• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New League: OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Oooh, it's a toughie. How did you know Vulpix is my favorite Pokemon? X]

Er... Because it's on my pro, huh?

My question is will there ever be chance for Ethan to get a Vulpix again, or is this a one time only thing?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Ehm... Maybe > >
Hey what can I say? The Dutch are a sneaky people xD

This is a one time thing, neither of those Pokemon will actually be capturable.

Strikit

Years
Hmmm. Very difficult. I think I'll wait to post until I clear the Caterpie issue up with Charzeon, and deliberate until then. I'll go mostly on stats and move types.

When will the next fire type be encountered? Or will you disclose that?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
I actually don't know yet. There's the Ponyta on 206, but I don't plan anything out until I'm writing the chapters.

Anyway, you and Charzeon get one extra post because of the Caterpie thing.

Strikit

Years
Thank you so much, I had no clue how I was going to fit all that stuff in and not make the longest post ever. =\

Now to wait for her to PM me back...

Broadway

Find your wings.
Years
Aw man, I knew the Rattata had a cool purpose, but I was too enamoured of the Yanma... luckily none of those pokemon are OMG FAVES of mine, or likely to be of Mackie's. Think he'll have a chance for something silly and totally out of step with his theme, like a Happiny or a Munchlax? Or, oooooh, on the badass side, a Snubbull or Teddiursa... (well okay, the evolutions are the badass part.)

Hahah, I'm all pumped :D you run a good game.

Battle tent is awesome. Gotta try that. Question about "appropriate moveset" for the loan pokemon, are they intended to be battle-bred with super egg moves and/or moves normally learned later (Mudkip with Surf, say)? Or just reasonable lowbie moves that may include egg moves make a complete roster of four moves?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
There will be more opportunities to get some nice Pokes for sure =]

And thank you, I'm glad you guys like it so much :D Let's race through this chapter then so we can have more!

Appropriate moveset just means that it's the Pokemon's natural moveset for a lv. 10, no specials. The Battle Tent is meant to test you strategic skill with an unknown Pokemon. And get some snazzy TM's.

You might also have found out that I don't listen to the 4-move rule, because I think it's too little to make a good roleplay posts.
Pokes can learn up to 7 moves in my world.

Koroc

Just smile and wave.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
I made my post it took about 4 and a half pages to type it up on Word. It was very fun to type so hope you enjoy.

Years
0d97f163239df1f6307c346f1b69f21b.png

I love how I finally made one of those but then I had to go back and make another =3 Oh well XD

Strikit

Years
Maybe Angela begins to attack Caterpie and hits her. Surprised and scared, she starts crying out. Ethan hears her and tries to ignore her, but ends up turning around and seeing a Ghost Pokemon pummeling her. He sends out his Rattata to battle, not knowing Normal cannot hit Ghost and vice versa. The trainers end up talking, and maybe your character figures out that he abandoned Caterpie and doesn't want to return her, so Ethan grabs her and runs. That could set the stage for later dramatics.

Said the PM. So yes, Lugi-a, this is how we're going to be doing it, I think. Since she's given me permission to do some slight bunnying, I might have to use that. But I hate bunnying and am going to try to get around it.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Koroc, it was fun to read =]

Fenny are you complaining? Really? Are you really complaining? Are you? That's right, didn't think so.

Strikit that sounds good, I actually like that, go for it.

Strikit

Years
Alright. My post will be up soon. I'm just going to go ahead and merge getting Caterpie back with the Rattata boy.

I'm sooo happy, though. I finally get to stop calling Caterpie an it! =D Cause if Nurse Joy doesn't know Pokemon genders she shouldn't be in medicine.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
You really have a valid point with the Nurse Joy thing xD

I'll be looking forward to your post then.

Years
*whimpers and hides* No, of course not master.

Lol, the Nurse Joy not knowing genders made me giggle X3 But I can't wait for the next chappie.

Koroc

Just smile and wave.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
Here is my updated trainer card

kennytrainercard.png

Code:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1429/kennytrainercard.png

Strikit

Years
Ugh, this post is taking for freaking ever. I'm just now at the Pokemon Center, but I still have to write where he goes to see Rattata Boy.

Broadway

Find your wings.
Years
Hehe, yeah, mine's taking some time, too. Mackie apparently wanted to talk a nice walk before he got to the battle tent.

EDIT: Just posted it, and it seriously veered a few times before actually getting to the battle tent.

Last edited:

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
I hope you don't mind but I gave one of the Battle Tent pokemon an egg move for the sake of the post. Also, here's my updated Pokemon card.

Koroc

Just smile and wave.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
I made a few of the charaxter from the roleplay I am still working on all of them to try to make them better but tell me what you think.
newleaguepeeps.png

order should be Kenny, Bryce, Mackie, Sara, and Ethan.

I know they are not exactly to the descriptions but I tried to get them as close as I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back