• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The one where you play as Ash Ketchum's Son/Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hm, did you mean scripting the World Map or making a new picture for it? ;P And do you just wanna talk here or do a messenger talk?

So~ Are you making a new thread soon or keeping this one till you have the title you want?

hackritus

Challenger
Years
Well, either one. Do you know how to edit the picture? 'Cause we sure don't. I'm gonna talk to my cousin about making a new thread, or he could just read it from here, i guess...

Years
Well I know how to edit its picture, you just edit it like sprite. But putting it into the game is a different story.

Seeing as it is Kanto you'll probably dont' need to change anything, unless your adding some things too.

Yay, creative buffer time!
Here's how my creative buffer works. Ima ask alot of questions. I've already got ideas that go to each of these questions, but I need to know the right info first. Plus it'll get your brain rolling.

20 years in the future I see...
So what is the status of each town?
Did they all get bigger? Did some fail to thrive?
Anything special happen in those 20 years? New technology?

So, do is there going to be a rival, and if so who is it?
Is this based from the Anime? As in Misty has sisters, and is she still the Cerulean Gym Leader?
Any specific changes in Leaders and the Elite 4?

(And if you don't want to spoil something you have an idea for thats fine.)

hackritus

Challenger
Years
So far,(we haven't thought it all through yet) all of the cities we've made are bigger and better than ever. And we did add a couple of things: new routes for example(don't want to give away too much.)

The new rival is either person you don't choose to be in the beginning(boy or girl) names still in decision. But we've kinda decided that the girl's name would be Maddie for no real particular reason.

Misty'll be @ home like all of the other mom's in the game so far as we know(But good idea. It would be interesting to have your mom as a gym leader instead of your dad[reference to third generation games.])

Most likely we will have new gym leaders(no one lives forever, right?)

If you need more info on the games, just look at the first two posts.

Last edited:
Years
Oh I've got lot more questions that arn't in the first two posts.

Hmm, so you know how to rewrite the code like Ruby and Sapphire to change rivals depending on gender?

Actually I was asking about Misty because I didn't think that she would be a gym leader. If she's the anime one she has sisters. They would be too old, but they would have children! Look, you have cousins! Haha, just a little idea for that.

I do find it strange that a Hero would be Ash and Misty's child, but the unchosen one would be someone else's. I mean you are editing the trainer's looks right? Wouldn't they both have character traits of their parents? Unless they were like twins or something.

So your Pikachu is bred from Ash's. If it's bred I would think it be a Pichu...

Last edited:

hackritus

Challenger
Years
You're right about the whole Pichu thing, but if we were to make it a Pichu than it would take a ton of time to evolve it. If that were the case, then you might be too weak in the beginning and not stand a chance. Unless we changed all of the trainers, but that would take a long time to accomplish. Plus, we have no clue how to edit the trainer's pokemon, make new pokemon trainers, and so on...

Years
Hmmm...Give it a sooth bell with it? I don't know how long that would take...I could actually test it out. You have A-Starter don't you? ADD: Lol. Even with a Pikachu your gonna suck against the first gym. I think that was the problem with Yellow too. Maybe you should stick wild oddish somewhere to catch before the gym? Then again they didn't do that in Yellow too...

You've got a problem if you don't know how to change trainers....The SAME trainers are there after 20 years?

And what about the children? :o

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
Years
ADD: Lol. Even with a Pikachu your gonna suck against the first gym. I think that was the problem with Yellow too. Maybe you should stick wild oddish somewhere to catch before the gym? Then again they didn't do that in Yellow too...

You've got a problem if you don't know how to change trainers....The SAME trainers are there after 20 years?

And what about the children? :o
Yellow did have that error.
THEY USED THE POTION OF NOT AGING!

Spriter of the Century !!!
Years
HEY I MADE A ASH'S SON HERO SPRITE
picture.php

Check my album for experience

Years
Yellow did have that error.
THEY USED THE POTION OF NOT AGING!

;___; Then why is Prof.Oak dead?~~~

Lol, I don't know if that was an error or not. I mean it gives you other advantages, and forces you to train other pokemon besides your starters.

Years
A two post comidical exchange that was made from a point brought about from the hack and then reference to a game that shares the same points (starting with Pikachu) as this hack is hardly SPAM. I feel offended.

Brushing that off... I don't know if you guys already had an idea for Maddie's looks (seeing as you already have her name) but I sketched something then sprited if from Leaf.

maddie.png

The sketch looks better, swear. (You can see Misty in her, and her hair isn't THAT wild.) But my scanner isn't working.

ADD: Does her skin look too light to you?...It's bugging me but I've already finished it. xD

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
Lornami, i'm not sure if matt knows this, because I just thought of it, we would have two different male characters, and two female characters. one boy and girl from Ash and Misty, and one boy and girl as your rivals. Maddie, (The Rival Maddie) is based on leaf, but she has blonde hair, and her hat is all white. her clothes might be a bit different. the male hero, (Name still undecided, because Ash jr. sounds too cheesy) looks like ash, but he has misty's hair, no hat, and a black t-shirt with Ash's hat logo on it (from the first season)

Lornami, I like your sprite for the female Hero, and i might use it. :)

also, on a side note, your rival is gonna play a larger part in the story than it did in firered and leafgreen. instead of you and your rival hating each other more and more as the game progresses, but you will become closer...

EDIT: I will put up some pics as soon as I make 15 posts.
EDIT 2.0: people have been asking a about the gym leaders and pichu, we are making all new gym leaders, some of them may be in some way related to the original.

as for pichu, it evolves from a happiness evolution, so, let's just say it was around for a while before the game starts, making it happy around you, but not necessarily leveling up, so it evolves into pikachu

Last edited:
Years
So...You have the female rival and the male hero? Lol, so Maddie isn't the daughter right?
maddiedetail.png
I had made another one when I was bored.

So your will your rival be your neighbor like before? Because if you live in the same house your neighbors house was Gary's...What happened to him?

Heh, I guess the Pichu thing makes sense if you knew it before.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
wow

This sounds really kool. I would like to help but im not sure if I could. But I am good at coming up with ideas >_>

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
So...You have the female rival and the male hero? Lol, so Maddie isn't the daughter right?
I had made another one when I was bored.

So your will your rival be your neighbor like before? Because if you live in the same house your neighbors house was Gary's...What happened to him?

Heh, I guess the Pichu thing makes sense if you knew it before.

i'm not sure where your rival will live, but I was thinking that you meet her/him on route. although, at this point Gary has moved away from pallet to focus on enslaving.... I mean training more pokémon. lol.

I like this new sprite that you just made better than the old one, but I must ask, What the heck are those squiggly blue things between her feet?

Years
i'm not sure where your rival will live, but I was thinking that you meet her/him on route. although, at this point Gary has moved away from pallet to focus on enslaving.... I mean training more pokémon. lol.

I like this new sprite that you just made better than the old one, but I must ask, What the heck are those squiggly blue things between her feet?

Well thats the bigger sprite for the intro. xD I have more room to work, 'course it looks better!

The squiggly would be my signature. I'll take it off and send you a clean one if you like.

>_>; Well if we're talking anime-wise Gary should be a researcher...But I get the feeling you really don't like him, so I guess I won't poke at that anymore.

lriley777

Pokemon hacker lv.100
Years
ummmm. I can sprite but, you really cant call me the best, I beileve you should ask that one person to sprite. those older version sprites were sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back