• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Card of all time?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2018
So whats everyones favourite card of all time?

Mines the base set Nidorino,its not my favourite pokemon by all means but the art is perfect,I love this card so much,Ive got a beckett 1st editon Shadowless of this card I love it that much lol

post yours guys Id like to hear others.

Cheers Tyrant.

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
HGSS2_EN_86.png

Years
123749-gardevoir-ex-96100-ex-sandstorm.jpg

In the early days of the ex cards, I built a deck around Gardevoir ex, and basically loaded up my bench with energy cards whenever possible, and just started sweeping Pokemon after Pokemon as soon as they came in. Probably the most fun I've ever had playing the TCG.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Espeon__20_75__Neo_Discovery.jpg

Many, many years ago I was redrawing Pokemon artwork on sheets of paper of cards that I have. I was sooo impressed with this Espeon that I redrew that I wanted to get more into art. Even though I'm forever going to be back and forth and focusing on art I will never forget that this card was my very first motivation to do so. I never used it in the TCG but it'll forever have a special place in my heart. ♥

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I'm torn between Eevee (Vending Series) and Mew (Southern Islands).

EeveeVendingS1.jpg

I'm not even an Eevee fanatic, but I think this art is absolutely adorable and has a particular vibe that I've never seen on any other card, but what makes the card even more special is that it was a parting gift from one of my childhood Pokémon friends before he moved. It was also my first "glossy" Pokémon card.

211930.jpg

Unlike most, I didn't get my Southern Islands Mew from the binder (I didn't even know it existed). Instead, I got mine from a blister pack that contained a booster and so many pre-opened cards hidden behind it. The only Mew card I had gotten before was the Ancient Mew promo, which I didn't really consider a "real Mew" card at the time (due to using a different template and illegible script). Mew was mysterious and rumored to be the rarest Pokémon of all, so of course finding one in this manner, especially a rev-holo one (my first rev-holo), tickled younger me to bits.

1068007.jpg

The original Here Comes Team Rocket! holo is also really high up there. I remember opening the pack in the mall and being upset that I didn't get a holo, but was looking through the cards again outside when I noticed that Here Comes Team Rocket! was holo. It was also my first holo Trainer card, making it feel all the more special. 1st Edition, too. :)

Last edited:
Years
For collection purposes, it's a tie between the English Espeon (Star) and the Meloetta EX full art in either Japanese or English:

POP_5_Card_16.png

BW11_EN_RC25.png

The above two are two of my favorite Pokemon and two of the rarest cards for each, that I just so happen to have in my collection.

For playing, it's a trio of Raichu cards: Raichu (prime) from HS Undaunted, Raichu from HGSS, and Raichu Lv. X from DP Stormfront.

HGSS3_EN_83.png

HGSS1_EN_10.png

DP7_EN_99.png

These 3 made for a nice Tier 2/Tier 3 deck that was actually fun in their day.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Oct 18, 2020
My favorite card is probably piplup and blastiose tag team Gx. Number
215 from cosmic eclipse I don't why I just its very cool!

Last edited:
Back