Advertiser Content

FireRed Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate Page 18

Started by Sakakii June 21st, 2018 1:26 PM
  • 430 replies
  • Poll

Should D. Yanma and D. Porygon be removed in favor of new Pokemon in the next update? (Demon or not)

• 80.00%
  • 0%
  • 20.00%
  • 0%
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
205 posts
2 Years
Will the saves of the current version of the game work with this upcoming update?
I would advice starting a new save file, since so many things are being changed. This is especially important if you're mid-game, since the badge order is getting changed, with Florina Town being added and there being
a Gym there.
Will Primarina be drafted into this hack since you are merging some stuffs of remastered with ultimate? If yes, then will you fix its typing this time? Just curious you know! 😀
I thought for sure I added her... looks like I only added the Rowlet line out of Alola starters, lol. ... You like Rowlet, don't you?

On a more serious note I could add Primarina but I have an issue to work out first. For some reason PGE is only reading even-numbered expanded Pokemon that I added. .. Which means instead of 100 new Pokemon, I've only
been able to add and edit 50 so far. Not sure if it's just PGE being weird or I messed up somewhere when expanding, lol. Either way I'll look into this more... I want to add even more Pokemon, haha.
Male
India
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
41 posts
2.1 Years
I would advice starting a new save file, since so many things are being changed. This is especially important if you're mid-game, since the badge order is getting changed, with Florina Town being added and there being
a Gym there.

I thought for sure I added her... looks like I only added the Rowlet line out of Alola starters, lol. ... You like Rowlet, don't you?

On a more serious note I could add Primarina but I have an issue to work out first. For some reason PGE is only reading even-numbered expanded Pokemon that I added. .. Which means instead of 100 new Pokemon, I've only
been able to add and edit 50 so far. Not sure if it's just PGE being weird or I messed up somewhere when expanding, lol. Either way I'll look into this more... I want to add even more Pokemon, haha.
I like Rowlet line alright but I love Primarina bro! Please do justice with her 🙏🏼 Also, why not adding Litten line too. These starters are awesome, aren't they?
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
205 posts
2 Years
Okay so, would anyone be sad if Demon Yanma was removed from the game? I'm going over the list of Demon Pokemon right now and Demon Yanma and also Demon Porygon stand out as weird choices - they're both
NFE and, unlike say Porygon2, there's no downside to evolving them. So people will just evolve them and not be able to see their Demon form. I'm looking to replace them with Demon Pokemon from Remastered. I'm also curious; did anyone ever use those in a playthrough?

I like Rowlet line alright but I love Primarina bro! Please do justice with her 🙏🏼 Also, why not adding Litten line too. These starters are awesome, aren't they?
Yes, they are awesome. I will see if Primarina can make it but it seems unlikely right now. The main issue besides limited slots is that I don't want too many starters in the game.
is there a way to evolve kirlia in gallade? or am i going to have to stick with gardevoir?
So as someone already mentioned, Gallade doesn't exist (In Ultimate). I will put Gallade in the game in the next update.. but for now yes you are stuck with Gardevoir.

Desmodus

ayy

Age 16
Male
Perak, Malaysia
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
1,532 posts
3.1 Years
Okay so, would anyone be sad if Demon Yanma was removed from the game? I'm going over the list of Demon Pokemon right now and Demon Yanma and also Demon Porygon stand out as weird choices - they're both
NFE and, unlike say Porygon2, there's no downside to evolving them. So people will just evolve them and not be able to see their Demon form. I'm looking to replace them with Demon Pokemon from Remastered. I'm also curious; did anyone ever use those in a playthrough?
Look, Demon Pokémon are badass concepts, we know that. And unfortunately, all the quality Pokémon you have such in this game such as Volcarona or Toucannon outshine them in terms of uses. You've got cries, movesets, beautiful sprites, and just everything about them that makes them lovable by a typical fan. How does this make your Demon Pokémon look obsolete, in my eyes? Well, let's not blame the canon Pokémon because you really did a good job with them. What you really messed up was your own original concept in several questionable ways.

1) Making a ton of Demon Pokèmon but only limiting the player to a single one each playthrough. The problem here is: you have many Demon Pokémon, and when that happens, there are bound to be tiers as to which are useful and which are best abandoned, and when that happens, don't even bring the usefulness of D. Pory or D. Yanma into question when you already have D. Lapras or D. Zapdos.

2) Broken for all the wrong reasons. No, please, get this; there is no point in making a move with over a hundred BP if you're gonna make the accuracy as low as 60%. There is no point of making "King's Dance" when it boosts both of your offenses (D. Kingdra doesn't do well as a mixed attacker) but lowers the accuracy. There is no point of making an attack that raises my already high speed but only deals 75 BP, which is equivalent to nothing as a Demon type move.

3) Perhaps the most unpleasant one; the sprites. I have had suggested before, just take a sprite pass Gen 3 and recolour them. Majority would agree that the sprites you use here for horror purposes are misconducted and misplaced. We don't feel intimidated, we feel weirded out by seeing a badly shaded outdated sprite in what is supposedly a QoL game. So, no. Big no to the sprites.

You have their designs as the problem, you have their usability as the problem, you have metagame as the problem. At this point, I'd rather collect Gen 4+ mons, because that's where you really nailed it.

I'm not saying you should remove Demon Pokémon and solely make the gameplay based around canon Pokémon. Demon Pokémon is awesome and revolutionary, I admit. However, you executed it in all the wrong ways. Give us a pleasure in using Demon Pokémon so it isn't just something we laugh at for its sprite and signature move. The current conceptualisation of Demon Pokémon you have is Quantity>Quality content; there are so many of them but the only practical reason as to why anyone would use it is "oh because it's cool" and even that is pragmatic. Make them loveable, not just some forgettable faces that have no actual benefits aside from looking strong, when in practicality they are broken to no avail.
Advertiser Content