• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Uh... do you mean IkariShipping? Dawn x Paul?

Also, I beg to differ on the "few good male/male couples" bit. There are many that are actually quite good. Not many between the main cast, sure, but looking beyond that is where the fun starts.

I used to support Pallet, and still do sorta, but CafeMocha is totally my OTP. <3 like people can't tell

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Nutella said:
I still don't know why some people think any Ash ship will become canon. I think some people keep on forgetting that Pokemon is a little boys' show, not a fanservice for its older, creepier female fans like myself (though it's hard to believe sometimes, I know).

Ash will indeed be ALONE FOREVER. Nobody, other than sad, older fans (again, like myself) even moderately cares who he'll end up with.

That's why Pokemon fan fiction thriiiiives.

I think that's why the Pokemon fanfiction is going so strong now. Because there is no answer, no end. And to those (like you and me) who want closure to Ash getting mature, getting that girl, there's the fanction. Only problem is looking for the real good ones.

I liked Brock x James, in DP. That was enjoyable while it lasted.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I crashed my bike, better hunt down Ash and blame him

uh...Brock/James?

that sounds hilarious
sir-eaten-a-lot paired with sir-never-gets-a-girl...although PQ Lucy liked him for his Abra eyes...

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
BOO! Hello everyone, I just stumbled upon this really strange site when I googled rayshipping for some Ash x Cynthia pictures. Instead of that I got a shipping thread and I thought what the hell, so I made an account for the heck of it!

SO! On to my supported shippings:
Pearlshipping
Altoshipping
Rayshipping
Why isn't there a name for Ash x Gardevoir? Or is there?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Oh no, not more human x Gardevoir...*covers eyes* *...realises this can't stop mental images* D:

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Haha I never even read an Ash x Gardevoir fanfic before but I became intrigued by the pairing since, in my opinion, Gardevoir is one of the, if not most, human-like Pokemon in the series. And Im just a huge fan of rare shippings, I guess I was Just born this way~
I can only find one Rayshipping picture still...

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Gardevoir

lets pair it with MUK

*twitches* Urk~

but no, seriously, there should be a...sub-forum for Pokemon/human couples

Ditto/Grimer anyone?

Altoshipping, that's Ash/Bianca/Latias, right?

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Is it? To my knowledge, Alto is Ash/Latias? I find them to be quite a sweet and cute couple and possibly one of the most possible Ash/Pokemon pairings due to Latias shapeshifting ability. The movie also had 'hints' of Latias growing affections towards Ash.

Also let's face it, based on all the seasons so far. I would confidently say that Ash has a higher rate of marrying a pokemon than an actual human female... His world revolves around pokemon, I bet he would jump for joy if Latias wanted to date him.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Ash/Cynthia's Garchomp

okay, SORTA kidding...

he'd marry his pikachu if it was a girl I bet

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Bayleef used to have a crush on Ash and he didn't notice that, he's confused whatever happens about love~

Is it legal to marry Pokemon in the Pokemon world? Hmmmm. I remember some guy in Japan petitioning to marry an anime character, can't remember how that went. And I remember some guy wanting to marry a cow...XD

I saw Gardevoir fanart. Puts you off Gardevoir forever.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Pikashipping hahaha and yes that is so true on so many levels! Ooh Ash x Cynthia's Garchomp, didn't think anyone besides me ever gave any thought to that pairing! Btw do Pokemon lay eggs or give birth? Or do the mammal types give birth and the reptile types lay eggs?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I think all (female) pokemon lay eggs, and legendary pokemon are known to breed
so...I'm not really sure

and its a kids show and game, so they can't exactly show pokemon laying eggs or giving birth, now can they? o_o

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
So if, hypotetically speaking, Ash were to have a child with a Pokemon say Pikachu for example. It would come out in an egg? Also would the child be human or pokemon? Or an anthro pokemon? Or a human with Pikachu powers? I always ponder this question for some reason...

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I have no idea...something to contemplate

or one could look at Tailsrulz' Pikagals...

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
uh...Brock/James?

that sounds hilarious
It's actually sexy. *o* It's been sexy since season 1. :{ It just never caught on, darn it. DP was so nice in that regard; little snips of them here and there.

Then again, I'm also sad over the lack of Brock/Paul. Two instances, and they were *o* the most unlikely scenes to come out of the anime. <3 It was brilliant.

Why isn't there a name for Ash x Gardevoir? Or is there?
It's called Recovershipping.

XD And here I was thinking, "Nah, it would never have a name-- IT DOES! \o/"

but no, seriously, there should be a...sub-forum for Pokemon/human couples
*cites Sinnoh mythology that implies Pokemon/human couples were nothing out of the ordinary way back when*

So by that logic, neither should we~

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Hmm...Dialga pairing-I'm not going to go there

any othger popular Ashx[anyone] couples?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
*gags* human x pokemon ewwww

Brock x James is adorable though. <3 It makes me rather sad that there isn't much out there for it. :/

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
two men who seem to have no luck with women

THEY WERE MADE FOR EACH OTHER

or something

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
=( I'm sad now. Human/pokemon doesn't have to equal sex. It's cute, it's adorable, it's comforting.

Brock x James is adorable though. <3 It makes me rather sad that there isn't much out there for it. :/
This, I agree with, though. Once upon a time, there was this one Brocketshipping fanfic that was totally OOC, based on Enrique Inlesias' Bailamos, involved crossdressing, clubbing...and ten years later, it's probably still the "best" Brock/James fic I ever read, because there were, like two other fics that existed. =( I must go looking, now.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

The only Human x Pokemon I support is Ash x Pikachu and that is all.

Brock x James doesn't sound that bad at all although James x Dento seems to be more of my ship although I mainly ship Dento with Iris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back