• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crisscrossing The Skies! - A Flying Type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Good job with it!

Name: Wicked3DS
Pick three Flying-type Partner Pokémon: Charizard, Mega Pinsir, Gliscor
Reason(s) for liking Flying-types: Flying is awesome, who wouldn't wanna soar across the sky?
Answer to current topic: I'll start one!

What is your favorite Flying-type Pokémon?

Charizard hands down. It's been my favorite Pokémon all along and I've talked about it way too much. Mostly a nostalgia thing but I really do like it a lot.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Name: Zinnia
Pick three Flying-type Partner Pokémon: Skarmory, Salamence, Noivern
Reason(s) for liking Flying-types: cause birds, flying dragons, second favourite type, cool designs, cause birds
Answer to current topic (there isn't one? But I'll follow suit): Favourite Flying type:
Definitely Skarmory. It's a metal bird who can go fast (well Pokedex), shed swords, epic design and it can tank stuff. Steel/Flying is a cool type too!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Name: Synerjee

Pick three Flying-type Partner Pokémon: Crobat, Yanmega, and Noivern

Reason(s) for liking Flying-types:
They have great designs and are very useful in teams for transport or offense/defense.

Answer to current topic: Favourite Flying-type
Crobat gets first place in my books. With its high attack and even higher speed as well as decent defenses, it's a speed-killer to be reckoned with.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Yay Archer Finally!

Name: Dedenne1
Pick three Flying-type Partner Pokémon: Emolga, Altaria, Vivillon
Reason(s) for liking Flying-types: Well they are needed in every game ;) and they get shocked by my shocks things which is always a good quality, but they dont have a ton of weaknesses rock, ice, and electric but u can get around ice and rock isnt seen a ton usually unless ur going up against a ground type who knows those type of moves. Btwz mega altaria is not a flying type although thats what id do with my altaria hehe
Answer to current topic:
Fav Flying type:
Ummmmm Enolga duh its like my all time fav almost anything i really love its design and its typing despite it being weak i love to use it in battle! ITS SO CUTE

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Name: Peitharchia.
Pick three Flying-type Partner Pokémon: Togekiss, Charizard, and Skarmory.
Reason(s) for liking Flying-types: Without them, I'm sure transportation would have been much more tough in Pokémon world, haha.

There are many, with one being Togekiss.

If we know what I mean, Togekiss is sort of a complete package. On one side, it's got an adorable look (which I believe is pretty rare in fully-evolved Pokémon like this), and on the other, it's got strong battling capabilities. In terms of latter, it has access to Serene Grace ability, which increases chances of move-effects taking place drastically, allowing it to take advantage of Air Slash, Ancient Power, Ominous Wind, and various other moves it has access to.

I've used this Pokémon on various occasion (both in-game and competitively), and it has always managed to impress me. When it comes to Togekiss, I'm sure there are others out there who feel the same. As far as anime is concerned, however, I'm not sure if I've ever seen the Pokémon make appearance, which is kind of disappointing. Then again, I don't follow their show as much as I used to, so it's partially my fault.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Hikamaru
Pick three Flying-type Partner Pokémon: Togekiss, Altaria, Vivillon
Reason(s) for liking Flying-types: They are always great to have on a team thanks to Fly purposes, but also due to having secondary types that allow them to cover even more types than usual.

My all-time fave is probably Togekiss, thanks to its power and Serene Grace ability allowing it to make a great paraflinch abuser, and it's also really adorable! Another fave lately has been Altaria, which I used one on my champion team in Alpha Sapphire and that thing's Mega is so cute but powerful on both attacking ends.

I also love Vivillon (its wing pattern gimmick is a nice feature to encourage global trading), Emolga (cutest Pikaclone ever) and most of the regional birds, particularly Talonflame and Staraptor, and even Unfezant to a lesser extent, because I love its gender differences being based on the usual differences with birds in real life. Other notable shoutouts include Drifblim, Yanmega, Jumpluff, Xatu, Masquerain, Honchkrow, Hawlucha, Sigilyph and Noivern. I like them mainly for design but some have great battling capabilities as well.

Years
I was going to make this originally, but since I never got around to even starting it guess i'll join instead.

Name: Pendraflare
Pick three Flying-type Partner Pokémon: Altaria, Croat, Unfezant
Reason(s) for liking Flying-types: With so many types they are paired with, they have a lot of variety and several have different uses than others.
Answer to current topic: I think my favorite Flying-type Pokémon would be Altaria. It's one i've come to like a lot, since it has good stats all-around and ORAS gave it perhaps my favorite Mega Evolution yet. I remember using Altaria the very first time I played through White 2, and it wasn't exceptional, but it was original at least.

And I took on Winona's yesterday in Alpha Sapphire and very nearly had nothing to take it because it was at +6 Defense and my Azumarill had died to her, but my Tentacruel was able to beat her thanks to Acid Spray and a critical hit. Good stuff.

I think Crobat would be a close second, though, maybe because of how the Zubat line gets flacked but i've still used Crobat quite a few times and every one of them it has worked for me.

Wicked3DS

Years
Double post was noted, I left it for aesthetic reasons.

Togekiss is one I've never used before, but I know it has some good attacks and is a pretty good wall on both sides of the spectrum. Since Togepi is in most of the games I own, I should be able to get a Togekiss pretty easily. Maybe I'll use it in my HeartGold playthrough soon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm glad they have decided to make this Pokémon partially fairy. If you ask me, this typing seems to suit Togekiss without any trouble at all, as it (and its pre-evolution) does have some fairy-like aura surrounded. Every time I see, they always tend to remind me of fairies, and I'm sure many of us are able to agree.

As I've stated in my previous post on here, Togekiss is one of my most favorite Pokémon out there, generally speaking. Its design is wonderful, and the Pokémon could be quite a bit of help when it comes to battling. I've used it many times before, and Togekiss has always seemed to have been impressing.

I wonder how it would be if this Pokémon were to gain some mega-evolution form in future? One thing I'm hoping for them not to do is making it… too powerful, if that makes sense. If Togekiss does wind up like this, it would likely be banned to Ubers tier competitively, which I wouldn't enjoy seeing.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Name: H.A.N.
Pick three Flying-type Partner Pokémon:
Aerodactyl
crobat
dodrio

Reason(s) for liking Flying-types: Flying is my second favorite type. Bird Pokémon are awesome, but most other flying types are cool as well. I find birds in real life interesting too, they're (excluding some bugs) the only group of organisms able to fly. I cannot watch those animated Pokémon sprites of flying Pokémon without being intrigued by them.
Answer to current topic: see below

I like so many of them, especially the bird ones. Aerodactyl is my favorite, although it technically isn't a bird Pokémon. It does have the same structure. It looks really awesome, a prehistoric birdlike Pokémon.

Years
I love Togekiss, one of my fave new evolutions from the 4th Generation and it's always a great Serene Grace abuser, making it a popular choice in both competitive and casual play alike.

6th Generation's addition of Fairy-type really helped the Togepi line in the long run, since Togekiss is mainly special-oriented and didn't have many good special Normal moves back in the day, but with Dazzling Gleam in its arsenal it has a decent STAB that hits hard enough and also is a spread move capable of hitting multiple targets in double and triple battles.

Also, I do sorta agree with Peitharchia on the whole "don't give it a Mega" thing. It's already powerful with Serene Grace on its own, basically meaning it's all about flinching its way to victory and changing its ability would take away from that.

Years
Togekiss is definitely a formidable Pokémon. I even remember when Marriland used his in those online tournaments in 2013 to Trick a Master Ball onto his opponents. xP And i've had them in-game myself a handful of times, Serene Grace is sinister.

Too bad it doesn't get Moonblast this generation, otherwise it'd be even better despite the extra weaknesses the Fairy-type gives it.

Wicked3DS

Years
Which is your favorite Flying Type legendary?

Moltres hands down. It's actually my favorite legendary of all. I love it's design and Fire is my favorite type after all. Next best would be Lugia for me. Why it's Psychic instead of Water I'll never understand, but it is pretty powerful and it has a nice design as well.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
why u make me do this archer why! Hard pick!
Anyways its more down to the legendary birds and Rayquaza for me but in the end i would choose:
Articuno
I mean comeon i love that typing pretty powerful, beautiful, elegant, and it was the first legendary i ever bothered to catch so yah. Number 2 would prob be Zapdos though for its toughness and typing ;)

Years
What is your favorite Flying-type legendary?

I think I have to go with Thundurus. It has my personal favorite design of the Kami trio, and it has a lot to utilize such as Prankster and Nasty Plot, along with its dangerous Therian forme which hits super hard. So i'd go with that.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
That moment when both of my two favourite legendaries that are tied are both Flying type. So, Rayquaza and Yveltal are both my favourites because I like dragons and birds. Also, Rayray is green (favourite colour) whereas Yveltal is a Dark-type (favourite type).

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
Years
Ohh! A flying-type club!! I want to join! (since i do love flying types)

Name: Dots
Pick three Flying-type Partner Pokémon:
mini-graphics-pokemon-312555.gif
mini-graphics-pokemon-242832.gif
mini-graphics-pokemon-043121.gif

Reason(s) for liking Flying-types: I love Flying-types not likes! because the first time I encountered Pidgey, I started getting interested in flying-types. But I do know that Bird-types(glitch type) is different from Flying-types. Flying-types are special because if I of your Pokemon knows Fly and you have the badge for it, you don't have to struggle going ALL THE WAY BACK where you want to instead you should Fly! (even if you are heavier that ur Pokemon u can still fly)
Answer to current topic: It happens to be Skarmory. Skarmory happens to have almost high defense since he/she is a steel-type. Steel-types have high defense!

Wicked3DS

Years
Which Flying Type Pokemon Needs a Mega Evolution?

I'd like to see the legendary birds get Megas, mostly for Moltres. I think Swellow would benefit from a Mega as well to get a slight boost in Attack and its defenses.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which Flying Type Pokemon Needs a Mega Evolution?
Togekiss, without a doubt. Although the Pokémon is already quite powerful in its own right, I would still have to lean on it.

Togekiss has Serene Grace ability, as we already might know, which allows it to take better advantage of some of the moves it has access to, such as Air Slash (Air Slash a bit of chance of flinching opponent when striking, but that rate increases severely thanks to this particular ability).

If this Pokémon were to gain a mega-evolution form, I'm positive it'll be becoming much, much better, due to all its stat boosts and whatnot. Though, with all of that said, one thing I am hoping when Togekiss gets a hold of it is that its ability does not wind up changing, because I know a lot of us would agree its current one is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back