• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trade (offline) v1.2

Black Eternity

Lord of Eternity
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
Thank you mej71 for your contributions, the main post has been updated with your features. :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
The script looks great and works nicely.

A while back I had a similar idea and wrote the idea behind an algorithm of how to pick the received Pokémon (based on what you would likely receive if it worked just like the actual wonder trade). I never got to coding it though. If you're interested I could post it here or pm it to you.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 4, 2016
sYvDj.jpg
yust so you know thats another script totally different so i dont know why is it affecting in that moment is an error with PokemonBattle_Pokemon you can check it reading the 2nd line sorry for responding until now

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
yust so you know thats another script totally different so i dont know why is it affecting in that moment is an error with PokemonBattle_Pokemon you can check it reading the 2nd line sorry for responding until now

i fixed this a while ago ...

"Yeah i fixed it
i had "Scene =" so i just removed that and it worked in the PokeGear"

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
I tried this script yesterday (in 15.1) and I would like to add some information (I am fairly new to scripting). My goal was to implement a system where the player can trade a common Pokemon for another random common Pokemon.

This script doesn't generate any error message but my testing wasn't conclusive.

1. I found out that the exceptions I put for except2 are not taken into account. So if you write for example (+-line 263):

except2+=[:VENUSAUR]

You can receive a Venusaur nonetheless, which is a bit annoying. So I didn't manage to get the hard exceptions working.
Detailed exceptions work in the event, tough, but you are limited in terms of place.

2. Second thing is the rareness part. After some testing I realized it wasn't working properly (or at least not how I thought it would). It had, apparently, no effect at all:

Testing results, calling pbWonderTrade(1,[],[],true), with a bunch of exceptions in except2 array:
Sent Pokemon (Rareness - as defined in Pokemon.txt) - Received Pokemon (Rareness)
Pidgeotto (120) - Cherubi (190)
Kadabra (100) - Masquerain (75)
Pikachu (190) - Lileep (45) (Lileep was in my except2 list)
Gyarados (45) - Cofagrigus (90)
Diglett (255) - Shiftry (45)
Chansey (30) - Sentret (255)

Very annoying since in the end the trades looked purely random.
Since all I wanted to do was to trade common Pokemon, I tried adding this to the rareness part:

species=0 if rareness<100

and it worked.

Since I don't like Pokemon nicknames at all, I also replaced:
pbStartTrade(pbGet(1),species,pname,tname)

by

pbStartTrade(pbGet(1),species,PBSpecies.getName(species),tname)

And so far it works fine.

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
Issues with Wonder Trade Script on Essentials V16.1

Hey everyone!

I haven't been active here in forever, haha.

I'm having an issue when it comes to the Wonder Trade Offline script that was released here a while ago, and i'm not sure if it's because it isn't compatible with Essentials V16.1 or if i did something wrong. I'm a bit confused as it used to work perfectly with version 15.

Here's a picture of the error i'm getting:
Spoiler:

Any ideas on how to solve this? thanks guys!

EDIT: I noticed i didn't link the original post of the script for reference. It's the one posted by Black Eternity back in 2014. Sorry guys!

This is the thread for the script: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=336626

Last edited:
Years
From Top to down, Script section Number 178 (find def pbWonderTrade), in line 257. Edit egg? to isEgg? and it should work.

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
Thank you so much, Folle64! that worked perfectly! :)

for anyone having this same issue, remember to also capitalize the "E" on "egg" like Folle64 did on the example, I say this because it took me a bit before i realized that I had added the "is" but hadn't capitalized the "E" and after that, it worked perfectly. :3c

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
Hi guys!

I have a question, is possible to randomize the Pokémon level?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Could be added Pokemon with Egg Moves?
It would be very interesting.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
I have this error https:// gyazo. com/eaaa56b59ff25e02fe3a0f442ac5de21 (cannot post links yet

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I have this error https:// gyazo. com/eaaa56b59ff25e02fe3a0f442ac5de21 (cannot post links yet

your error is that you didn't follow directions.

to use the script make sure you put
"pbWonderTrade(1)"

Last edited:
Years
Man you can see in screeshot thats exactly wut I have there..

The script should be
Code:
pbWonderTrade(1)
Capitalization is important in nearly all languages. Also, you don't need those empty arrays, since if you read the method you can see those are default values (if no value gets passed for that parameter, it will default to whatever value, so you only need to pass values in if you want them to be different from the default)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
The script should be
Code:
pbWonderTrade(1)
Capitalization is important in nearly all languages. Also, you don't need those empty arrays, since if you read the method you can see those are default values (if no value gets passed for that parameter, it will default to whatever value, so you only need to pass values in if you want them to be different from the default)

Omg..Ty...You´ve been helping me so much...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
Is there anyway I can make the player use this system only once in game? He gets its first traded pokemon then he cant use it again..Thats what Im looking for... If anyone could help...I would appreciate it

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 14, 2018
Would there be any way to use this in conjunction with the Birthsigns script? Or, for that matter, to edit anything about the Pokemon you receive besides their name? Thanks! =D

Back