• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho-oh 112's mySQL Trade System

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
sorry for being offline, but that's not my script, it's the connection with the mySQL server.

EDIT: Fixed up the error report.

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
what about my earlier posts.
the rgss player and the script error?

The rgss player not working is something I'm looking into currently, like I said it did work before

and the other error I don't know really, but I'm looking into that too (I think they are related issues)

EDIT: I relooked at your post, you didn't update yet, please get the new trade (you only need to re-import the trade script.)

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
that fixed the script error.
I don't get any script errors now, just rgss player stops responding for both uploading to, and searching the database.
Let me know if you figure something out.

Yeah, I'm looking into that too, but you don't get the "Unable to connect to the database error" right?

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
No.
I changed hosts to db4free and got one, but I switched back to freemysql.net and I don't get any errors, not even failed to conect to the database.
Just the rgss problem.
I can only assume it actually is conecting, but it is confused on how to operate the database?

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
No.
I changed hosts to db4free and got one, but I switched back to freemysql.net and I don't get any errors, not even failed to conect to the database.
Just the rgss problem.
I can only assume it actually is conecting, but it is confused on how to operate the database?

no, I think it's my script's problem... I had this once but I forgot how to fix it...

pokemonmasteraaron

Years
o-right.
I'm not really a scripter, at all, so I wouldn't know what the problem is.
I don't think there are really any scripting tutorials out there.
I tried making a script once, but I went about it the wrong way.
It was supposed to run an application in the game folder.
It was only three lines, and it epically failed.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
o-right.
I'm not really a scripter, at all, so I wouldn't know what the problem is.
I don't think there are really any scripting tutorials out there.
I tried making a script once, but I went about it the wrong way.
It was supposed to run an application in the game folder.
It was only three lines, and it epically failed.

No I'm working on the fix + version 2.0

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
I'm using freemysql.net, and I am getting problems connecting to the database. I have an Internet connection, and have checked it and saw it working every time. I just couldn't connect. I have set up the 5 rows of the table 'trades' on the database, and they are all set to int. Is there something wrong with this setup? Also, here's how I configured the script.

Host = "sql09.freemysql.net" # mysql server(local : 127.0.0.1)
User = "mappel6" # mysql user
Pass = "********" # mysql password(NOT SHOWING MY REAL PASS)
Base = "pkvoid" # base name
Port = 3306 # server port (default: 3306)

EDIT: This was the exact error that popped up:
mySQL:
Unable to connect to the database.

If it's a problem with the database, which I'm sure it is, can you upload that .sql file soon? Thanks.

REEDIT: Turns out they were columns. I, and most likely every one else here, needs that file, or some setup tutorial.

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I'm using freemysql.net, and I am getting problems connecting to the database. I have an Internet connection, and have checked it and saw it working every time. I just couldn't connect. I have set up the 5 rows of the table 'trades' on the database, and they are all set to int. Is there something wrong with this setup? Also, here's how I configured the script.

Host = "sql09.freemysql.net" # mysql server(local : 127.0.0.1)
User = "mappel6" # mysql user
Pass = "********" # mysql password(NOT SHOWING MY REAL PASS)
Base = "pkvoid" # base name
Port = 3306 # server port (default: 3306)

EDIT: This was the exact error that popped up:
mySQL:
Unable to connect to the database.

If it's a problem with the database, which I'm sure it is, can you upload that .sql file soon? Thanks.

REEDIT: Turns out they were columns. I, and most likely every one else here, needs that file, or some setup tutorial.

OK I AM DELAYING 2.0 AND MAKING THIS SOOOOOOO EASY TO USE YOU WONT NEED TO STRUGGLE WITH BERKA'S MYSQL SCRIPT! (delaying it for major updates.)

Heres what I plan:
connects to a .php file online using a sockets script and then connecting to a database with that and inserting it into the database through there same with getting the stuff.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
You know how long it might take?

A while heres whats got to be done:

Sockets sending script for essentials

php sockets receive script (which will then send SQL queries to your database and receive the data and send it back through sockets)
re-make my system to support the updates

pokemonmasteraaron

Years
So, since this is a beta, is it worth putting in my game?

I like how now there's only one script you have to call, but now I have to take away the event I made.

You really have been working hard on this, and I'm glad your not giving up on us.
I'm sure, once everything's over and your script is ready to use with little error, you will be in the credits section of many a game.
Thanks so much.
BTW your awesome :).

Back