• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] Pass The Sprite (v2.0) [D.I.Y. UNHOLY CREATURES!]

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Spoiler: Finished Sprites
hAPkHve.png

This is a revival of one of my favorite threads back when I started PC, and ultimately what inspired me to be a terrible paint artist! The point of the game is to start with a Pokemon's sprite, and add/remove one or two features to change it a little. Then, the next person edits it a little more, until we get a fantastic new unholy Blarzimon™!* Here's the rules from the last thread (edited), and a few examples from the 2013 one:

RuRxbf8.png
ergVPG9.png
XqrhuJk.png

1. Use Generation 5 (Black/White/BW2) sprites only.
  2. Don't change the background of the sprite.
  3. Don't make too many huge changes at once, try to limit yourself to 2/3 maximum per post.
  4. It's better to list what you changed so people know not to do the same.
  5. Save the sprite in PNG (please use paint/GIMP/whatever)
  6. You can only start a new sprite if the previous sprite looks unrecognizable/too cool to spoil any further.
  7. Don't make a change and choose a new sprite in the same post, allow the next person to see if they want to edit it more.
  8. Don't submit an already edited Pokemon sprite to start a new round.
  9. It doesn't matter what level of spriting you're at! This game is super easy once you try it and anyone is encouraged to participate.

Let's start with one of my favorite Pokemon, Octillery!

octillery-f.png

Of course, I took the pleasure of making it a little more... blarghy ;)

KWq9nva.png

*blarzimon is not a real thing. nintendo pls don't sue up the butt

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Oooo, I remember these projects! From edits, to from scratch.

OJCNiEh.png

I added a bit of a head dress, but attached? I guess.

Also as a bonus but is a edit to many, so skip it. I felt like it looked weird with no mouth.
FpPr1O0.png

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
cnhd8HB.png

Bam, now it has a zebstrika body ;D

EDIT: Ah crap, I didn't notice countryemo had put a new mouth back on. Sorry!

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
This is getting wild. The mouth looked weird on that body, so new mouth, and even more unsettling.

4XJ3ASJ.png

Ignore the bottom part, I was trying to give it a rocky shell but couldn't get it to look right and I have to go to bed.

Years
hAPkHve.png

Changed eye color to a dirty orangey.
Added stripes.. I was going for Grimer sludge like stripes but it made it look like a watermelon, haha. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'd say that guy is probably done, wouldn't you? Lets move on to another!

How about...

Onix!
onix.png

Back