• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
umm I think I am using pksv line insted of xse pres F1 in xse and look for the description thats like no close and put that line in :D if you cant find It I will upen xse and find it myslef
I used 0x68. Here is the code:
Code:
1 - #ORG
 > lNewOffset = 0x800000
2 - (6A) - LOCK [+1]
3 - (5A) - FACEPLAYER [+1]
4 - (2B) - CHECKFLAG [+3]
 > iWord = 0x10A
5 - (??) - IF (native) [+6]
 > bCondition = 0x1
 This is a jumping IF, 0x06.
 > pTarget = 0x8800050
6 - (25) - SPECIAL [+3]
 > iWord = 0x16F
7 - (29) - SETFLAG [+3]
 > iWord = 0x10A
8 - (31) - FANFARE [+3]
 > iWord = 0x13E
9 - (0F) - MSGBOX (native) [+8]
 > pText = 0x8080010
 > bType = 0x68
10 - (09) - CALLSTD [+2]
 > bByte = 0x6
11 - (32) - WAITFANFARE [+1]
12 - (6C) - RELEASE [+1]
13 - (02) - END [+1]
15 - #ORG
 > lNewOffset = 0x800050
16 - (0F) - MSGBOX (native) [+8]
 > pText = 0x8800070
 > bType = 0x68
17 - (09) - CALLSTD [+2]
 > bByte = 0x6
18 - (6C) - RELEASE [+1]
19 - (02) - END [+1]
21 - #ORG
 > lNewOffset = 0x800070
22 - RAW TEXT [+23]
 > sText = "Like your new POKéDEX?"
24 - #ORG
 > lNewOffset = 0x800100
25 - RAW TEXT [+27]
 > sText = "Your POKéDEX was upgraded!"
-------------------------------------
Cleaning up...
Closing output...
Finished processing input in 0.012 seconds.
But its not giving me a script offset 3:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I tried it on Whack a Hack but I couldn't get it to open up. any suggestions on that?

A good chance is you don't have all of the VB6 runtime files installed correctly, (or at all)
Let me find a link to the Runtime installer I had... it install EVERY VB6 file you'll EVER need, lol.
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe
Don't worry, it is completely virus free program that I used to fix all my runtime errors. (like when I started making custom Quests for Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, I used this to fix the runtime problems.)

Last edited:

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
Years
There's a section labeled:
Documents and tutorials.
It's pretty hard to miss ;)

I was thinking along the lines of where to start in regards to the tutorials. But thanks for being a presumptious fellow anyway;)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I have a problem with something.
Whenever I import something from a FireRed ROM to a Emerald ROM in OWEditor Rebirth Edition,something changes.To show you I know what I'm doing,play the video below.
<embed src="http://img190.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Mowreprob" width="640" height="380" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/><a href="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Pikachu555">[More videos from Pikachu555]</a>

We don't use HTML here... try using BBC (Or just click the picture of a world with a chain next to it...
I can't really help about your problem though... sorry...

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Decompile is used for when you opened a ROM in XSE, and manually type in the offset of a script you want to decompile and look at.

It is useful for viewing level scripts.
(The WHOLE level script, not the subscript)

Also, is it normal to only be able to make a Script then it becomes uneditable after it's compiled? Because when I make a Script and go to edit it later, when I click compile again, the Script doesn't change :S ?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Can't somebody help me?!?!?!?!?!?!
Well, what exactly do you mean? What are you replacing? If you are replacing the Regis, all 3 use the same OW in different pallettes, so you will have 3 of the same sprite, unless you repoint, or something.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Also, is it normal to only be able to make a Script then it becomes uneditable after it's compiled? Because when I make a Script and go to edit it later, when I click compile again, the Script doesn't change :S ?
not normal decomplie it and make sure you not overlapping offsets make sure your using free space

xadamxzzz

Pokemon Thunderstone Owner
Years
Help

1.OK so I can script but when I open my XSE make a script and then compile it once I click compile it closes anyone know howto fix this mess so I could script again

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
maby its a problem with the program or the script I use both xse and pksv when one acts up I switch to the other So I sugest downloading pksv by Score_under and fix the script then complie it :D

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
How do I edit the text after the control text at the start of Fire Red? I don't mean Oak's text, but the one before it, when there's a Pikachu in the top left corner?

School days again...
Years
How do I edit the text after the control text at the start of Fire Red? I don't mean Oak's text, but the one before it, when there's a Pikachu in the top left corner?

Here you go: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=189143
Like the title said, search BEFORE you ask a question. That can be found on the Documents and Tutorials Thread.

Is there a way to edit the background of the pokemon party and pokedex? Because I see some hacks have edited backgrounds of pokemon party and pokedex.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
yes see crincno I second persone asked this question my tutorial would of been perfect ahh

so here is my tutorial on it, it pretty quick and simple to the point

Simple Title Message Editing with Pksv
by Narutoactor

What is this tutorial for
eding the mesage with pickachu in the corner easly with PKSV
(I made this tutorial for people like me were advance text dose not work with there computor)

Things You need
1)A clean Rom To test you message first then your hack rom
2)Pksv by score_under
3)VBA(visual boy advance)

upen up PKSV then go to ROM and up your blank rom then go to tools and go to script search.

Click the buttune Text then click compile then exit out of compileation log.
and in the box to the side paist this in 0x1C5A04 then click search next then click the < button. (from the options << < > >>)
Now you will see the text that we are going to edit.
Now click on the button "add to script"
sceen1.jpg

Now the scipt will be on the main box so exit out of script seach and start editing the script
Note youse the blank rom to make sure your text dose not pass the line
also when eding the script you cant pass the amount of Bytes The script all ready has so this is my sugestion
go to the end of the scipt and backspace the whole script on character by one and count as you go the figure you get
you can not exsead that limit after you done with the new text count each character even the space and hyfences
and make sure you didnt exsead the limit you found before once your are sure everything is how you want it
copy the script and edit you hack rember always back up your hacks.

Speacel Thanks to Score_under for making this great program

Here you go: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=189143
Like the title said, search BEFORE you ask a question. That can be found on the Documents and Tutorials Thread.

Is there a way to edit the background of the pokemon party and pokedex? Because I see some hacks have edited backgrounds of pokemon party and pokedex.
also that tutorial is the long and hard way of doing things my ways a lot more easy

Last edited:

School days again...
Years
yes see crincno I second persone asked this question my tutorial would of been perfect ahh

so here is my tutorial on it, it pretty quick and simple to the point

Simple Title Message Editing with Pksv
by Narutoactor

What is this tutorial for
eding the mesage with pickachu in the corner easly with PKSV
(I made this tutorial for people like me were advance text dose not work with there computor)

Things You need
1)A clean Rom To test you message first then your hack rom
2)Pksv by score_under
3)VBA(visual boy advance)

upen up PKSV then go to ROM and up your blank rom then go to tools and go to script search.

Click the buttune Text then click compile then exit out of compileation log.
and in the box to the side paist this in 0x1C5A04 then click search next then click the < button. (from the options << < > >>)
Now you will see the text that we are going to edit.
Now click on the button "add to script"
sceen1.jpg

Now the scipt will be on the main box so exit out of script seach and start editing the script
Note youse the blank rom to make sure your text dose not pass the line
also when eding the script you cant pass the amount of Bytes The script all ready has so this is my sugestion
go to the end of the scipt and backspace the whole script on character by one and count as you go the figure you get
you can not exsead that limit after you done with the new text count each character even the space and hyfences
and make sure you didnt exsead the limit you found before once your are sure everything is how you want it
copy the script and edit you hack rember always back up your hacks.

Speacel Thanks to Score_under for making this great program

also that tutorial is the long and hard way of doing things my ways a lot more easy

Is there a way to edit the Pikachu icon on that intro and where can be edited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back