• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First RU team (rate/help plz)

Years
Okay, so after ignoring EV's and competitive battling for my Pokemon-filled childhood, I have decided to comprise a team of Pokemon for battling. I've already trained one of these Pokemon, so I took it a step ahead. I decided on RU because of the variety of Pokemon from RU and NU. So here it is, my team (with much help from Smogon):

277.png

252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Jolly/ Toxic Orb
Guts
-Facade
-Brave Bird
-Protect
-U-turn

Swellow's main goal on this team is to Scout. I use Protect to activate the Toxic Orb and then hightail it outta there (chances are I probably will thanks to its crappy defenses).

651.png

252 Hp/4 Atk/ 252 Def
Impish/Rocky Helmet
Rough Skin
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Claw
-Glare
-Dragon Tail

Druddigon comes in there and, despite his great attack stat, he uses his power to set up as a bulky set up for SR and Paralysis. Dragon Tail to force the opponent out, Dragon Claw for necessary STAB.

525.png

252 Hp/64 Def/192 Spe
Timid/Light Clay
Overgrow
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Taunt
-Giga Drain

Serperior's purpose is obvious: dualscreens. He can come in safely to most things thanks to his bulk and taunt the opponent, while proceeding to set up screens and giga drain for STAB+recovery.

626.png

252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid/Life Orb
Compoundeyes
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Giga Drain
-HP Ground

Galvantula serves as the sweeper. His high speed investment along with life orb makes his thunder something to reckon with.

457.png

248 Hp/244 SpD/16 Spe
Careful/Leftovers
Battle armor
-Toxic Spikes
-
-Roar
-Crunch

Drapion comes in as a special wall and can wall threats like Musharna effectively. I think everything is self explanatory on his set, with leftovers to regain whatever's lost on his substitute.

595.png

252 Hp/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant/Choice Band
Solid Rock
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Carracosta is my late game sweeper with his access to Aqua Jet. Everything else is available so he can be put to his full potential. He has the bulk to tank a few hits before finishing the opponent off. He's also the one I've trained already :)

So rate it and tell my how I can improve. I'm really new so I'm willing to hear anything you have to say about the team!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Serperior needs all the Speed it can get, since its Speed tier is unique. Cinccino will still outspeed it regardless.

What's the purpose of Sub on Drapion? If Druddigon goes down, Whirlwind is the better option over Sub to let Drapion act as an alternative phazer.

HP Ground is the better alternative over HP Rock, since Nidoqueen is almost a full stop to Galvantula currently. Also, Giga Drain is the better option over Energy Ball; the power loss is quite minimal.

Years
Serperior needs all the Speed it can get, since its Speed tier is unique. Cinccino will still outspeed it regardless.

What's the purpose of Sub on Drapion? If Druddigon goes down, Whirlwind is the better option over Sub to let Drapion act as an alternative phazer.

HP Ground is the better alternative over HP Rock, since Nidoqueen is almost a full stop to Galvantula currently. Also, Giga Drain is the better option over Energy Ball; the power loss is quite minimal.

Thanks for the response!

So what you're saying is to max Serperior's speed?

That makes sense about Drapion, I thought the sub would help in its walling, but it already has Roar, so what do I use to make up for that spot?

I'll change HP Rock to Ground seeing as Nidoqueen is basically dominating the RU tier (along with Sceptile apparently), and Giga Drain is probably good for making up some health too.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thanks for the response!

So what you're saying is to max Serperior's speed?

That makes sense about Drapion, I thought the sub would help in its walling, but it already has Roar, so what do I use to make up for that spot?

I'll change HP Rock to Ground seeing as Nidoqueen is basically dominating the RU tier (along with Sceptile apparently), and Giga Drain is probably good for making up some health too.

Yup.

Apparently, Whirlwind is the better option over Roar, as it can't be blocked by Soundproof (Roar is a sound-based move that can be blocked by Soundproof). And in that case, Taunt is the best option to prevent Drapion from being set up on/statused.

Back