Advertiser Content

CiCi

Ř͕̲̼̇ͥè̙̒͂͋s ͕̘͇͛̔ͭͥ̓i̐ d̯̐̾ͯ̒͛ḛ͍̥̾ǹ ͖̥̙͓̈́͐ͦt ͌̋ͪ ͉͖̺̺̰̑ͬ̐̀p̍͆̉ ̇ɹ̠͙͂̿͊ͨŏ̑̋̏ ̘̦̫̟̜̰l̬̼̖̄̾̚ ̺ǝ͔ͪͣ̐ƃ̥̌͌̓͒p ̲͙̲͚̹̯͉Ǝ̹̫̙́

Female
Space Colony: ARK
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,058 posts
330 Days
Awww, Tucker is so cute <3 What breed is he?

And Jake was adorable, too. Poor sweet old Collie ♥
Art Thread Shadow the Edgehog is love

You're not even good enough to qe ɯ̶͇́̇ʎ̶̨͈̆͘ ̵̧̅̔f̴̺͌͑ḁ̷̼̼̩̰͉̲̜͎͓̹̦͔̙̋̓͐ͅk̸̛̛͔̹̩̠̥̼͉̭͋̋͌̈́̀́͌̐̋͂̈̿̍͠͠ẽ̸͉̣̝̠̹̤̺̻̺̩̙ͅ.

CiCi

Ř͕̲̼̇ͥè̙̒͂͋s ͕̘͇͛̔ͭͥ̓i̐ d̯̐̾ͯ̒͛ḛ͍̥̾ǹ ͖̥̙͓̈́͐ͦt ͌̋ͪ ͉͖̺̺̰̑ͬ̐̀p̍͆̉ ̇ɹ̠͙͂̿͊ͨŏ̑̋̏ ̘̦̫̟̜̰l̬̼̖̄̾̚ ̺ǝ͔ͪͣ̐ƃ̥̌͌̓͒p ̲͙̲͚̹̯͉Ǝ̹̫̙́

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,058 posts
330 Days
So anyone here into dog training? :3 Got methods you'd like to share or fun tricks?

I'm constantly watching dog trainers on YouTube. Victoria Stilwell, Stonnie Dennis, Zak George, and several others. I love dog training!

You're not even good enough to qe ɯ̶͇́̇ʎ̶̨͈̆͘ ̵̧̅̔f̴̺͌͑ḁ̷̼̼̩̰͉̲̜͎͓̹̦͔̙̋̓͐ͅk̸̛̛͔̹̩̠̥̼͉̭͋̋͌̈́̀́͌̐̋͂̈̿̍͠͠ẽ̸͉̣̝̠̹̤̺̻̺̩̙ͅ.

CiCi

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,058 posts
330 Days
Aww, she's beautiful! I've heard Malinois are like GSDs but more intelligent and trainable. My GSD mix sure does have her stubborn streak but I've always attributed that to her being part husky, lol

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin

Age 22
Female
South Carolina
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,243 posts
1.2 Years
Aww, she's beautiful! I've heard Malinois are like GSDs but more intelligent and trainable. My GSD mix sure does have her stubborn streak but I've always attributed that to her being part husky, lol
That's what I've been hearing too. She's been fairly docile since I brought her home but I think that may be because she's not used to the place yet. When I've taken her for walks a few times she's shown spurts of that high energy I keep hearing about so hopefully she won't get bored.

CiCi

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,058 posts
330 Days
That's what I've been hearing too. She's been fairly docile since I brought her home but I think that may be because she's not used to the place yet. When I've taken her for walks a few times she's shown spurts of that high energy I keep hearing about so hopefully she won't get bored.
If she does, you can always try to make her (or buy but DIY is usually pretty fun) puzzle toys to keep her occupied. I know a big issue with high-energy dogs is people wear them out physically but neglect wearing them out mentally, which causes a lot of problems. Either way, good luck with her! And send us lots of cute and funny pics! :D

VisionofMilotic

Lover of Dragons

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 3 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Minutes Ago
3,410 posts
3.9 Years
I had a German Shepherd boy. My mother is a big fan of the Malinois, so she will love to see these pictures--you have a beautiful new furry friend there.

The German Shepherd is an extremely intelligent dog as well, both the Malinois and Shepherd are bright and trainable dogs but also both are best in the hands of experienced dog owners, this is especially cautioned with malinois because they are more high energy dogs than Shepherds, they can also be the more aggressive of the two, which makes the Malinois more popular as a police dog, though German Shepherds do also serve in this capacity. The German Shepherd is more popular a service dog than a Malinois, the Shepherd is calmer and employed more often for activities like search and rescue, guiding the blind etc. My Shepherd Cinnamon was able to detect the early signs of cancer in my grandmother, and also saved my uncle's when he was going into diabetic shock, waking up the household to alert my aunt to his state, and retrieving his sugar.

Both are fascinating creatures, aren't they?

Minor note, I know for a fact that the owner of the Dog Kennel Ho-oh is no longer going to be maintaining this club, and doesn't plan on visiting the forum any time soon. She's stepped down from her staff studies, and has a super busy life right now. So if anyone comes across this club and has any interest in adopting it, then it's all yours.

Name: Narcissus
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin

Age 22
Female
South Carolina
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,243 posts
1.2 Years
Yeah I knew when adopting her she'd be high energy and extremely intelligent since all the local K-9 officers I know use Malinois. They said one other reason they're pretty popular is that their backs are straighter, whereas German Shepards have a slanted back, so it makes the latter more prone to injury. But you can definitely see the high energy and impressive running skills she has since when I took her to the dog park the other day she was running all over the place, even ducking and weaving around the benches and what not. She's extremely agile. It's very impressive.

CiCi

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,058 posts
330 Days
Minor note, I know for a fact that the owner of the Dog Kennel Ho-oh is no longer going to be maintaining this club, and doesn't plan on visiting the forum any time soon. She's stepped down from her staff studies, and has a super busy life right now. So if anyone comes across this club and has any interest in adopting it, then it's all yours.
*ridiculously excited gasp*
I would love it! :D I adore doggies :3

Also, your doggie, Cinnamon, sounded like an amazing pup <3 Dogs are awesome creatures. We truly don't deserve them.

Aww, I love agile pups, Kenzi sounds like so much fun! x3 Making little agility courses is great, too. So many people are intimidated by high-energy dogs (understandably) but I find them way more fun and interesting. Plus, a lot of them turn into total cuddly couch potatoes after you've worn them out. xD

VisionofMilotic

Lover of Dragons

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 3 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Minutes Ago
3,410 posts
3.9 Years
Yeah I knew when adopting her she'd be high energy and extremely intelligent since all the local K-9 officers I know use Malinois. They said one other reason they're pretty popular is that their backs are straighter, whereas German Shepards have a slanted back, so it makes the latter more prone to injury. But you can definitely see the high energy and impressive running skills she has since when I took her to the dog park the other day she was running all over the place, even ducking and weaving around the benches and what not. She's extremely agile. It's very impressive.
Yes, I have heard that, Malinois is definitely the more agile of the two, a lot quicker. They're built lean, our sweepers, while the Shepherd has more bulk. GSD is a strong and bigger dog, but the Malinois is lighter in its feet when it comes to jumping over stuff and running. The straight back you say? Interesting! I'll take notes!
Congratulations on your vibrant and talented new family member ^_^

*ridiculously excited gasp*
I would love it! :D I adore doggies :3

Also, your doggie, Cinnamon, sounded like an amazing pup <3 Dogs are awesome creatures. We truly don't deserve them.

Aww, I love agile pups, Kenzi sounds like so much fun! x3 Making little agility courses is great, too. So many people are intimidated by high-energy dogs (understandably) but I find them way more fun and interesting. Plus, a lot of them turn into total cuddly couch potatoes after you've worn them out. xD
You would be a great owner of this club. It's yours now my friend, whatever you wish to do with it, any idea that pops int your head. *Hands you the keys to the city*

Yes, Cinnamon was a brave, intelligent, humble, strong and good, loyal dog with a heart of gold. No wonder the Shepherd is famous like Rin Tin Tin.

Yes, it's truly touching how much our dogs love us, and we have to work more and more each day to be worthy of their devotion and do right by our dogs :)

One day If I ever come into money I will set up a charity to help animals.

I got Haxorus on "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" https://quotev.com/quiz/5077163

CiCi

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,058 posts
330 Days
Yes, it's truly touching how much our dogs love us, and we have to work more and more each day to be worthy of their devotion and do right by our dogs :)

One day If I ever come into money I will set up a charity to help animals.
That would be amazing. You'd make Cinnamon very proud! Animals, especially our beautiful dogs, deserve our help. <3

And as new supreme overlord club owner, my first order of business is to post this derpy pic of my GSD mix, Cocoa!
Screenshot_20200124-125331_Gallery.jpg

And my next order of business will be collecting usernames to make sure I know who wants to be a part of this club, and so I can send messages to members! I'll probably create a separate post for that.

CiCi

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,058 posts
330 Days
Hello, Dog Lovers! How's everyone's pups doing today? :D My GSD, Cocoa, just had a bath cuz she was smelly and my BMC, Briggs, decided it was a good time to go behind daddy's back while mommy was busy and eat the whole cake I made. Luckily, it was just pumpkin cake without the cream cheese icing, so I was able to make it again, but still, bad boi! Here's Briggs, looking all guilt-ridden.
Briggs being not guilty at all.png
You can just tell he knows he was bad and feels really guilty about it.

Post here and I'll be sure to add your name onto the member list so I can give you direct updates if need be, and to keep track of fellow Dog Lovers!

VisionofMilotic

Lover of Dragons

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 3 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Minutes Ago
3,410 posts
3.9 Years
I loving these doggy pics! Okay I'll bite,

Here's my pretty Prince

And this fateful shown below he was relaxing with the kitty, he loves to watch over smaller animals and kids. The Pyrenees is a noble breed if ever there was.

CiCi

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,058 posts
330 Days
Here's my pretty Prince

Prince is always so gorgeous! <3 You gotta love the Great Pyrenees, with their regal white fluff and their protective dispositions.

CiCi

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,058 posts
330 Days

Found this video and I thought it'd be cool to post, for all the doggo lovers out there to watch how groups of strange dogs interact, play, and discover one another. That Dalmatian was a little terror! Haha, cute dumb boi

VisionofMilotic

Lover of Dragons

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 3 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Minutes Ago
3,410 posts
3.9 Years
That was interesting. Those pet parents are more gutsy than I am letting loose all of those big dogs that didn't know eachother. Fortunately it was mostly play. I love the German Shepherd. He's like the bouncer. He's cool, quiet, chill to himself for the most part, but when trouble was afoot and even the trainers were worried he's like, 'Don't worry, I got this' fellas' and steps in-between as the strong arm to break up the dogs before it's a serious fight.

I'd love to see more dog videos and maybe I or others could post fun pet videos as we find em as an activity?

CiCi

Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,058 posts
330 Days
It's definitely no cakewalk to be in a big dog park like this (especially for little ankle-biters!). I'd let my big ol' Briggs out to romp and enjoy himself, as long as the fences are high enough that he can't jump out. He's very friendly and playful, even though he sometimes scares other dogs because he's so big. Cocoa, though? I'd be afraid of her starting a fight. She gets really defensive around particularly the large ones, or ones that bark at her. But she did well at my fiancee's job with their "puppy playtime" so maybe with him there she'd feel more confident.

Haha, yes the GSD was so perfect! He even deflected the other dog's bite when the Dalmatian went for him instead by flipping around to show him that he wasn't being a threat. He seems very intelligent and obviously knows what he's doing.

I'd love to see more dog videos and maybe I or others could post fun pet videos as we find em as an activity?
Absolutely! The more eyes out there to help us amass doggo videos, the better!

VisionofMilotic

Lover of Dragons

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 3 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Minutes Ago
3,410 posts
3.9 Years
It's definitely no cakewalk to be in a big dog park like this (especially for little ankle-biters!). I'd let my big ol' Briggs out to romp and enjoy himself, as long as the fences are high enough that he can't jump out. He's very friendly and playful, even though he sometimes scares other dogs because he's so big. Cocoa, though? I'd be afraid of her starting a fight. She gets really defensive around particularly the large ones, or ones that bark at her. But she did well at my fiancee's job with their "puppy playtime" so maybe with him there she'd feel more confident.

Haha, yes the GSD was so perfect! He even deflected the other dog's bite when the Dalmatian went for him instead by flipping around to show him that he wasn't being a threat. He seems very intelligent and obviously knows what he's doing.

Absolutely! The more eyes out there to help us amass doggo videos, the better!
I don't have to worry about my Prince jumping over a fence, he's a middle aged dog, and was never a fast breed. The sweetheart also has a little hip dysplasia, common in Pyrenees, but compensates for it well. You would never know by looking at him, and my family always thought he would be a good dog to represent children with disabilities, since he has his own hiccup.

As easygoing as my Prince is, he has his limits. He loves attention, women, children and small animals, and is patient, and truly chivalry in a dog, but like any storybook knight he doesn't like to see anyone being picked on. I see him as the Drampa of dogs. I have never seen him start a fight before, but he won't be pushed around either. If other dogs started barking, growling and lunging for him like the Dalmatian or the poodle(?) then the challenge is laid, and challenge accepted. He would puff out his chest and make a spectacle of wolfing. He's never bitten another dog, but since you never know who is in the park and how crazy their dog might be I play it safe and keep a gentle hold on the leash to avoid any unnecessary conflict. If he is pushed to it he might fight back. My dog is royalty--though the Pyrenees became a working dog they were once dogs kept by the kings of France, so honor and house are everything.

Speaking of standing up to bullies I found an adorable video about Italian sheepdogs Maremma in Australia that are used to safeguard the vulnerable penguin population. This warmed my heart, and I hope others feel the same way.

VisionofMilotic

Lover of Dragons

Female
Sootopolis City
Seen 3 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Minutes Ago
3,410 posts
3.9 Years
Jade is so gorgeous. What a lovely black coat. I'm so glad this lovely lady is there for you. Life's so much better with a dog.

Labs are not only handsome but really lively affectionate dogs in particular. I can see why they are so popular. My aunt and uncle have a friendly mixed black lab. Her name is Cocoa. And my old neighbors had a big pack of all sorts of dogs from the Irish setter to the Duschund. Three members of their large extended for family were rambunctious yellow labs, Dolly, Tucker and Gracie.

My favorite retriever though is probably still the golden retriever. I think the movie Air Bud is responsible for that. Plugging in a shamelessly cute video of this golden boy snuggling up with other precious critters.

Advertiser Content