• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Turn up the bass! ~ Music Listeners Club

Years
Anyone went through the same moment like I did? Thinking that an artist was singing a certain song but turned out to be someone else?

I already had the case where the music remind me a certain artist, but not the singing :/

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Anyone went through the same moment like I did? Thinking that an artist was singing a certain song but turned out to be someone else?

This has happened to me multiple times, and it's killing me that I can't remember specifically what song(s) it was. Closest thing I can think of is a song resembling an artist. I already knew Cool Kids was Echosmith, but I could've sworn Taylor Swift sang that song. Oddly enough none of their other stuff sounds like T. Swift.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Like above, this has happened to me plenty of times, too. Off top of my head, one music would have to be International Love by Pitbull. It happened to be on the radio in my car when I'd first heard this song, and when it was on Chris Brown's part, I immediately thought it was Lady Gaga (because, well, this does seem to be her style, haha), and was quite surprised to hear Pit mention Brown's name somewhere down the song. I don't believe I've heard any of Chris' music before, so it was completely new to me, but he did seem to put together his lines pretty nicely; all-together, I definitely liked the song.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

A lot of times when I'm listening to rap if there isn't something distinguishing about them or if I don't know the song beforehand I think it's all the same person. Like a couple of times I've mistaken Snowgoons for a handful of other artists.

Years
I think i'd like to join this club, as it would be my first real time joining one here (not counting Club Holly Jolly).

Username: Pendraflare
Favorite Music Genres: Indie rock, progressive metal, hip-hop, pop, and even club/party music. Sue me for that last one.
Your Current Favorite Song: That's really hard to consider, I don't have one particular favorite as it keeps changing based on what's new.

And answering the present question:
There are quite a few instances in recent years that I can say I was guilty of this. Titanium by Sia featuring David Guetta was one that I (and I bet quite a few others) surely thought was done by Rihanna, and Demons by Imagine Dragons was one that sounded like Coldplay my first few times hearing it.

Hope this is sufficient!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Username: LokiofSassgard
Favorite Music Genres:
Alternative rock/pop punk, Country (Mostly Toby Keith, Alan Jackson... stuff like that. I'm not into the new stuff).
Your Current Favorite Song: omg... I can't choose just one song, even if it's just a current favorite I have! D:

Music has always been there for me, so it wouldn't be right for me not to join!

To answer the question:

I have woth some pop punk artists I like. D: It's always so frustrating for me. I can't remember what it was since it was so long ago though.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Username: Tyrael
Favorite Music Genres: Metal, metal, metal, blues.. Did I mention metal?
Your Current Favorite Song: I don't really have a current favorite song, but I've been listening to a few bands quite a lot recently. Started listening to Memphis May Fire, since I found out they're going to be at South By So What?! this year, and they're a lot better than I was expecting them to be. Also got back into listening to DragonForce quite a bit. I completely forgot how much I loved them xD

Tyrael

Years
I think I have a topic. Name one underrated musician or band for you

Mine is Stevie Ray Vaughan. This guy was a guitar god, It's really sad since he's gone ):
He died on a helicopter accident on 27th of august, In 1990.

Wait... Stevie, underrated? What is this blasphemy?!?!!?!

Anyone who knows ANYTHING about rock music knows he is top two guitarists/musicians to ever grace this Earth. The only person I would say is better than him would be Jimi Hendrix.

But to address the topic of bands that are underrated, I would have to say that Alesana is pretty underrated, for the quality of their music. They're in my list of top 5 favorite bands of all time and they don't really play huge shows. The show I saw them at recently, I'd say there were max of 150 people there. They really don't get the recognition they deserve imo.

Tyrael

Years
I, Don't know lots of people who knows him. Almost nobody, I just don't get it. Maybe it's me that I'm wrong. And yeah, Just Hendrix is better than him.

It could just be the area you're from, that not many people know of him. You're good people though, 15 and already know that Jimi and Stevie are boss. You shall be my apprentice, and I shall call you Mini-Dyl. :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
When did this happen? Why am i not here? ??????????????????
Username: Dedenne1
Favorite Music Genres: Pop.....just pop
Your Current Favorite Song: Ummm.. WEELY i gotta choose? Uhhhhhh i would pick Radioactive-Imagine Dragons cause i like it obviously haha. ??????

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
When it comes to underrated artists, I consider unsigned artists (musicians that haven't signed in any record labels or anywhere), underrated...because I do feel that they have so much potential to make it in the musical world but it's hard for them to get themselves "heard" or get on mainstream. Pentatonix used to be on my list of underrated artists, but they're finally making themselves heard due to their outrageously successful Christmas album that was released this year. Here's one I really really love: ZACPOOR. I discovered him through a Facebook game I played a crapload of years ago, and he's still one of my favorites. He's written good music for various artists, but for himself he never really made it big.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I consider artists to be underrated when they aren't... necessarily out there, if you know what I mean. Some gain popularity and rise to stardom in a blink of an eye, while others stay where they are without any movement on the latter; it's kind of unfortunate. Off top of my head, one artist that comes to mind is A Fine Frenzy. I've discovered them while watching an episode of House MD (they've used their song throughout the ending), and I wound up loving it. Music's called Whisper, I believe, and the girl who sings seemed to have had a lovely voice. I began searching for more of their songs afterward, and have instantly become a fan.

Years
I'm not very good at thinking of musical acts that I consider "underrated", but if there was some act that people saw as not too great but I could find stuff to like about, I might be able to talk about them as such. And yes, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jimi Hendrix are anything but underrated, they're well known but were cut short.

In other news, the Billboard Year-End Hot 100 came out yesterday...i'll have to do some take on that later, haha.

Years
Why did it take me so long to realise this was here?

Username: DRCM
Favorite Music Genres: Progressive House, Electro House, Trance, Future House, Deep House, Future Bass, Melodic Dubstep
Your Current Favorite Song: Tom Swoon & Stadiumx - Ghost (feat. Rico & Miella)

Years
Username: White Mage
Favorite Music Genres: Alternative rock, pop punk, post-hardcore, metalcore, dubstep/electro house
Your Current Favorite Song:
Spoiler:

"Drown" by Bring Me The Horizon. Probably their most radio-friendly song, and it's a very different, but nice change from their old sound.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Name one underrated musician or band for you.

Hm... I suppose Mr. Strange would be the guy. I really like his music, especially, "The Wonderful World of Weird."

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
People underrate artists? Thats terrible! Ok well i tend to say one is underrated when it really isnt currently Imagine Dragons is not popular for my area but i really love Demons, Radioactive and Bleeding out theyre good songs so idk why people dont recognize them as how great they are :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
People underrate artists? Thats terrible! Ok well i tend to say one is underrated when it really isnt currently Imagine Dragons is not popular for my area but i really love Demons, Radioactive and Bleeding out theyre good songs so idk why people dont recognize them as how great they are :)

Mainstream fans only like Imagine Dragons because Radioactive or It's Time appeared on the charts, and that's it. The rest of their music is underrated. People need to dive a little deeper to discover them.

Back