• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] [FireRed] Trying to change the roamer, but confused a little

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 30, 2023
Hey. Just trying to change the roaming pokemon in Fire Red, using this post as a guide, but i'm sort of confused.

I'm no coder and I especially don't know hex very well, so this may seem like a baby question, but I wanted to change the roamer to Jirachi. It's ID is 199. How would I even manage to put those 3 characters into the byte needed?

If I'm not supposed to use the hex editor for this, what exactly am I supposed to do? Any help is appreciated!

Edit: So I've just realized that doing this is probably impossible and I'll have to just settle for making it a different Pokemon. That's my mistake. If i could delete the post i would :(

Last edited:
Back