'll be ready to write anything.

Either way I'll try to give it a shot and see what I can squeeze out. When I'm in the mood I'm a pretty fast writer so I might be able to get this done ha. I'll edit this post with my username later after I think up a good one!

Edit: I'm dearlu on the site. Feel free to add me as a buddy!

Last edited:

Bay

Years
2100 words is awesome! =D

As for me, only managed to do around 1250 words so far, though I might try to squeeze in a bit more before heading to bed tonight. Probably not as much as several others here, but I did finish two short stories for the story collection and I'm content with that.

Real quick, anyone interested in a Nano Skype chatroom? In another forum I know they do weekly writing chats, though for this one anyone participating in NaNo can join in to do some word wars, general cheerleading, writing discussions, etc. Basically a very relaxing setting.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I've almost finished my current fanfic, so when I get the final chapters out I'll be working on the background fluff. Whether or not I'll meet 50k this year remains to be seen... I also have assignments XD

I like the idea of a Nano Skype. I'd really like to chat writing with other writers. How would it work though?

Not sure if a uni related paper should be included in that, probably not. =p

I seriously considered that when I thought of my assignments! XD

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I got 1900+ words in my first day. Going to get much less today, only got home an hour ago after a long day (was home earlier... with enough time for a quick dinner). This was expected though, and as long as I get some work done each possible day that'll be fine by me.

I'd be fine with a skype group for this! As long as we still post in here as well.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Got 1,402 written today, but none yesterday as we were really busy. It's a quiet day for me. But I'm tired from a busy Sunday XD Hoping to get double that done tomorrow and catch up!

Back