• 266 replies

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 29
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
I actually agree. I like the challenge and the one-on-one test of skill for the first couple fights, but the EX hunts do get tedious after a while. The difficulty spike in damage / HP is fun and all, but it would be more so if new attacks or movesets were included so you have to learn something new. Also the rewards are pretty.. meh. Not the hunt rewards but getting the ability to transmog Deviant armors seems really lackluster imo. Ngl tho, Soulseer and Boltreaver were some of the most fun for me. So far, Silverwind and Hellblade have been the easiest, and Dreadking was the hardest.

You should pick it up again! I'll do the EX Deviants with ya. :D Actually, that reminds me that I have to basically *start* all of... every Deviant though, ahaa.. My completion list is not much different from where it was back in January.
Spoiler:
Redhelm - stopped at G1
Snowbaron - stopped at VII
Stonefist - stopped at G1
Dreadqueen - complete
Drilltusk - stopped at III
Silverwind - stopped at IV
Crystalbeard - stopped at III
Deadeye - stopped at II
Dreadking - stopped at V
Thunderlord - never hunted
Grimclaw - never hunted
Hellblade - completed
Nightcloak - stopped at G2
Rustrazor - stopped at G2
Soulseer - stopped at G3
Boltreaver - stopped at G2
Elderfront - stopped at G2
Bloodbath - stopped at G3

fml :')
sorry for the double notif i edited the list since it was ever so slightly better than i initially posted
I probably will, although I am going to have to learn how to Adept LBG aaaalll over again because what skills I have will have eroded away so I will be carting left and right for a while, haha. idk if you've found this, but I've found with MH games in particular I need to keep my skills sharp with constant play or I lose them pretty quick...it's like I just forget everything! Although I think in G Rank especially monsters don't give you as big of a window to evade even though their tells are still obvious (except for Rajang, who can go and die in a fire with his goddamn Kelbi hops and last minute changes of mind on laser direction) so you gotta be on the ball...especially when your armor is basically decorative and may as well provide you with 0 defence for all the good it does if you get hit. I used to be so reckless when I used SnS and now I'm afraid of getting too close in case the monster breathes in my general direction and kills me. xD

I should really learn to use Valor LS, but I've NEVER been able to parry in games. Any games. I loathe parry mechanics.

I also do not blame you for stopping Drilltusk and Crystalbeard at III, haha...if I ever get around to it I am not looking forward to crown farming those two. They're not the worst deviants to fight - I'd say that honour goes to Hellblade and, if you're a gunner, then freakin' Redhelm and Snowbaron for their mukty hitzones and irritating body shape - but my god they're so BORING. Crystalbeard especially, it's a damage sponge, and it doesn't even make up for it by being an interesting hunt.

How many hub quests have you managed to get through? I still have some 1* gathering quests to do...and practically every Prowler quest. Not looking forward to breaking body parts when it was a nightmare doing the village ones...I nearly ran out of time on the Duramboros one and killed Congalala several times. I think with Basarios' chest I just got lucky because you don't always mount the chest when you eventually get a mount I don't think...

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
9,052 posts
8.4 Years
I’m done with all the village/hub quests, except for like, a couple of them. Can happily help with key quests and whatnot, friendcode’s in my sig! Also, real talk, I’ve had the complete opposite experience. I always SLAY when I take a good two month break. No idea why but I think it’s pure muscle memory.

Also I spent a good two hours last night trying to farm Redhelm I for a Ragehair, so that’s my new most hated deviant. :’) I ended up resorting to using Dreadqueen Stun Khezu DBs with shock traps just to break the damn thing’s head. I couldn’t even get it with LS, I felt so incredibly lame.

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
13,675 posts
5.9 Years
So I'm finally getting around to doing Bloodbath Diablos on MHGU

If anyone's interested in helping me out with that, let me know
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
9,052 posts
8.4 Years
So I'm finally getting around to doing Bloodbath Diablos on MHGU

If anyone's interested in helping me out with that, let me know
Ooo! I can help! I actually kind of suck at BB, but it's a really fun fight and the armor is soooo worth the work. Besides, I need to actually complete G3 - EX. :p

And speaking of Deviant progress, I've officially completed Redhelm! Slowly crawling my way through the list, ahaaa.

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
13,675 posts
5.9 Years
Ooo! I can help! I actually kind of suck at BB, but it's a really fun fight and the armor is soooo worth the work. Besides, I need to actually complete G3 - EX. :p

And speaking of Deviant progress, I've officially completed Redhelm! Slowly crawling my way through the list, ahaaa.
When would be a good time for you today? I'm free most of today
Nah ンン

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
9,052 posts
8.4 Years
I will make myself available in an hour or so! :D

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
13,675 posts
5.9 Years
Alright, sounds good, I'll be on then

edit; ok I’ve got a room up now
Nah ンン

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
9,052 posts
8.4 Years
Hell yeah we kicked ass today. Slow start but once we got going with a good team, Bloodbath didn’t stand a chance! >:)

I’m also going to be on again in like 5 minutes if anyone wants to come find me!

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.

Male
on the second floor's nest
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
865 posts
11 Years
Since I was bedridden for the weekend I took the time to start a MH4U save as well, just to get the downloadable content and get the tutorials out of the way for later. Got to just about to fight the Great Jaggi (poor punchbag of a thing) and also I think some cat cook put a thing called Seltas on my way.

Name: Eris
Weapon Mains: Chargeaxe, Dual Swords
Weapon Seconds: Bow, Switchaxe
Venia Silente - Consulting Worldbuilder
Background... some day.
Fic stuff~

SWC Entries
: Playfield 2009 : Misaimed for Life 2014 : As They Were 2016 : Simpler than Magic 2017 : Beyond Today 2018 :

Other Releases
: Pseudo-Legendary : Silly human, romance is for Nidoran! (Valentine's : Tricks of the Love Fast (Valentine's) : Overlord (meow~) :
»»More in profile link or wiki link««

The Meta Journey!
Nidoran : Carnivine

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
9,052 posts
8.4 Years
Oh nice! I'll update your info on the OP to reflect that. :)

That early Seltas hunt you're talking about was the first quest I ever did in Monster Hunter. My fiance let me play his game and I absolutely fell in love with it. From there I've expanded to where I am now but it all started with that one LR Seltas quest. <333 Also, if you want suggestions on some awesome LR armors I got you covered! xx

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
9,052 posts
8.4 Years
Hey hunters! I'm gonna be on tonight doing Deviant hunts and just helping if anyone needs it! n_n; Come find me!

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 29
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Definitely up for some hunts going forward! Just got my Split Pad Pro and it's going to take some adjusting to but it feels better than cramped joycons already...I KNEW gunning would feel better with proper joysticks, haha. I suppose I could have played docked with my Pro Controller, but I don't even know where my Switch dock is right now and...ehhhhh. Plus I'd have to set it up and it's a chaos of wires behind my TV.

I am so rusty, though! I mean, I didn't cart in any of my practice hunts or anything, but I DID get hit more than I would have liked (which would have probably been carts in G Rank, because gunner armour in G Rank is basically paper) so yeah. It's only been a couple of months though.

I should probably practice my Prowler if I want to get all Guild Card achievements, but...god, I hate playing Prowler. It's like controlling a drunk on rollerskates, and the goals are always irritating...breaking parts is not something I enjoy doing. Plus there are the crowns...I actually have most of them, but Drilltusk and Crystalbeard are reminding me why I put this game down again in the first place. xD

Venia Silente

Male
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
865 posts
11 Years
Oh nice! I'll update your info on the OP to reflect that. :)
Amusing that you say that because I'll have to report some new changes... I've been playing quite busy for a while as I am mainlining MH3U when on bus rides and the like~

Only shortly ago I completed the Village Barroth quest (Low Rank 3, I think?). I was told it was an important wall but I didn't have much trouble with it, probably because Cha-Cha took lots of hits for me. I guess that having captured three other Barroth before helped as well. After that came a Gobul Urgent Mission and f* I'm not gonna deal with Gobul again if I can help it.

Anyway. I had only one more boss to fiddle with other than that: HR1 Rathian. And after that was done (a couple of times, just to be sure), I had only this one beast of a mission that I have not been able to surpass before.

The Guts for Dinner Lagiacrus is just an automated wall for getting used to the idea. But this Lagiacrus hits real hard, torpedoes back and forth fast and actually knows how to fight on land. Most guides recommended Jaggi Armor + Stun for Lagiacrus but, well, the attack and stat protection bonus means nothing if you can't take his strong attacks in exchange. Even worse if I dared say slicing his tail off or bruising his back spikes.

Initiating Angery Mode

This was the only picture I managed to take with his tail cut because after that he would just not leave me alone otherwise. As soon as I angered him I got carted in about 5 minutes. Usually from a juggling torpedo attack hitting me twice at as high as 60% HP.

Eventually I had to start fiddling with a mixed Arzuros + Lagombi set, and a Qurupeco-made Switchaxe (blessed be flintstones) to even get a fair chance. That also seemed to force him to rethink his strategy.

Preparing to fight with actual malevolence rather than brash instinct

Anyway.

After a total of about 3.5 hrs of combat (about thirteen cartings, but it feels like it was more), my entire supply of whetstones and a lot of fiddling with that Arzuros+Lagombi set, I managed to defeat the HR1 Urgent Quest Lagiacrus aka "The Fisherman's Fiend". As in, defeat in the Pokémon sense.

I caught you. We are totally friends now.

Results?

I swear, he looks and feels a LOT larger than 27 m. Maybe 35-40 m, given his shoulder presses.

"You are now eligible for 101 NEW ways to die!"

Ten Lagias more and I can make myself a hat, I guess...

So I'm now officially a HR2 Hunter (in 3U at least)! And in my squeeing joy for exploration of further missions, I promptly got my ass rendered by Agnaktor (aka Fire Type Lagiacrus), Uragaan, Gigginox (nope nope NOPE) and Nibelsnarf.

Wheeee.

Gobul NOW I'm coming for you. Just you wait.

That early Seltas hunt you're talking about was the first quest I ever did in Monster Hunter. My fiance let me play his game and I absolutely fell in love with it. From there I've expanded to where I am now but it all started with that one LR Seltas quest. <333 Also, if you want suggestions on some awesome LR armors I got you covered! xx
Switching to MH4U for a moment, I'm barely just beaten the Seltas and now they opened two grounds for me . a town called Dundorma I think, and an uncharted territory where I had to fight a thing called Velocidrome.

I could use suggestions for armor for further ahead I guess. Right now my options are rather limited to fight Great Jaggi (8 times, each with a different weapon...? POOR THING), the Seltas, and I think an egg fetching quest.

...Actually I could use advice on how to manage my Palicos. So far they mostly just go around and do their own thing and only ever come to assist me when I'm like hanging from a ledge or when a monster has got me stunned.
Background... some day.
Fic stuff~

SWC Entries
: Playfield 2009 : Misaimed for Life 2014 : As They Were 2016 : Simpler than Magic 2017 : Beyond Today 2018 :

Other Releases
: Pseudo-Legendary : Silly human, romance is for Nidoran! (Valentine's : Tricks of the Love Fast (Valentine's) : Overlord (meow~) :

The Meta Journey!

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
9,052 posts
8.4 Years
Congrats on HR 2! I've not played 3U but I've heard that one is notoriously difficult. I weep in advanced the moment you encounter Ivory Lagiacrus. :'(

So for 4U, Tetsu armor is one of the best to get you to HR because it has some pretty solid defensive skills. But if you want to start with more advanced armor skills, try doing a mixed Gore/Ceanataur armor. Just trade parts with that one NPC for the Ceana materials. The final set should look like: Ceana/Gore/Ceana/Gore/Tetsu (for the Torso Up) with 3 Grinder Jwls. Sharpness +1 and Speed Sharpen!

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
9,052 posts
8.4 Years
Double posting scum but I've got good news on my Deviant agenda! :D
Spoiler:
Redhelm - COMPLETE
Snowbaron - COMPLETE
Stonefist - COMPLETE
Dreadqueen - COMPLETE
Drilltusk - stopped at IX
Silverwind - stopped at VI
Crystalbeard - stopped at III
Deadeye - stopped at II
Dreadking - stopped at VI
Thunderlord - never hunted
Grimclaw - never hunted
Hellblade - COMPLETE
Nightcloak - stopped at G2
Rustrazor - stopped at G2
Soulseer - stopped at G4
Boltreaver - stopped at G2
Elderfront - stopped at G2
Bloodbath - stopped at G3

I am very, very slowly working my way though every Deviant in order, and Snowbaron + Stonefist have officially been done! Which, btw, were by far some of the easiest EXs yet. I think what I'm doing to do is work to the medium crown (ten complete deviants) then get around to the rest at my own leisure again, lol. I'm not exactly dying to do Crystalbeard, Deadeye, Dreadking, Elderfrost, or Bloodbath lol.

I'm going to be online again tonight so if anyone wants to Dev farm with me or need some backup for your own quests - just hit me up! I'm also open to Discord voice chat too. n_n;

7755-1826-2784
Fairy#7975

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 29
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Doing Crystalbeard X and Drilltusk X over and over again for small crowns is sapping my will to live =x

That said, I am thankful that they have the highest chance (even if that is only 6%...) of small crowns appearing, because G Rank deviants take far too long to solo...and there are two of them too, so that's double the chance. With G Rank gear it doesn't take as long as it could. But ugh, it's dragging so bad...

On an unrelated note, is it just me, or is the Iceborne soundtrack actually pretty good? I have NEVER like Brachydios' theme, and of the four Glavenus has my least-favourite theme (Astalos > Gammoth > Mizu > Glavenus) but Iceborne has really good remixes of both! I'm still not gonna buy it, but it's worth noting. xD

Venia Silente

Male
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
865 posts
11 Years
Taking a few bites at MH4U I fought my first Velocidrome and Gendrome.

I found Gendrome to be particularly hard as even with my full set of Jaggi armor the side bite takes about 25% of your health and if you were already paralyzed from his other attacks that's a sure beating you are taking before your Palico can help.

Velocidrome is... weird. It's like he really wants to try his best at attacking you but has some OCD about what angle or distance to attack from so it spends a LOT of time moving around readying to attack, making fights with him really slow as you are chasing each other in circles.

Also I saw a Yan Kut-ku(sp?) at a RNG place called the Everwoods. It looked nice but it started eating my Konchus!!! Thats mean! Have I mentioned that Konchus are very cute and are also the only mobs high-class enough to wave you hello when you enter their area? But this oversized bird wanted to eat them whole and it escaped before I could punish it.
Background... some day.
Fic stuff~

SWC Entries

Other Releases

The Meta Journey!

Advertiser Content