• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Thief Red

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Hey great game, but I found out you can trade your stolen pokemon to a regular Pokémon Red game great way to complete the Pokedex

Fotomac

Genwunner and proud of it
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
Interesting concept. I'm thinking of incorporating a variation into my hack, where you can steal Pokémon from Team Rocket if the grunt proves to be horrible enough. Karma at its best, if I dare say so myself. In fact, I might include a couple of Rocket battles where the objective is not to make the Pokémon faint, but to take the Pokémon back from the grunt being battled. Question is, what code should I inject?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Hey great game, but I found out you can trade your stolen pokemon to a regular Pokémon Red game great way to complete the Pokedex
Glad you enjoyed it! Did you complete it? I never did.

Interesting concept. I'm thinking of incorporating a variation into my hack, where you can steal Pokémon from Team Rocket if the grunt proves to be horrible enough. Karma at its best, if I dare say so myself. In fact, I might include a couple of Rocket battles where the objective is not to make the Pokémon faint, but to take the Pokémon back from the grunt being battled. Question is, what code should I inject?
You can see all of the changes I made on GitHub: https://github.com/huderlem/pokered-thief/commits/master

Fotomac

Genwunner and proud of it
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Yes, well... can you show me how to activate the "thief" function for specific battles, instead of, you know, all battles? Because in keeping with the game not allowing you to join Team Rocket, I don't want the player character in my hack to come across as too ruthless (for want of a better word).

You could set a flag before the special battles. Then, at the start of the "Use Pokeball" function, just check that flag, and do the usual "you can't catch trainers' pokemon!" message if the flag isn't set. (Sorry, i'm not going to write the actual code for you.)

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Is there any way to re-enable experience gain using pokered dissasembly i want to use your hack with one that i am creating.

Back