• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
You get the National Dex after beating the Elite Four, when the other generations start appearing in long grass.
Ooh alrght, thanks. I didn't know that.

I'm just full of noob questions lol.

Can someone trade me a Pokemon say from Kanto when I've only gotten the 5th badge in Unova?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2011
Error message in Pokémon Black

I bought a copy of Pokémon Black a few days ago, and the game has been operating normally until now. At this point, every time I walk up to a PC in the game and select Amanita's PC and then select any option after that, the game displays a blank blue screen on the top screen and a black screen on the bottom screen with two lines of text: "An error has occurred." "Please turn off the power." The game is unresponsive at this point, and I have to turn off the power in order to start playing again.
The only things that I think may have caused this are a) I traded someone for an egg that hatched into a Deino and b) I received the liberty pass through the wi-fi connection. The error messages only started after these events, but these were both normal game events, so I don't know why they would cause this problem.
Does anyone know how I might stop these error messages? The game is still playable to a point, but it has limited playability if I'm not allowed to ever change which Pokémon are in my party again.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2011
How does move training by breeding work? I want my Pawniard to learn mean look.

ProGuava

ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ
Years
I dont know...Maybe something happend when you took part in the event? There might not be much you can do here...

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
How does move training by breeding work? I want my Pawniard to learn mean look.

Quite simply.
Just get a compatible Father who learns the move, Sableye. He doesn't learn it till Level 60, so you will have to work hard for it. D; Breed the Sableye with a Female Pawniard or Bisharp, and the egg they produce should hatch a Pawniard with Mean Look.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2011
Quite simply.
Just get a compatible Father who learns the move, Sableye. He doesn't learn it till Level 60, so you will have to work hard for it. D; Breed the Sableye with a Female Pawniard or Bisharp, and the egg they produce should hatch a Pawniard with Mean Look.
I have a golbat that knows mean look, will that work?

Male Golbate lv 47
Female Pawniard Lv 40

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2013
There seems to be a problem with my C-Gear. It was working fine before, but now, when I try to do anything with the C-Gear, like, for example, the "Friend Code" option, it won't let me do it. Instead, after saving, it goes into an seemingly endless black screen, with music still playing.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Is there a solution and/or a fix to my problem?

Thank you in advance! :)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Erufuun said it earlier breed it with Sableye, because according the Egg Move chart on Bisharp that is the only one that is compatible and has Mean Look.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been grinding in Twist Mountain and begun to get a few Pokemon up to 30. I am seeing now that most of them are just really bad, but a few just need to catch up. I had a level 28 Boldore take out four of my (now) level 28 Pokemon, but since evolving an Excadrill it is immediately showing up my 10-levels-higher Samurott. I guess with time I will find a few other good ones to use.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Since you are on you way to Dragon Spiral Tower, I suggest getting Golett and Mienfoo, there evos seem just as good as anything you will encounter in the wild. Have you tried going after Litwick? Since Chandelure, is quite strong as well.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
Years
Hey guys well im breeding zorua to have eggs moves and such..

But I'm having trouble & getting discouraged that zorua that are being hatched are only boy's I have hatched about roughly 20 so far and I have only been getting boy's so does that mean that zorua's can only be hatched as boy's idk.. it doesn't make sense I will continue to try, but i don't want to continue wasting time if somebody here already know's the answer..

Concluding..

*Can a Girl Zorua be hatched? or is it only going to be a Boy?*

Thanks in advance for any input that would shed light on this question i appreciate it!\

From Torch!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hi, so I managed to invite people from my White Forest to my Black City today some how but I can't manage to invite anyone from my Black City to my White Forest and I was wondering why this is and if there is a trick or a way to making this happen.

Thank you in advance.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Can you trade more than one Pokémon at once? I know you can offer three, but can you trade them all at the same time? If so, how can you?

iTeruri

iAm
Years
So I was breeding some eggs yesterday and noticed something weird on the summary screen. Some of the eggs were facing backwards, like how you can view Pokémon from the back. They were moved somewhat more to the left and bottom of the summary screen and the dots were different. I noticed this on three different eggs.

Is this some kind of a glitch or something special? Or am I imagining things?

Years
Can you trade more than one Pokémon at once? I know you can offer three, but can you trade them all at the same time? If so, how can you?
Nah, you can't trade three Pokémon at a time, you're just allowed to 'show' three at once.

Years
So I was breeding some eggs yesterday and noticed something weird on the summary screen. Some of the eggs were facing backwards, like how you can view Pokémon from the back. They were moved somewhat more to the left and bottom of the summary screen and the dots were different. I noticed this on three different eggs.

Is this some kind of a glitch or something special? Or am I imagining things?
Mine egg will just jump, but if you touch a pkmn on the summary screen it'll turn around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back