• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
XSE sounds more 'easy' to use though, but the only 'difficult' part -for me- is to get used to it... :\

anyways, it's a nice scripting tool indeed, and thankies for making it -HackMew-. :3

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
XSE sounds more 'easy' to use though, but the only 'difficult' part -for me- is to get used to it... :\

anyways, it's a nice scripting tool indeed, and thankies for making it -HackMew-. :3

Yes, I agree with there bud...
getting used to XSE is very hard...after using pokescript after all this time XD..
Anyways, the new interface looks very good, well I have to admit but it looks better than pokescript. I love it! Nice work....

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Help!

whenever i open the script i made in advanced map, it looks like this:

'-----------------------
#org 0x3B4D84
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200

and i want te script too look like this:

#org 0x3B4D84
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
= if B_true goto $done
= message $here
boxset 6
= givepokemon 25 5 0
setflag 0x200
release end
= #org $done
= message $gave
boxset 6
release
end

= #org $here
= $here 1 = Hey! \nQuick! Take this \ppokemon!

= #org $gave
= $here $gave = Don't let the police \ncatch me!

can you help? plz and thanx.

[for xse new version]

tested and great, so far.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022

'-----------------------
#org 0x3B4D84
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200

#org 0x3B4D84
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
= if B_true goto $done
= message $here
boxset 6
= givepokemon 25 5 0
setflag 0x200
release end
= #org $done
= message $gave
boxset 6
release
end

= #org $here
= $here 1 = Hey! \nQuick! Take this \ppokemon!

= #org $gave
= $here $gave = Don't let the police \ncatch me!

can you help? plz and thanx.

[for xse new version]

tested and great, so far.

Try changing the $ with @'s, XSE doesn't seem to use $ those!

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Try changing the $ with @'s, XSE doesn't seem to use $ those!

it still didn't work, thanx anyways.
can anyone help me with this problem.
the new xse opens the script i made like this:

'-----------------------
#org 0x3B4D84
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200

but i want it to look like this:

'-----------------------
#org 0x3B4D84
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
= if B_true goto @done
= message @here
boxset 6
= givepokemon 25 5 0
setflag 0x200
release end
= #org @done
= message @gave
boxset 6
release
end
= #org @here
= @here = Hey! \nQuick! Take this \ppokemon!
= #org @gave
= @gave = Don't let the police \ncatch me!

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Hey HackMew, just wanted to let you know that your main download links are broken on your programs on the main page.

Later...

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
OMG! How do people manage to ask the noobish questions?
He clearly said everything that you will need and everything upcoming. Those who need a tutorial, loook in the "Documents and Tuotrials" section. There's a freaking tutorial called "XSE scripting tutorial, for crying out loud.

Those who need help with their scripts, refer to there too, it tells you how the new layout of XSE is. People are disgracing this program with noobish questions, making it look like something that "I can't do" (not me, but people in general).
Now, XSE is a beautiful program, - HackMew - has worked hard on it, I think about 2-3 months? Show some respect and search around a bit before asking questions.

I just felt the wrath of an angry programmer! xD
Anyways, it need to be said. Sorry for any harm done, I just couldn't hold it in much longer...

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
OMG! How do people manage to ask the noobish questions?
He clearly said everything that you will need and everything upcoming. Those who need a tutorial, loook in the "Documents and Tuotrials" section. There's a freaking tutorial called "XSE scripting tutorial, for crying out loud.

Those who need help with their scripts, refer to there too, it tells you how the new layout of XSE is. People are disgracing this program with noobish questions, making it look like something that "I can't do" (not me, but people in general).
Now, XSE is a beautiful program, - HackMew - has worked hard on it, I think about 2-3 months? Show some respect and search around a bit before asking questions.

I just felt the wrath of an angry programmer! xD
Anyways, it need to be said. Sorry for any harm done, I just couldn't hold it in much longer...

well, said *claps*, some people keep spamming this thread with questions to script problems... please don't do it here, ask somewhere else, this thread's for tool discussions.

No, I think more than that.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2010
Awsome
Dont work too hard
that would spoil it
Idea can u make a better sprite editor the overworld one is good but all my sprites no matter whati do it says not 16 bit

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
XSE v1.0.1 is here! ^_^

Thanks anyone for the comment and the feedback I got. During those days I've worked a bit on XSE to implement a couple of new features and to make it even better. To update, simply use the Live Update, available on the Help menu.

Some of the things that were added:

Offset linking
From now on, if you press your left mouse button while holding the Ctrl key, XSE will put your caret where the selected pointer points to in the script, if any.
Doing the same except pressing Ctrl + Alt will bring the caret to its previous position.
Quite useful when reading long and complex script, this feature works for both static and dynamic offsets.

Color Codes
Isn't annoying to write all those codes like \c\h01\h01 etc.? Not any more. XSE includes all the color codes needed, both for normal and trainer battle messages.

Full list:
Spoiler:

EDIT: I've almost forget... today I'm releasing my complete script dumps too:
all the scripts of all the maps, decompiled and put together. (Ruby + FireRed + Emerald).
Now XSE is 100% accurate while decompiling/recompiling the original scripts from the game.

Anyway, thanks for this HackMew. Definately worth waiting for. I have a question though, when will the comprhensive scripting guide be up and running in the help section. I really want to look at the advanced stuff!

Nice one buddy, and I'll ask cheekily, Do you have any other treats planned for the future ;)

I dunno exactly, the guide is going to be very large you know... We are talking about hundreds of commands, screenshots and such... :P
Just be patient ^^

EDIT: Whoever said "Say goodbye to pokescript and scripted", you're wrong - XSE seems to use the same command database format as ScriptEd.

Yes, it may seems so. But it's not. XSE uses a new command database format which is, compared to the rubikon.dat, shrinked and better. And that's the reason why...

Ah, so I could edit the *.dat with the command list with rubikon2Keditor? Gotta try it.

... it won't work.

getting used to XSE is very hard...after using pokescript after all this time XD..

No, it's not that hard. You just need a bit of practice.

'-----------------------
#org 0x3B4D84
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200

#org 0x3B4D84
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
= if B_true goto $done
= message $here

[...]

If you compile a script using either ScriptEd or PokeScript you can't pretend to get your script decompiled fine by XSE since those programs didn't respect the scripting standards/commands really good.

Idea can u make a better sprite editor the overworld one is good but all my sprites no matter whati do it says not 16 bit

16 colors maybe, I guess. Could you post the image you're using perhaps?

Last edited:
Years
Thanks anyone for the comment and the feedback I got. During those days I've worked a bit on XSE to implement a couple of new features and to make it even better. To update, simply use the Live Update, available on the Help menu.
Strange, for me, it just downloads a zip file, and then stops doing anything. Extracting the files inside the zip file doesn't seem to work either. And after cancelling, it refreshes the XSE window and adds a file called "DeleteOld_173821.bat". Running it causes it to loop itself infinitely.

Anyway, I know you get dozens of replies like this, but I've tried out XSE and it's great! I even learned some new things from the guide ^^

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Strange, for me, it just downloads a zip file, and then stops doing anything. Extracting the files inside the zip file doesn't seem to work either. And after cancelling, it refreshes the XSE window and adds a file called "DeleteOld_173821.bat". Running it causes it to loop itself infinitely.

Did you check the info to see if the version displayed there is 1.0.1?

Last edited:
Years
Strange, I just tried deleting the ZIP file, re-downing it with Live Update, and re-extracting it, and this time, it seemed to have worked.

Oh well. Problem solved, I guess. xD

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Strange, I just tried deleting the ZIP file, re-downing it with Live Update, and re-extracting it, and this time, it seemed to have worked.

Oh well. Problem solved, I guess. xD

Not at all, I would say. The Live Update is fully automated. You shouldn't even need to touch the zip file. Talk to you via PM.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
1. Where's the new XSE link?
2. For the color codes, how do u write them w/o writing \c\h01\h01?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
1. Where's the new XSE link?
2. For the color codes, how do u write them w/o writing \c\h01\h01?

The main link is always the same. All you need to do is to run the Live Update to get the fresh new XSE. Regarding colors, I posted the full list in the previous page.

Back