• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2012
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask what is in the storage room in the shipwreck? I can't seem to find the key for it, and I've already made it to the abandoned mines so far. Is there an item in the storage room that I'll need later on?

Years
I know that, but thats the part I was around until I entered the sewer from the wrong way and scripts started to act funny and haven't saved, I use save states.

Had you already done the event at the sewers? Cuz if so, that's kind of weird. I don't think that happened to me when I entered from that way...

dbcification

Long-Time Lurker
Years
I came late to the party here... But I'm playing through Snakewood... And I read somewhere in the thread that there is a point where the game just gives up on being serious and gets about a million times more insane...

Would that, perchance, be the Boardroom?

My reaction to the boardroom after nearly every battle: "I... I don't... What... I... WHAT IS THIS GAME?!"

Also, what Pokemon does Vigourlan replace? I can't pick it out by its cry, and I don't have a Third Gen save editor handy.

Last edited:
Years
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask what is in the storage room in the shipwreck? I can't seem to find the key for it, and I've already made it to the abandoned mines so far. Is there an item in the storage room that I'll need later on?

the storage room in the shipwreck just has an item you can use to catch a spiritomb by the way, can someone tell me what to do after the sundance rock event? I can't find that Blackthorne guy.

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2012
LOVE this hack, and I can tell how much work you put in despite the fact that I AM (not) A ROM HACKER!!! The jokes are funny and the plot is actually INTERESTING; I feel that this is how the official games ought to be. Kudos on making the fighting an actual challenge! I hate when things are a cakewalk-- speaking of which, the way you made the new areas, and rearranged the old ones is pretty good. I feel like i'm not just walking in one big straight line to the end of the game and actually have to navigate a bit.

All in all i enjoy playing your hack, it's a very good job you've done!

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2022
Umm... I suppose Asimov's gym in Gym Island isn't supposed to look like that and my game sort of fookd up?

i.imgur.com/Szfli.png

i.imgur.com/7nogf.png

I think I've searched every related term possible and I have no idea what to do right now. I'd love to progress even further with the game but I'm stuck and I have no idea what to do without getting strenght and beating Asimov.

BTW: What's with the fourth badge? I have 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, I defeated Norman in Petalburg but nothing happened there, I guess I need Asimov to get the badge and the HM? :/

Nothing like that has happened before, no glitches (except for 3-4 tile glitches in town that didn't show certain sprites, you could still walk over it however and nothing happened), no bugs, nothing at all.

Last edited:

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Had you already done the event at the sewers? Cuz if so, that's kind of weird. I don't think that happened to me when I entered from that way...

I read somewhere that I had to enter through Lillicove sewers not the one I entered through, do you mean the phone call event? then yes, but if you mean another, then no. I was up to the part where I was meant to go Sootopolis city to find Landon and May. But it dosen't really matter now, theres another release planned!. ^_^

Years
the storage room in the shipwreck just has an item you can use to catch a spiritomb by the way, can someone tell me what to do after the sundance rock event? I can't find that Blackthorne guy.

I'm pretty sure you go to the Abandoned Mines now? (It's where Spear Pillar was)

I think I've searched every related term possible and I have no idea what to do right now. I'd love to progress even further with the game but I'm stuck and I have no idea what to do without getting strenght and beating Asimov.

BTW: What's with the fourth badge? I have 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, I defeated Norman in Petalburg but nothing happened there, I guess I need Asimov to get the badge and the HM? :/
The gym is supposed to look like that, I believe. However, you must've gotten the glitch where the event for obtaining Strength doesn't happen, and the gym is empty.
Spoiler:

Have you done the Lilycove Sewers and the Necropolis stuff? If you've done all that and Gym Island and Strength are all you really need, then you're pretty much done.

The fourth badge can be found in the shipwreck.

Hmm I just thought of a possible way to get Cyndaquil, if it's in the game... It's a long shot but it's the only thing I can think of lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2022
The gym is supposed to look like that, I believe. However, you must've gotten the glitch where the event for obtaining Strength doesn't happen, and the gym is empty.

[SPOILERS]You're supposed to find a legendary Pokemon in that gym.[/SPOILERS]
Oh. Well, the gym is empty, I've checked each and every square of it pressing A.

Have you done the Lilycove Sewers and the Necropolis stuff?
I'm pretty sure I did. I did the
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
and got to Necropolis, where I
Spoiler:
and beat the dark guy with Asimov's help in a great reference battle. I don't have the fourth badge (didn't find it in Shipwreck, even though I got all the keys and caught Spiritbomb) nor I don't have HM Strength.

I'm off to search the thread how to get it and hope my game isn't glitched for good, wish me luck! :)

//edit
Okay, the game is glitched for good. I'm incapable of obtaining strength without using cheats. I tried beating E4 again, tried going into the sewers again, got the 4th badge... I even used the walk through walls cheat to get back to the place where Gleis lost his pokemon, I talked to him and he teleported out of the cave - nothing changed though.

Well, using WTW I caught Luca Zamon and two Furis. No idea where is Turmur or Faceleech though.

//edit2
Found Turmur, got Faceleech, beat E4 a few times more and somehow Senex unglitched itself, lol. I have no idea what the flag for making it appear is but I must've somehow triggered it - the whole Gym Island started again, got HM04. Yay!

//edit3
No idea where to find Landon and May to get to know your past and finish the storyline for good and I no clue how to get Tea Barquan. I give up.

Last edited:
Years
need help! im stuck in necropolis in the part where you are trying to get to the concert. all i've found are dead ends and Lt. Surge's trash cans. what do i do next???

Can someone please help me?

sometimes certain events don't work when you are using the speed function on your emulator. try not using speed and if that doesn't work then i have no clue what is wrong

Last edited:
Years
how do i enter the 6th gym?

This is Fortree, right? Well firstly, you need to be in the east side of the area. Then go through the university, and you'll eventually be permitted into the gym.

No idea where to find Landon and May to get to know your past and finish the storyline for good and I no clue how to get Tea Barquan. I give up.

Well, you find Landon and May in the Lilycove Museum, if you haven't done that event yet. Tea Barquan is at
Spoiler:

And whoa, you unglitched the game somehow? D: Man, I couldn't get Strength or anything after I beat the game so I went ahead and got all the legendaries before just walking through walls to get past all the Strength boulders. :| Anything specific you remember doing lol?

need help! im stuck in necropolis in the part where you are trying to get to the concert. all i've found are dead ends and Lt. Surge's trash cans. what do i do next???

Some of the trash cans have the chance to have stuff in them (well, one certain thing). Just keep pressing "A" on them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2014
Ok i cant get to gym island i think i need the latest patch that might be why all the stuff is blocked such as the ship (it has a wooper in front of it, the museum has plants on it, etc...) so can i have that i don't want to search all the pages for the download thingy or at least what page its on? also will i have to restart or just apply the patch to the game i have it on now?

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2022
Well, you find Landon and May in the Lilycove Museum, if you haven't done that event yet.
I've done the event before getting to Necropolis afair, I thought there is a way to meet them again to get to know your past after you catch Senex at Gym Island :P

Tea Barquan is at
Spoiler:
Yup, found him already.

And whoa, you unglitched the game somehow? D: Man, I couldn't get Strength or anything after I beat the game so I went ahead and got all the legendaries before just walking through walls to get past all the Strength boulders. :| Anything specific you remember doing lol?
Well, I messed a little bit with gameshark codes, especially walk through walls and key mod shop - got myself rydrake wing, spatial pass, cat's eye, hajike bird and odd keystone. After I got the keystone I talked with the guy at shipwreck that wants the artifact from you (you beat him or something :P) and then talked to the guy at Sewers again, killed Spiritbomb. Gave the hajike bird to the funny guy you-know-where, got second rydrake. Caught one Turmur, killed the second one. Beat the E4 like twice in the meantime and since my walk through wall bugged (it was still on even after I disabled it), I saved the game not using a save-state but ingame, loaded it and all cheats were gone, and all flags were reset. I saved at Gym Island and there was Asimov (I think) there that I couldn't talk to and as I tried to leave the island he had this (!) above his head and talked to me about missing a celebration party, gave me HM04. The bug catcher was standing in front of the gym with Senex in it, so I talked to him, he let me through and Senex was inside.

I don't think I did anything else :P

//edit
Oh no wait I did, I used the full pokedex cheat to see if Birch would give me something after I caught all the pokemanz while evaluating my progress after I beat E4 again - he didn't.

Ok i cant get to gym island i think i need the latest patch that might be why all the stuff is blocked such as the ship (it has a wooper in front of it, the museum has plants on it, etc...) so can i have that i don't want to search all the pages for the download thingy or at least what page its on? also will i have to restart or just apply the patch to the game i have it on now?
The latest released patch is in the first post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2014
I've done the event before getting to Necropolis afair, I thought there is a way to meet them again to get to know your past after you catch Senex at Gym Island :P

Yup, found him already.

Well, I messed a little bit with gameshark codes, especially walk through walls and key mod shop - got myself rydrake wing, spatial pass, cat's eye, hajike bird and odd keystone. After I got the keystone I talked with the guy at shipwreck that wants the artifact from you (you beat him or something :P) and then talked to the guy at Sewers again, killed Spiritbomb. Gave the hajike bird to the funny guy you-know-where, got second rydrake. Caught one Turmur, killed the second one. Beat the E4 like twice in the meantime and since my walk through wall bugged (it was still on even after I disabled it), I saved the game not using a save-state but ingame, loaded it and all cheats were gone, and all flags were reset. I saved at Gym Island and there was Asimov (I think) there that I couldn't talk to and as I tried to leave the island he had this (!) above his head and talked to me about missing a celebration party, gave me HM04. The bug catcher was standing in front of the gym with Senex in it, so I talked to him, he let me through and Senex was inside.

//edit
Oh no wait I did, I used the full pokedex cheat to see if Birch would give me something after I caught all the pokemanz while evaluating my progress after I beat E4 again - he didn't.

The latest released patch is in the first post.

if i have the latest patch why is there a wooper blocking the ship where strength is saying this is block until the next update. and why are the museum stairs blocked? do i have to do something to get inside also the girl by the ship to take me to Gym Island Isn't there and i have the tickets

Years
if i have the latest patch why is there a wooper blocking the ship where strength is saying this is block until the next update. and why are the museum stairs blocked? do i have to do something to get inside also the girl by the ship to take me to Gym Island Isn't there and i have the tickets

Either you don't have the latest patch or it's bugged. You may want to try patching the game again. If that doesn't work, I would suggest getting a new Ruby ROM and starting over.

//edit

Huh. I've done all the stuff in the first paragraph. Might try and travel to Gym Island one more time before trying the Pokedex thing.

Back