• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA No, I am not named after the Pokemon character

pkmin3033

Now that we're clear on that...ask me stuff if you want, I guess.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Do you like the sunrise?

Hahah, I'll stop with the dusk / dawn thing. But wow, not many people use their real names as their users. That's why I asked!

Years
What are your favorite food?
What kind of people you dislike?
Do you have a real name?
What is your race? (i mean, color)
What is your most disliked game?
Why is your name dawn?

pkmin3033

Hahah, I'll stop with the dusk / dawn thing. But wow, not many people use their real names as their users. That's why I asked!
Actually, yes! I am very much a morning person, and I find being out and about when the sun has just risen to be very calm and peaceful...almost eerily so.

I think most people assume I picked the name for the Pokemon character because I have returned to my current avatar more than once. xD

What games are you looking forward on getting?
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.
*coughs*

Beyond that, not a whole lot right now. I'll grab Disgaea 1 when it gets released, I have passing interest in Octopath Traveler and Shining Resonance, and I'm actually quite interested in LEGO DC Super Villains for some reason. But apart from MHGU nothing has me really excited persay.

What are your favorite food?
What kind of people you dislike?
Do you have a real name?
What is your race? (i mean, color)
What is your most disliked game?
Why is your name dawn?
- I like shortbread biscuits :3
- I dunno...I don't really have a kind of person I dislike. There are just aspects of people that I don't like. People are more complicated than being just a "kind" of person, so it's an individual thing.
- I do have a real name!
- I'm white and nerdy English~
- Persona 4 Golden. It's the only game I find offensively bad. Like, really offensive.
- My name is Dawn because my name is Dawn. xD

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Don't you find shortbread biscuits get really stuck in your teeth? :p

I'm curious, what makes Persona 4 Golden so offensive?

Top five favourite Final Fantasy characters?

pkmin3033

Don't you find shortbread biscuits get really stuck in your teeth? :p
No, not especially. xD

I'm curious, what makes Persona 4 Golden so offensive?
Ohohoho. Where do I start...

I'll start with the obvious: Yosuke Hanamura. Voiced by Yuri Lowenthal - who I cannot stand - he is one of the few video game characters (another is Luke Fon Fabre, also voiced by Lowenthal) that I am disgusted by. His blatantly homophobic attitude and treatment of Kanji is something I cannot tolerate...and that the rest of the cast never call him out for it is only more disgraceful. I don't care if it was "the norm" back then, and I don't care what Kanji's shadow was like. NOTHING justifies it, it is NOT acceptable, and it is disgusting that he is considered anything other than trash for it.

Chie's very existence is bothersome, and Teddie attempting to "score" with the entire cast was irritating as well. The rest of the cast I am indifferent to.

There's also the colour scheme, which looks like a clown vomited glitter. Seriously, it actually makes me feel ill looking at it.

It's also unncessarily padded and plodding. The argument that all Persona games are like this holds no water with me - I played Persona 5 and it was *mostly* reasonably paced. I watched the Persona 4 anime and it was so, SO much better than the game. The game is badly designed. The slice-of-life stuff is garbage, the dungeons are TERRIBLY designed (this is definitely a Persona thing) and the combat is outdated and mediocre even by the standards of the times.

There's the "music" as well...I have never heard a worse soundtrack. Ever. In anything.

And Atlus just WILL NOT LET IT DIE! It had TWO anime series, a rhythm game - with crappy remixes of already crappy songs! - and a bloody fighting game as well! Give it a rest! That people sing this game's praises irritates me to no end as well. It's one of those stupidly popular titles that in no way, shape, or form deserves that popularity.

Top five favourite Final Fantasy characters?
Hmmm...Vayne Solidor, Caius Ballad, FFXIII-2's Serah Farron, Balthier Bunansa, and...Ritz Malheur.

Years
Have you always been a morning person or did you change for some reason? Do you drink coffee or something caffeinated or sugary to give you a boost through the day?

pkmin3033

Dawn. I actually don't like May all that much...her character development was horribly inconsistent right from the get-go...and with May inevitably comes Max. Dawn was my favourite thing about the DPPt anime~

Have you always been a morning person or did you change for some reason? Do you drink coffee or something caffeinated or sugary to give you a boost through the day?
Nope, I've always been a morning person. The only thing that has really changed is how long I sleep for and what time I get up/go to bed, as I've needed less sleep as I've gotten older. These days I swear I wake up after exactly five hours sleep. It certainly feels that way.

I don't drink coffee - can't stand it, in fact! - and don't need anything to stay awake through the day.

Back