• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(FR) New Type Icons Patch!!!

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
New Type Icons Patch For Firered!!!​
You know those Type icons in some rom hacks that have those icons next to the word.
You know.. These!
EXAMPLE1.png
well, this patch is here to save the day! The sprites were made
or il1dan if you're too lazy to check da link.
one thing he did was the ??? type was replaced with Fairy type. so i remade the ??? type, kinda crudly.

OH GODD.PNG

If you want, make your own ??? icon by using NSE 2.0 and PM me.
Spoiler:

=======================================================
Another Screenshot for ya.
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD!
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 25, 2019
Bro, do you know how I can insert them. I tried to. It worked then it went back to default after I did the tutorial for the mega evolution for firered.

Years
How do I point the fairy type at this? My fairy type makes up slot 0x17. Thank you for the patch though!

Edit: Made that post a little permature. Played around with it, can't get the fairy type to show up. I only get a ?? For the type icon. It seems like you replaced the fairy type altogether?

Secondly, does this write over any clean room free space? Looks like it was only writing over data already in the room but would like to make sure since I have quite a bit of code added. Thank you!

Last edited:

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
How do I point the fairy type at this? My fairy type makes up slot 0x17. Thank you for the patch though!

Edit: Made that post a little permature. Played around with it, can't get the fairy type to show up. I only get a ?? For the type icon. It seems like you replaced the fairy type altogether?

Secondly, does this write over any clean room free space? Looks like it was only writing over data already in the room but would like to make sure since I have quite a bit of code added. Thank you!

Yep, i did replace fairy with ??? for plain roms. just replace with the original sprite

Years
Yep, i did replace fairy with ??? for plain roms. just replace with the original sprite

I dont mean to be a bother but may i ask how? If you know a tutorial, that would be fine. I only play with asm so i dont know anything about this. Wouldnt i need to put the sprite in the same location you did unless im trying to repoint?

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
I dont mean to be a bother but may i ask how? If you know a tutorial, that would be fine. I only play with asm so i dont know anything about this. Wouldnt i need to put the sprite in the same location you did unless im trying to repoint?

I really don't know!

Back