• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trae329

Saving the world by scripting~
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2010
You need to set a variable to the script tile, like 5000, where it says "var number" and put setvar 0x5000 0x1 at the end of your script so it will only happen once.

Okay, I'll try that...

Thanks in advance!

trae329

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Alright, so I'm borrowing heavily from Metapod23's daycare-release script to set up a script of my own. The main difference is that I don't want the player to choose which Pokemon gets released, I want the first Pokemon in the party to go into daycare automatically. Wondering if this will work, or if [buffer1] won't pass on all of the necessary info or whatnot:

Spoiler:

The main section I'm concerned with is the part in italics. Is that sufficient to store the Pokemon correctly?

trae329

Saving the world by scripting~
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2010
Okay, it worked, but I am trying a new script and it is not working.
I am using the following:
Game: FireRed
Editor: XSE Version 1.1.1
I am using a script tile.
Script:
Spoiler:

Please help, it does the script, but at the end it won't let the player move.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Alright, so I'm borrowing heavily from Metapod23's daycare-release script to set up a script of my own. The main difference is that I don't want the player to choose which Pokemon gets released, I want the first Pokemon in the party to go into daycare automatically. Wondering if this will work, or if [buffer1] won't pass on all of the necessary info or whatnot:

Spoiler:

The main section I'm concerned with is the part in italics. Is that sufficient to store the Pokemon correctly?

I don't think that will work, because the buffer command only stores names, not the data for the Pokemon itself. Not sure how you could make that script work.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@trae329:
Spoiler:

Mhm..try this. I think the movements are wrong. Then again, I'd have to look.

gl3500

Glcelebi The Rom Hacker
Years
Movement through door help.

What i want to happen is have the sprite go through the door, have a slight delay, then the message "...." pops up and can only be closed with a. Also, i only want the event to happen once, i am just not sure how to use the flags for this, or rather where to place them, i am using firered. Any help appreciated. Thanx My script is almost perfect, i am just having this one problem. I know that the "...." won't come up in this script, i just accidentally erased the one where it does, but that doesn't matter as what i want to do is mentioned above, can anybody please help correct my script so i can see how to do this. Thanx 4 any help.
Spoiler:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@gl3500:

Spoiler:

Didn't I already fix this for you? o:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

Spoiler:

No, bufferpokemon would not work. What you should do is copybyte @varadress @first_slot_of_pokemon_adress

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Ah, that makes more sense, thanks.
So,
copybyte 0x8005 (firstpokemon), does anyone know where the first Pokemon's data is stored? Is there a FIRST_PARTY_POKEMON shortcut or whatnot?

gl3500

Glcelebi The Rom Hacker
Years
@gl3500:

Spoiler:

Didn't I already fix this for you? o:
Not 100%, but thanx, ill try this script and see if it works.

Thanx Binary, it worked perfectly now, appreciate the help! :-)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Okay I'm stuck again.

I used this script:

Spoiler:

I have the person I want to disappear's person event ID set to 17, but that person doesn't disappear between the flash. He disappears as normal once I walk away and come back (but even that is only because of the setflag).

I've used the exact script earlier today and it worked fine :/

Would the fact he is placed on a new map be a possible cause?

EDIT: Fixed. It seems you can't use the hidesprite command on an overworld which has a double-digit person event ID? It worked when I switched his to someone elses (whose was 9)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Okay I'm stuck again.

I used this script:

Spoiler:

I have the person I want to disappear's person event ID set to 17, but that person doesn't disappear between the flash. He disappears as normal once I walk away and come back (but even that is only because of the setflag).

I've used the exact script earlier today and it worked fine :/

Would the fact he is placed on a new map be a possible cause?

EDIT: Fixed. It seems you can't use the hidesprite command on an overworld which has a double-digit person event ID? It worked when I switched his to someone elses (whose was 9)

The problem was that you need to convert the # to hex in the script. 17 = 11 in hex, because it counts like this:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 10 11

So it should have been hidesprite 0x11.

But yeah, it's always simpler to use lower #s for sprites that involve movements and stuff.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Oooh I didn't realise the script need it to be in hex. I just assumed because they weren't in hex in A-Map. Should have known lol

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2010
givepokemon help

Hi, I'm trying to make a give pokemon script. To be more specific, I'm trying to make a pokeball sprite give a pokemon to our hero and then vanish. Here's what I've got so far and any help would be better than none.

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $yup
$yup 1 =Would you like this (pokemon)?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if B_FALSE goto $finish
givepokemon (pokemon #) 10 0
setflag 0x(person id)
#raw 0x53
#raw 0x(person event #)
#raw 0x00
release
end

#org $finish
release
end

Thanks!

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Hi, I'm trying to make a give pokemon script. To be more specific, I'm trying to make a pokeball sprite give a pokemon to our hero and then vanish. Here's what I've got so far and any help would be better than none.
Spoiler:

Thanks!
First, use spoilers (just put [SPOILER*] before and [/SPOILER*] after the script, minus the asterisks), it's in the rules.
Second, I highly recommend that you switch to XSE. It's not at all hard to learn after you've gone through the Pokescript basics, it's much more efficient, far less buggy, and people won't despise you for using it. Here's a tut: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276&highlight=xse+tutorial
Now, as for the script, there are a couple of problems I can see (keep in mind this isn't my forte).
First, $yup needs to be a separate segment, so move it down. Second, it would be best to have a "closeonkeypress" command before "release, end" in $finish, to get rid of that box, though I'm not sure if that command works for Pokescript or not. You can always just add another message, like "Oh, okay then," instead.
Corrections in bold, I'm doing the extra message for now.
Spoiler:

I have no idea what the #raws are for here. What was your intention with these?

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
I Hope I am not requesting a script

In pokemon fire red you can use bolders and when it hits a certain tilte a event happens

How do you do this in emeraled?

also .....
setmaptile 0xB 0x5 0x201 0x0
setmaptile 0xB 0x6 0x189 0x0
fadescreen 0x0
This works fine, however you that screen has to be outside your area before it can work. Does anyone know how to do it inside

Question worded differntly
This work's but only after, it goes off the screen

OFF TOPIC
what is ASM Hackmew used it in this thread, but i don't understand it http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206138

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Hey, just wondering, but when you set a level script, then you want that sprite in the level script to vanish after you enter the area again... What do you do? I have no idea, hidesprite only hides the sprite as I finish walking out the door, so I still see it for a second or two...

Thanks for any help :)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I Hope I am not requesting a script

In pokemon fire red you can use bolders and when it hits a certain tilte a event happens

How do you do this in emeraled?

also .....
setmaptile 0xB 0x5 0x201 0x0
setmaptile 0xB 0x6 0x189 0x0
fadescreen 0x0
This works fine, however you that screen has to be outside your area before it can work. Does anyone know how to do it inside

Question worded differntly
This work's but only after, it goes off the screen

OFF TOPIC
what is ASM Hackmew used it in this thread, but i don't understand it http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206138
You have to use special 0x8E after the setmaptile command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back