• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

Zowayix

hi
Years
Ladies and Gentleman, ANOTHER person who fails to follow the procedure on reporting glitches. Maybe I should just rename the readme.txt to "REAMEORMOTHER****INGDIEYOUGODDAMNRETARDEDDUMBASS.TXT"

Here's an idea (not sure if it works):

The Prism download is a zip file. Inside the zip file is the readme and a second password-locked zip file with the patch. The password to the second zip is at the bottom of the readme.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012

The Prism download is a zip file. Inside the zip file is the readme and a second password-locked zip file with the patch. The password to the second zip is at the bottom of the readme.

Genius dude. CBM, you should definitely do this. That'll teach everyone.

Sleepwalker

Some Kind Of Monster
Years

Knowing how people are, they'd only open the Readme to get the password. Wouldn't read another word in it.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
That wouldn't work. I'd just get a bunch of PM's and replies asking me for the password, and I'd just reply to them with the same message.

Years
Well apparently, many people are lazy and don't read the readme. So just post instructions on submitting a glitch on the first page of this thread, as well as a message right before the title screen or something (or maybe on the file select screen?) Heck, you could put a large sign in the first town that screams "READ THE README FILE" if you wanted. Anyways those are some good updates, might I suggest explaining how blackjack and poker work for us? Thanks ^_^!

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2019
Going off the above idea you could script an NPC to walk up to the player just as they come out of the cave and shout at them to read the readme.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Ok ok I'll give a hint. Someone in this thread is somewhat close to finding the legendary.

MAYBE.

And I won't say who.

Like I said, IT'S SOMETHING YOU WON'T EXPECT. So if you're thinking of just finding a room with Moltres or Lugia inside you'll be sadly disappointed.

Clathrite Tunnel will be an icy cave full of puzzles. Many different from the Icy Path.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Ok ok I'll give a hint. Someone in this thread is somewhat close to finding the legendary.

MAYBE.

And I won't say who.

Like I said, IT'S SOMETHING YOU WON'T EXPECT. So if you're thinking of just finding a room with Moltres or Lugia inside you'll be sadly disappointed.
I honestly think I'm the one who's kind of the right track. Although I could easily be just as wrong.

So here's what I think after what he said:

I really think this is a Pokemon that will appear in the wild (not a standing legendary) ONLY on a certain date. As an example:

Let's assume this Pokemon is Articuno. I know it isn't, but I'm just going to say that for this situation. Now then, perhaps it will appear in the routes outside of Caper City (snow routes) on a specific date, such as December 25th. Just an idea.

Since you're saying it's something we wouldn't expect, what exactly defines a legendary Pokemon? I've never played any of the games past RSE, so it would be helpful if someone here could list all of the legendaries. Then we could narrow down the list to just a few.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I honestly think I'm the one who's kind of the right track. Although I could easily be just as wrong.

So here's what I think after what he said:

I really think this is a Pokemon that will appear in the wild (not a standing legendary) ONLY on a certain date. As an example:

Let's assume this Pokemon is Articuno. I know it isn't, but I'm just going to say that for this situation. Now then, perhaps it will appear in the routes outside of Caper City (snow routes) on a specific date, such as December 25th. Just an idea.

Since you're saying it's something we wouldn't expect, what exactly defines a legendary Pokemon? I've never played any of the games past RSE, so it would be helpful if someone here could list all of the legendaries. Then we could narrow down the list to just a few.

All of the legendaries are:
  • Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Suicune
  • Raikou
  • Entei
  • Ho-Oh
  • Lugia
  • Celebi
  • Regirock
  • Regice
  • Registeel
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Deoxys
  • Azelf
  • Mesprit
  • Uxie
  • Heatran
  • Cresselia
  • Phione
  • Manaphy
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Shaymin
  • Deoxys
  • Arceus

Now that I've posted that, for some wierd reason, I think it's Phione... Also, Rotom is sometimes considered a legendary.
Also, I doubt it's a Kanto or Johto legendary, so that leaves Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
All of the legendaries are:
<snip>
Now that I've posted that, for some wierd reason, I think it's Phione... Also, Rotom is sometimes considered a legendary.
I honestly wished I've DPpT so I would have a better idea of the legendaries from that game. Also, any comments or criticism on my theory would be appreciated.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I have an idea. I just found Rock Smash and I'm looking around. Are there any other HMs besides Cut in this game?

Years
CBM, Could you tell us some things that the legendary ISN'T? If it does not appear on a certain date, you should tell us so people won't be sitting around waiting for like, Christmas only to not find it on that day. Or it might really be programmed to appear on that day and most people miss it and have to wait a year or something. Just clear up anything people say that is n00bish and Farfetch'd.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
I'm sticking with my idea that the legendary will only appear on/after September 18 (B and W release in Japan) or February 13 (Coolboyman's birthday).

P.S. Heart's Soul, where did you get Rock Smash? I've been looking everywhere for it.

EDIT: I have an idea. First of all, does anybody know what the Rings actually do? Because I'm thinking that the Prism Ring might be used to summon the legendary. That's probably why CBM said it might be months before somebody finds it. It'll take a while to get all the ingredients for the Prism Ring!

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years

MAYBE.

And I won't say who.

Do you mean close as in which it is or close as to the area it is in?

EDIT#1: And Master Terrador, you should say things like that (is the thing the legendary) in a PM if you ask me. Because now everyone will try to see if it is.

EDIT#2: And if we download the IPS file, will it have all your updates as well and still be compatible with our in-game save or save-state (if people prefer) file from the previous 2010 ips file? I just don't want to have to restart from scratch to get the prism stone.
Basically what I am trying to say is: I want dusk stones so is I re-download the ips file, will I be able to mine them while still using my same file?

P.S. - And Master Terrador, me and you will be the only ones to know about that. And anyone else who gets that far.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I'm not saying, but I found a broken warp. I think that's where the legend is.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
And I'm just checking over which warp is broken so I can send you a detailed report. Duh.

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
I'm loving the Beta atm and I'm intending to post full commentary once I've played through all I can, but I had to just interrupt to get this off my chest..

The south gate of Botan. IS THAT THE CHEETAHMEN THEME?! You have no idea how big of a grin is plastered across my face right now. KBM, you legend.

Back