• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Kris\Gold In HeartGold & SoulSilver (+Decapitalization & SacredGold/StormSilver Support)

Years
It works pretty well man! The only thing ive see is when you are naming kris, lyra's sprite appeared.
But this one is good tho. Now i can play both sacred gold + moemon +kris sprites.

PS: YOU ARE TRULY HIRO ( HERO ) ^^V

I'm fairly new to this, so excuse the noob question, but: if i wan't to start the game with a specific Pokémon instead of the usuals (Eevee), can i change that with a patch?

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Aug 10, 2016
Does anybody know if there is a version of the SACRED GOLD/STORM SILVER patch that works with v1.05 CLASSIC instead of just the COMPLETE version?

Some people just want the ultimate HGSS experience but without made up moves/learn sets/base stas y'know?

Alternatively, if anyone has all of the Kris files and their Narc addresses I can do this myself.

Thx!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Does anybody know if there is a version of the SACRED GOLD/STORM SILVER patch that works with v1.05 CLASSIC instead of just the COMPLETE version?

Some people just want the ultimate HGSS experience but without made up moves/learn sets/base stas y'know?

If you can point me to the v1.05 Classic, I can take a look.

Alternatively, if anyone has all of the Kris files and their Narc addresses I can do this myself.

Thx!

I also have a text file with this very list, as well as all appearances in scripts.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Aug 10, 2016
Both versions available in a single download here, all compatible with Xenophobia roms:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-sacred-gold-storm-silver.327567/

If you could also upload this TXT list/base files for posterity it would be awesome.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect your patch (and other Kris mods) does't work as a complementary generic patch because script changes get in the way of other mods.

A stand alone, Kris aesthetics patch (without scripts/events/Kris name edit) should probably work with pure rebalancing mods since the edited IMGs end up having the same file size and address as the original files.

Failing that, future modders can apply your modded NARCs/replace sprite files directly if the base and files list are provided.

Thx for your work man, really appreciated. I've been looking for this for many years now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
I just started and finished the MoonSilver patch and I'm taking a break for some Overwatch.

Basically, I have all of the NARCs modified already. If I need to patch another game, I'll pull up my script locations list, change all mentions of Lyra/Ethan to Kris/Gold in SDSME. Then I'll pull up Tinke and swap out all of the relvant NARCs. It really only takes a few minutes. I'm just a master procrastinator.

As for your idea, that's not bad. I'll upload a RARchive with all of the modified NARCs and text locations so anyone in the future can do it themselves.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Another update coming. While I was updating the file list, I stumbled upon something.
aXMrVFk.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hey TDK, I have a question. I'm working to re do the type chart on Pokemon Moonsilver (for my personal use, of course) and was wondering would that effect the use of your Kris Mod? There will be no changes of scripts, events, anything like that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Not at all. All of the changes are aesthetic, with some minor changes to the text files. For your SunGold, I can even offer complete decapitalization as well, as I can simply swap in the entirety of the text file. For StormSilver, and MoonSilver by extension, I can do Kris swaps, but I needed to double check my files first, to make sure I got all of the changes from StormSilver right. I also need to update my patch because of a new change. I can probably offer up all of the patches tonight. No promises though. It will definitely be done by Friday.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
I have been attempting to get this patch to run on my supercard dstwo with no success. I am able to run the normal storm silver hack with no problems so am not sure if it is user error on my end or somehow due to the way to inserted Kris into the game but please help would be greatly appreciated on this.

To give a bit of information on my actual problem the patch runs on my computer just fine but when exported onto my supercard it gives either a white or black screen. I have tried what I believe to be every combination of applying the two patches but have had no success with fixing my issue.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hello, just curious to know how the Moonsilver mod is coming along? :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
I am having an issue with the patch myself. It works with Soul Silver, but when attempting to patch Heart Gold I get:

xdelta: 4787 Pokemon - HeartGold Version (US).nds: Checksum validation failed, e
xpected: 8a6c8888bed9e1dce952f840351b73f2, received: ae2a483d0a5e8130d39f44f41a8
6df57

When doing a search for the checksum it "expected" (8a6c etc. etc.) That is a value associated with Soul Silver (makes sense since it did work for that). I was thinking the Kris-Gold.patch would work on Heart Gold, but I guess not. Anyone else have this issue? If so was there a resolution?

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Aug 10, 2016
If hirotdk can upload his NARCs and list their locations, I can make the changes to Sacred Gold/Storm Silver (Classic and Complete 1.05v) for everyone to enjoy. Currently, the patch doesn't work for those versions.

Here is the last known file location list that was available in public space to mod Lyra's GFX:

a/1/4/2 (tinke 22) = Wolrd Map Mini-Icon
a/0/0/6 backsprites
a/0/5/8 frontsprites
a/0/9/3 hm sprites
a/1/0/9 mugshots
a/1/9/3 hm sprites????
data-field_cutin.narc hm sprites

There are plenty of locations missing and the fact there is a backsprite bug when starting a battle.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Aug 23, 2016
I'm currently trying to replace Ethan with Ash.
(always named my male characters Ash xD)

I was able to replace most overworld and a few other sprites.
Now I have troubles finding a lot of the menu art and also replacing some overworld sprites (I cannot open the pokemon healing sprite in btx editor).

It would be really great if you can give us a list where to find which sprite and maybe a short hint with which tool you replaced the sprite.

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I can't seem to figure out how to patch my game. everytime I apply the patch and load the rom nothing happens.

Back