• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Kura will answer later when she is at work, but it isn't rough on you, it is just a difficult industry to break into, in my opinion, due to so many people wanting to do it.​

!! How did you know that I'd answer at work like this?!

No but it's true.. the games industry is insanely competitive. You have to keep up your skills CONSTANTLY, and just keep applying to places. Don't ever rule out the smaller studios because they can do amazing stuff- and sometimes they can be a better environment than the bigger studios- or you also can learn much more with a smaller team. Studios are usually looking for people with experience, so good credentials and doing an internship would help.

You just gotta keep working at the goal. So many people can't find a job like the first year and just stop looking. You also should be willing to move away from home.

As for designers.. yeah. They're like concept artists.. probably one of the most competitive roles to get a job for. I'd recommend honing both design skills and another set of skills so that, at least once you're in a studio (esp a smaller one) you can sort of ask for some more design roles and switch jobs within that company- then get experience and use that experience if you want to move somewhere else.

And.. no other pics with me right now. I have a busy night tonight so I will probably not be uploading them until Monday.

The industry can be hard on you if you let them walk all over you, or if you dont read the contract properly.
I know one guy who once got a $50 two-week paycheque because he was being paid for animation by the foot, not hourly.. and he was doing unpaid revisions. The again I know someone else in that same role who takes home loads.

Years
Did I already miss the Doctor Who topic? I really need to get back to classic so I can finish it before the next new season. Luckily I am surrounded by nerds who won't mind that at all.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Every time anyone in my family has any tech problems they call me.... It'll be "Wes, I need the internet fixed!" or "Why isn't Flash working? Wes, I need help!" . And then when I can't fix it they say, "Well, your the family geek, your supposed to know these things." So yeah, I'm pretty much the geeky/nerdy one in the family.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
The only person that needs tech help in my family is my mother. She doesn't get it at all.

Speaking of technology, I found an iPod Touch today. :D

Found an iPod...found it?
What, lying somewhere? Do you plan on keeping it?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Once I found 50 bucks in cash on the sidewalk hahaha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Mine's cracked but it still works haha. I mean people often save contacts on there, have auto-logins on things like Skype and such that would help you find it. I mean, you wanted it with the screen that way, so why wouldn't the owner? :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You should try to find its owner then. :( I would be devastated if I lost my ipod!

droomph

weeb
Years
Yeah. In the smack middle of a parking lot.

Look up. And here is that said photo he saw. Still works though! Has some Motley Crue on it. Obviously, this person had good taste.

I once found $20. That's my best.

If it's the winter, bills stick out of the snow like a sore thumb. Especially after a fresh snowfall.
Too bad I live in goddamn California :( no snow here. There was snow once about five years ago, and they still won't stop talking about it.

Also, I believe Apple is capable of tracking down the owner through the internal serial code of the iPod or whatnot. If you want, I think you could do that. Though if Eugene Mirman says it works, I really doubt it :P

And besides, more music lol

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Imagine if it belongs to someone as good looking as their eclectic music taste; date for a good deed? Even an acquaintance would do.

Could be one of those, "faith in humanity: restored" deals you find on Reddit, & tbh, they actually do make me feel good, proud and morally sane when I read about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back