• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokkén Tournament sequel?

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
Do you think whether or not there will be a Pokkén Tournament sequel? Or if not, please tell me why not?

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Hmm, my guess is that we probably won't see another new Pokkén Tournament game during the Nintendo Switch's lifetime. The DX version is still pretty recent, and if the developers wanted to release new content, they could gradually do so in the form of DLC packs. (On that note, I think we're getting another DLC pack this month! ^^)

Any console after the Nintendo Switch could still be fair game, though! I would imagine that a fighting game sounds like an appealing concept to a reasonable number of Pokémon fans, so it's possible that they might consider expanding this title further down the line.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
Wait guys, because Pokkén Tournament DX, the game for Nintendo Switch, has sold over 1 million units worldwide, making it a bestseller ever, do you think that it is commercially successful enough that it will receive its sequel?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
There better not be. I just started playing DX and I'm still trying to get better at it.

At least not anytime soon.

DLC I'm fine with.

Back