• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Beta 2 Released] Pokemon Infernal Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Great!
Poor man's still trying to get a tan :(

Yeah but in beta 2, he'll be trying to get a tan until after the 3rd gym. :3 He seriously needs a hobby. XD

Updates

So basically, I added some new events to make you waste time to make the game more interesting.:badsmile: And I remapped some more places.

The Tour Guide

Yup, Infernal Legend now had a tour guide who shows you some of the basic geographical locations in a city and gives you a useless vital item to make you a good trainer.

The Zigzagoon Event

So basically, a Zigzagoon is going crazy and is blocking the way out of the route. After battling it, speak to the woman who alerts you about this for an item.

Bayleaf Harbour

So I remapped Bayleaf Harbour, giving it minor adjustments to make it suit the style the other maps have.

Victory Straight

So, I remapped this map (and the lake which will probably not look too different). :3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
This hack is great!
I love the pizza bit :)
I could make a userbar for you if you like?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Updates are legit. That Zigzagoon event should be good placement in both our hacks. ;)

VectorEdge

Heart Gold & Soul Silver FTW!
Years
Awesome, can't wait for beta 2!!
I'll definately be following this very closely!

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
This is a really great hack... the only hack I've ever played but good first impressions and all that. Congrats.

But being a newbie I really need some help getting out of that ******* Crystal Cave and to the Glacier City. I don't really want to list what I've done so far there in fear of spoiling it for people yet to play the game, but I know I've missed something stupid so if anyone could PM me how to get out of there and into the next city I'd really appreciate it.

Also, where does the hack end? And can I still play my saved game when its updated/completed?

Again, very impressed with the hack. Bravo Sir/Madam!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This hack is great!
I love the pizza bit :)
I could make a userbar for you if you like?

I would love a userbar. Thanks :)

Updates are legit. That Zigzagoon event should be good placement in both our hacks. ;)

Yeah. :)

For some reason, I can not patch that UPS file on a rom when I click Apply to an existing file, it ends up with Failed ._.
Do you know how to fix this? I'd like to play this one again x3

Bad rom, you need a better one which is clean. :3

Awesome, can't wait for beta 2!!
I'll definately be following this very closely!

Hopefully, beta 2 will be a Christmas present. :3

This is a really great hack... the only hack I've ever played but good first impressions and all that. Congrats.

But being a newbie I really need some help getting out of that ******* Crystal Cave and to the Glacier City. I don't really want to list what I've done so far there in fear of spoiling it for people yet to play the game, but I know I've missed something stupid so if anyone could PM me how to get out of there and into the next city I'd really appreciate it.

Also, where does the hack end? And can I still play my saved game when its updated/completed?

Again, very impressed with the hack. Bravo Sir/Madam!

Thanks.

It's not that hard to get out of, so just keep trying. It's getting remapped anyway (meaning only the starter town isn't getting remapped). :3

I wouldn't recommend using the beta 1 .sav for beta 2 because of events I added and the map changing and stuff. However, it's purely your choice. :P

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I tried and it worked, thanks =]
Great hack ^^
This beta ends after the 2nd Gym right? (I've beaten Volten)

Yep, but there's a quest and a minigame. :P

However, in beta 2, Volten wll be the 4th gym leader.

the hack is not bad but i dont like it much...but is fine.

srry for my bad english im spanish.

Your english isn't that bad. Well, hopefully, you'll like it next beta.

Right now, I'm working on the new cave tileset (D/P cave tiles, but hopfeully they won't be too different from the Fire Red style. :P)

Fire Blazer

Gomu Gomu no...
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Hey, nice hack. It looks promising. I'd like to play it when it's done--great job so far.

I would like to point out one thing though. You're using tsukiyomi, an older, not-so-good UPS patcher. Well, there is something better, made by a long time friend of mine, Nintenlord. It's called NUPS. It also uses the UPS format, but it's more efficient, easier to use, less problematic, etc., and while it may not be a big deal which one you use, I definitely recommend that you update the included patcher to NUPS.

NUPS can be found on most any Fire Emblem forum but otherwise simply go to... well I don't have 15 posts to give a link, but google something like "fire emblem NUPS Nintenlord" to obtain it.

I wonder if others are also using Tsukiyomi still... hmm.

Also, it'd be great if there was a README with the download, but it's not a big deal either. I'm just being a little picky... Don't mind me too much. :\

Still, the hack looks promising. Keep it up, it'd be great to have a new 100% complete Pokemon hack to play. ^_^

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
It's a great hack.
But all maps are very simple, try do something most
complexed, with new tiles and etc.

Awesome, man~

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2011
sory to ask after i talk to prof oak he said go to the power plant...but i didn't know where it is...and one more how to give the guard the beer because he said he thirsty that's all reall my my friends i can wait for the final because it so exited for me to play..thank you

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hey, nice hack. It looks promising. I'd like to play it when it's done--great job so far.

I would like to point out one thing though. You're using tsukiyomi, an older, not-so-good UPS patcher. Well, there is something better, made by a long time friend of mine, Nintenlord. It's called NUPS. It also uses the UPS format, but it's more efficient, easier to use, less problematic, etc., and while it may not be a big deal which one you use, I definitely recommend that you update the included patcher to NUPS.

NUPS can be found on most any Fire Emblem forum but otherwise simply go to... well I don't have 15 posts to give a link, but google something like "fire emblem NUPS Nintenlord" to obtain it.

I wonder if others are also using Tsukiyomi still... hmm.

Also, it'd be great if there was a README with the download, but it's not a big deal either. I'm just being a little picky... Don't mind me too much. :\

Still, the hack looks promising. Keep it up, it'd be great to have a new 100% complete Pokemon hack to play. ^_^

Thanks, I'll do that. :3

It's a great hack.
But all maps are very simple, try do something most
complexed, with new tiles and etc.

Awesome, man~

How should I make the complex? Should I make them tighter and harder to traverse through? Should they be less square? Because that's natural mapping you want, and I don't do that so play another hack. Also, I have chnaged tiles if you cared to look, maybe no the style of tiles, but I have changed tiles.

it wont let me open the file.

That's very descriptive of your problem. But really, tell me all the info not, a general statement.

sory to ask after i talk to prof oak he said go to the power plant...but i didn't know where it is...and one more how to give the guard the beer because he said he thirsty that's all reall my my friends i can wait for the final because it so exited for me to play..thank you

The event wasn't put into beta 1, but will be in beta 2, so no worries. :3

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hmm... I like the way that you're adding more optional events,
because they're actually quite fun for me.

But there's one suggestion though.
And they're called: OWs.

You can ask a person called Nikanorou for them.
I'm sure he'll do it for you. (Seeing that this Hack is in Hacks Showcase.)

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2010
hey

I beat the gym leader in voltaic city and professer oak tells me to go to the power plant and i cant find out how to get there? plz plz help

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hmm... I like the way that you're adding more optional events,
because they're actually quite fun for me.

But there's one suggestion though.
And they're called: OWs.

You can ask a person called Nikanorou for them.
I'm sure he'll do it for you. (Seeing that this Hack is in Hacks Showcase.)

There will be more optional events when I get to Pokétron City. ;)

As for OWs, I'm not really focusing on them too much, however they're in my to-do list (as sprites). Thanks for the advice but I have a spriter doing stuff for me already and I have mmy own contacts. ;) Also, I'm capable of spriting things myself, which I will do when I have the motivation to. :3

I beat the gym leader in voltaic city and professer oak tells me to go to the power plant and i cant find out how to get there? plz plz help

What H20 Turquoise said.

So, I've remapped Crystal Cave and it seems like it has more areas now, and it has nicer tiles. I'll post the screenshots tomorrow. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back