• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've got no social skills.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
My social skills are very bad. I'd rather spend time alone than actively hang out with people or seek new friendships - it sounds quite rude when said like that but seeing friends on classes feels enough since too much social interaction exhausts me. I feel bad about existing in general so I've kind of distanced myself from others.

User19sq

My social skills are as alive and active as Dolores O'Riordan.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Significantly improved over the past few years. I socialize normally with anyone nowadays, the only issue I face is that there are days where I just don't want to talk to anyone. Basically my social skills are good I just don't care to socialize a good chunk of the time.

Years
I think they're okay for the most part. I just really don't feel like socializing most of the time, instead preferring to keep to myself.

It's not like I struggle though if in a social situation, which is a dramatic improvement to how I used to be years ago.

Bay

Years
I feel my socializing skills got worse after I graduated from college several years ago since I don't have opportunities to go out like before. A lot of my school friends are all over the globe and have families, something I can't relate. Similar with my workplace where I'm the youngest and my co-workers having families too. Stuff like Pokemon Go did make me go out and talk to people more, so that's something.

Years
I find it really hard to talk to people about anything other than subjects I know a lot about and talk about a lot (e.g. Pokemon, LGBT, emo music), so I only have a few very close friends. Talking to other people is absolutely terrifying. My parents and teachers keep trying to get me to talk to people more, but I just never want to, and I feel comfortable and relatively happy being quiet.

Years
Uhhh they're okay? I still tend to blush when around bigger groups of people but I still do decently at socializing. Nowhere near as bad as it used to be, often people can't even tell I'm shy at first....but once you put me in a very social situation (parties, gatherings, etc) you notice since I prefer bunching up with a select few I'm comfortable with or just hiding away in general lol.

Years
Meh. I'm a huge introvert in person so being considered antisocial doesn't bother me that much most of the time. Though I do have some close friends I greatly appreciate and also get lonely from time to time if I don't see a single soul.

I'm not shy or afraid of people but I am somewhat insecure so it can be a little difficult for me to open up to people. Plus I really enjoy that much my alone time. It's definetely easier for me to talk with people that share the same interests as me.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I actually make friends very easily and like to talk both offline and online. More-so online, but I get by with friendly conversation well enough, even if I don't actually click with someone.

But when I do not want to talk about something, I shut myself off almost entirely. I was also very anti-social and only focused on TV when I was a child. But that has changed, thankfully. I feel it was mostly because I was always around people I didn't want to talk with; as I acted the same as I do now when I was with people I liked.

I also come off quite quirky in life, fashion and anything, but hey, that's just me. :P

Last edited:
Back