• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

水 土 火 气 • Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
So I loved ATLA and LOK since I was a kid. I loved how they used the elements to control it. The storyline is really fantastic and I just loved it overall.

Anyways, there has no news yet of the last book or anything. But I am wondering about this.

Remember the really horrible and stupidly conceived movie adaptation of Book 1 of ATLA? What were your thoughts about it when you watched it? Do you think they will make a newer and better remake of the movie, one that isnt directed by M. Night Shamallamadingdong?

Discuss!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I actually haven't seen any part of the movie (except for trailers) so I can't put much input.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
Sure, I'll sign up. I loved Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Username: AFeralFurry.

Element: Fire. I love how fire gets so many uses.

Favorite character: Sokka. I dunno, I just think he's funny.

Favorite episode: Can't remember the name, it was the one right before the
Spoiler:
I think it was called Nightmares and Daydreams, maybe?

EDIT: And I was hesitant about watching the movie simply due to its reputation. Now I definitely know to avoid it.

Last edited:

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
Username: SeekerOfDarkness
Element: Gotta have that waterbending.
Favorite character: Zuko, Amon, Bolin
Favorite episode: hmm... Tales of Ba Sing Se. Yeah, probably that one. No, I'm not crying just thinking about it.

I watch The Last Airbender movie almost every time it's on. Mostly cuz it's fun to laugh at. A good, hearty, bitter laugh. I wouldn't mind seeing Shyayahamdial do Book 2 and 3, but just for the lols. I don't want anyone else to try and redo it. Not everything thing that has a good plot and is well liked needs to have a movie made of it.

Years
Remember the really horrible and stupidly conceived movie adaptation of Book 1 of ATLA? What were your thoughts about it when you watched it? Do you think they will make a newer and better remake of the movie, one that isnt directed by M. Night Shamallamadingdong?

I only watched a few clips on youtube, and they were terrible. That and the fact that it is heavily criticized made me never watch it, and i probably never will. One of the clips i watched was Katara lifting up a bubble with her waterbending for a good 10 minutes or more, then she gets congratulated by Pakku, yes the great master of waterbending congratualted her, for lifting a bubble.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

Instead of posting an extensive analysis on why the whole project redefines the definition of 'sucking' I'll just post this instead:

b8094142d76066dbf205e92721ddd507.jpg

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
Like to to sign up.
Name:dragonnite
Element:Air or Water i cant deside because mental i represt both well
Fav Char:Ozi Because his evil was played very well good job animaters and story writes
Fav Ep:Beginings Pt2

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
Okay, I know the movie is one of the worst movies ever made, and I make fun of it all the time, but I had a thought: is there anything you feel the movie didn't butcher? Like, look past the obviously terrible screenplay, acting, character development, special effects, etc., and is there at least something you didn't hate? For me, it was Shaun Toub's performance as Iroh. Though not stellar, he was easily my favourite part of the movie, and was at least tolerable. Though I feel the casting could have been better, I feel like this was the most faithful depiction of any of the characters. And that's saying a lot, cuz movie Iroh is waaaaaaay different than animated Iroh.

Salzorrah

Years
Maybe the only thing that I actually liked is how Zhao is still this pompous know it all who likes to brag on Zuko's face. They kinda stayed true to that somehow.

But in all seriousness, it is kinda hard to see the good in the movie when it is 90% inconsistent.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Surprised ive never joined 1 club well this is my fav atm cause ive followed aang forever.
Username: Dedenne1
Element: Water between blondbending using ice making a whirlpool its one of my favs between that and fire
Favorite character: Aang hes funny powerful wise aand friendly
Favorite episode: The raid of the north

Salzorrah

Years
OMGOMGOMG

Welcome to the club guys! Be adding you all shortly.

As for the trailer, I haven't watched it yet, but for those who want to discuss about it, you can, as long as you spoiler your notions :3

What are your thoughts on the Book 4 Trailer?

Dedenne1

Years
I honestly haven't seen book 3 yet im waiting for it to be online somewhere so I have time to watch it in my spare time
Thanks For the welcome!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years

Spoiler:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018

Spoiler:

Salzorrah

Years

Spoiler:

Dedenne1

Years
Tommarrows the big day I'll be up all night watching on nick eventhough its annoying to way tcg it on there wish it came out on amazon

Dedenne1

Years
Your thoughts on the first episode of season 4?

Spoiler:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.