• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Square-Enix ☆ Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
So, I beat KH3D some time last week or 2 weeks ago, I dont remember which I just beat it. I've been playing KH2FM, and im planning to play KHRe:CoM again as well. But I some how can't play KH1FM, mainly due to the fact I played KH1/FM so many times it lost it taste for me for a while, so it may take a while before me wanting to play it again, but its not like i dislike it, I LOVE IT ALOT, but played it SOOOOO MANY TIMES haha. After I re-beat KH3D on Critical, Imma re-play BBSFM tho. :)

KH3D on Critical kind of scares me. KH3D on Proud kicked my booty alot. Hahah Im sure I will beat it well. :)

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
So, I beat KH3D some time last week or 2 weeks ago, I dont remember which I just beat it. I've been playing KH2FM, and im planning to play KHRe:CoM again as well. But I some how can't play KH1FM, mainly due to the fact I played KH1/FM so many times it lost it taste for me for a while, so it may take a while before me wanting to play it again, but its not like i dislike it, I LOVE IT ALOT, but played it SOOOOO MANY TIMES haha. After I re-beat KH3D on Critical, Imma re-play BBSFM tho. :)

KH3D on Critical kind of scares me. KH3D on Proud kicked my booty alot. Hahah Im sure I will beat it well. :)

Lucky. I don't have either of the Final Mixes. or BbSFM, which makes me incredibly sad, as BbS is my favorite game in the franchise ;____;

So how's KH3D on Critical? I heard that
Spoiler:
was really tough no matter what difficulty you were playing on...
Spoiler:
I reaaaaaally want to fight
Spoiler:
because reasons.
Spoiler:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Lucky. I don't have either of the Final Mixes. or BbSFM, which makes me incredibly sad, as BbS is my favorite game in the franchise ;____;

So how's KH3D on Critical? I heard that
Spoiler:
was really tough no matter what difficulty you were playing on...
I haven't started Critical yet, I will after KH2FM, and The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past. plus he wasnt hard on Proud.

Spoiler:
Well,
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
He was a bit hard for me, at first but now he is easy :)

because reasons
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Sakura Rain

Years
Well,
Spoiler:

WELP. That's quite different than what I was hearing. But that is muuuuuch better than 4-5 bars seriously D;

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Has the Final Fantasy MMO been released yet? If so is anyone playing it?
If not does anyone plan to play it?
14 is out on PC and has been for about a year, if that's what you mean. (I think they cancelled the PS3 version...) I've never played a Final Fantasy MMO since I just never get into that genre and I don't want to pay for something I would probably never play. I've heard 14 wasn't very good, though, hence the console cancellation. :s
I'm annoyed that you had to play through the whole game to get critical. :/ I usually don't find crit any harder than proud mode so I would have been okay with doing it from the start. I mean, I guess I'll do my crit playthrough when everyone here is starting the English game (I don't have an English 3DS so I won't be buying it) but I'd still rather have done it from the start.
Get iiiit. Cutscenes are all in English and you really only need to learn katakana to play because the menus are all transliterated English words anyway. 8D It's seriously my favourite game ever.
Spoiler:
because reasons.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Well,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
What is your favorite series made by Square-Enix?
Kingdom Hearts
Who is your favourite Kingdom Hearts character?
Axel he is hot in more ways then one.
What console(s) do you hope Kingdom Hearts III will be on?
Wii U I just think with the controller it would work well.

On a side note I hope they port TWEWY to the Wii U. Keep the character models from DDD and it would be awesome.

Talking about DDD I have been playing it so far and I'm in love with it. Such a fun game.

Cherrim

Years
._. I have no plans to get a Wii U as of now, so I'm kind of hoping nothing ends up on it, hahaha. If it gets KH or TWEWY, though, I'm screwed since it'll also definitely be region-locked. XD :( TWEWY is probably just as good a fit for the Wii U as it is on the 3DS and it's already on the 3DS in some capacity so maybe they will bump it up. I think you're right, it would work well with the control scheme, from what I've heard about it.

Sakura Rain

Years
Get iiiit. Cutscenes are all in English and you really only need to learn katakana to play because the menus are all transliterated English words anyway. 8D It's seriously my favourite game ever.

Perhaps when I'm not so strapped for cash. Still gotta get 3D when it comes out in english. asdfjkl I want to play it -dies

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

AL;KFJ;SLDKFJS;LDFJSLKFJSDGLHDSKFSJ CAN I USE THAT AS MY HEADCANON AS WELL BECAUSE THAT IS ADORABLE

btw lightning I'm seriously not trying to stalk you it just so happens that we like a lot of the same stuff and we both write walls of text about VEN i'm so sorry ;___;

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
btw lightning I'm seriously not trying to stalk you it just so happens that we like a lot of the same stuff and we both write walls of text about VEN i'm so sorry ;___;

-cough- stalker -cough-

All this discussion has made me want to buy a new kingdom hearts game >.> I havent played any but 1 & 2 on the PS2.

Spoiler:

Do you guys suggest I pick it up chronological to get the fantastic experience you all seem to be having with it and i keep spoiling myself with because it sounds so fantastic and I loved 1 and 2 sooo much!
Or should I just get a certain one and go with that one?

Cherrim

Years
Perhaps when I'm not so strapped for cash. Still gotta get 3D when it comes out in english. asdfjkl I want to play it -dies
Well, if/when you have a chance, it's worth it. 8D So much fun.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

AL;KFJ;SLDKFJS;LDFJSLKFJSDGLHDSKFSJ CAN I USE THAT AS MY HEADCANON AS WELL BECAUSE THAT IS ADORABLE
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
There is only one ending to each of the game, but depending on how much of the game you completed (or what difficulty you played on), you can get extra cutscenes tacked on. The extra cutscenes for both games are:
Spoiler:

Do you guys suggest I pick it up chronological to get the fantastic experience you all seem to be having with it and i keep spoiling myself with because it sounds so fantastic and I loved 1 and 2 sooo much!
Or should I just get a certain one and go with that one?
Well, if you're going chronological order, Birth by Sleep (PSP) is the prequel to the whole series. And honestly, I think it's the best game in the series. It's definitely the best gameplay-wise (at least before KH3D), though it may just be my obsession with the game that leads me to say it's the best overall. XD;

Otherwise, the chronological next in the series is Chain of Memories. There's the GBA version and a prettied-up PS2 version. It uses a card-battle system so it's not the fandom favourite at all, but it's my second-favourite anyway. Next (takes place between KH1 and KH2, tells Roxas's story) is 358/2 Days. It's fun if you like the Organization but it doesn't really explain anything and it's not very essential to the story. Gameplay is the same as KH2 except toned down to fit the DS's controls. It's still quite playable though. I'd avoid Re:Coded because nothing of importance happens in it until the final cutscene and it was a horrible game (again, might be a little bias on my part but I did not enjoy it).

So yeah, I'd go with BBS and then Days, if you can. :D

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
God I have trouble splitting up quotes is there an easy quick way to do it?

Thats what I meant by different endings meant more cut scenes >.<. I think thats awesome how they do that in the game.

358/2 Was the one that I did look at before KH2 But i was like ugh this blows and just didnt finish it /didnt care enough. But I guess I'll give it another go..

:O PSP :'( I dont have a PSP how else could I play this.. >.> But I will definitely try my best to play BBS because of your love for it! Its inspiring!

Do all the games have the extra cut scenes if you finish the game more completely??

Wouldnt and Advent Children type movie for Kingdom Hearts be awesome or what!

Sakura Rain

Years
-cough- stalker -cough-

;___________________;

Well, if/when you have a chance, it's worth it. 8D So much fun.

Argh I am totally wound up for it now MUST. PLAY. FINAL. EPISODE. or whatever the FM only part with Aqua is called.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

MY FANGIRL METER JUST HIT THE CEILING. omg did you draw that asdfjkl

@CarefulWetPaint KH and KHII only had one ending I think. Definitely go chronological if you can. It makes a looooot more sense that way. I actually started with KHII so I was a little confused lol. Think of the poor people who started with Days. -shudder- And yes, avoid Re:coded like the plague. It's easily the worst entry in the series. I only got it because I wanted to have the whole series don't judge me

Cherrim

Years
God I have trouble splitting up quotes is there an easy quick way to do it?
I usually just add in the quote tags manually, which really sucks. x_X; It's also fine to just reply to the whole post split by paragraphs though. I've just been so used to splitting them up to keep spoilers separate in this thread over the last week that it's become habit. :'D
358/2 Was the one that I did look at before KH2 But i was like ugh this blows and just didnt finish it /didnt care enough. But I guess I'll give it another go..

:O PSP :'( I dont have a PSP how else could I play this.. >.> But I will definitely try my best to play BBS because of your love for it! Its inspiring!
Yeah, it's not a very good game if you're looking for an epic like KH1 and KH2. It's pretty good as a handheld game--the gameplay is very suited to picking it up during a bus ride and doing a mission or two--but unless you really like the Organization (and I did), it's kind of ehh.

I've never been told that my love for BBS is inspiring but I'll definitely take it as a compliment. :D
Do all the games have the extra cut scenes if you finish the game more completely??
I think most of them do, yeah. Usually it's fine to beat them on the hardest difficulty if you aren't one for completion. And if not, there's always Youtube. (I used Youtube for the secret ending of Re:Coded because there was no way I was doing completion in that game. I haven't turned it on since the night I beat it, haha.)
Wouldnt and Advent Children type movie for Kingdom Hearts be awesome or what!
yes omg. ;~; It's not like they aren't ~partnered with Disney who is known for animated films~ or anything. :P Maaaan that would be so awesome.
Argh I am totally wound up for it now MUST. PLAY. FINAL. EPISODE. or whatever the FM only part with Aqua is called.
Yup, I think that was the name! And it was so awesome. A bit empty but the boss fight at the end was awesome. As was the secret ending that ended up being a lie square enix WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME ;__;
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

MY FANGIRL METER JUST HIT THE CEILING. omg did you draw that asdfjkl

@CarefulWetPaint KH and KHII only had one ending I think. Definitely go chronological if you can. It makes a looooot more sense that way. I actually started with KHII so I was a little confused lol. Think of the poor people who started with Days. -shudder- And yes, avoid Re:coded like the plague. It's easily the worst entry in the series. I only got it because I wanted to have the whole series don't judge me
Yeah. 8D; I sat down after I beat KH3D expecting to draw something epic that appropriately got across how cool the final bosses and stuff were and ended up with that. Close enough, right?

And I can totally relate with the Re:Coded thing. I mean, I got it because I expected it to be decent... but I very nearly considered buying that DS game bundle that came out in Japan when 3DS did because it came with pretty art cards and I would've gotten a Japanese copy of Re:Coded. (That and COM are the only games I don't own in both English and Japanese.) Luckily, my roommates told me how dumb that was considering how out of my way I go to discourage people from playing it and I didn't. xD;;
KH3D has the best soundtrack. OMG its is wonderful for the ears.
Agreeed. I'm not a huge fan of the Dearly Beloved (I don't think anything will top BBS's for sheer beauty, for me) but I do know they had to do something different with it and Yoko Shimomura succeeded. But the last tracks on the OST? I love them so much. Especially the final boss fights, hhhnnng. They're amazing.

One thing I wasn't a huuuge fan of, though, was the Calling mix. D: Calling was my favourite song from TWEWY and I think it's kind of weird as a slower song like it is in KH3D. It was still okay but just not really my thing, which was kind of disappointing since I usually love remixes.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
One thing I wasn't a huuuge fan of, though, was the Calling mix. D: Calling was my favourite song from TWEWY and I think it's kind of weird as a slower song like it is in KH3D. It was still okay but just not really my thing, which was kind of disappointing since I usually love remixes.

I agree. The original version was the best.

Cherrim

Years
I agree. The original version was the best.
I also found the remixes to be really distracting in KH. Part of it was probably that I hadn't heard them before they showed up in the game, but they used them as BGM for the cutscenes. :s So I'd be sitting there trying to translate everything and I'd miss out on the pronunciation of some words and have to look up the kanji instead because all I could hear were the lyrics to the BGM instead. So that... kind of sucked. XD; I did really like the Twister mix though.

Sakura Rain

Years
Yup, I think that was the name! And it was so awesome. A bit empty but the boss fight at the end was awesome. As was the secret ending that ended up being a lie square enix WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME ;__;

ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW. MY RAGE IT SHALL SCORCH THE EARTH ASDFKJL

Spoiler:

...I think your headcanon is the best headcanon XD omg I can just see poor Ven getting all flustered trying to explain the Command Board to everyone and they're just like "DOES. NOT. COMPUTE." and vanitas seriously freaks me out a little bit he was a ven stalker and really really psycho. Dunno how
Spoiler:
but gah. The entire thing confuses me ;_;

Spoiler:

DiZ isn't my favorite character either. Like he was really really mean to Roxas and Namine even though nami isn't really my favorite character either but i ship her with ven because THAT IS CUTE In KHII he was all OMG YOU DON'T EXIST and I was like "really 'cause i just played the longest prologue ever as someone who according to you doesn't exist you idiot" omg I just felt so bad for Sora omg. When
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

As previously mentioned, your headcanon is the best headcanon. I read a fanfic like that once, only
Spoiler:

Yeah. 8D; I sat down after I beat KH3D expecting to draw something epic that appropriately got across how cool the final bosses and stuff were and ended up with that. Close enough, right?

That is fantastic. Because all we care about is the Ventus.
Spoiler:

And I can totally relate with the Re:Coded thing. I mean, I got it because I expected it to be decent... but I very nearly considered buying that DS game bundle that came out in Japan when 3DS did because it came with pretty art cards and I would've gotten a Japanese copy of Re:Coded. (That and COM are the only games I don't own in both English and Japanese.) Luckily, my roommates told me how dumb that was considering how out of my way I go to discourage people from playing it and I didn't. xD;;

I, on the other hand, already knew it was crap and only got it because I wanted the complete series. i have no life D; Like, the existence of Dream Drop Distance completely spoils Re:coded's secret ending. It also spoils the ending of BbS but that is an excellent game so it doesn't really matter :D

NOTHING WILL EVER TOP DEARLY BELOVED BBS VERSION. IT IS THE UNSURPASSED AND UNSURPASSABLE PINNACLE OF KH MUSIC I love the final boss theme of 3D though.
Spoiler:

/wall of text

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
I wonder if FF Versus will have a release date announced at E3. I'm guessing 2021 XD TBH with how things are going I would not be shocked.... It was announced in 2006 right?

Cherrim

Years
ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW. MY RAGE IT SHALL SCORCH THE EARTH ASDFKJL
Uh-huh. ;_; They said so in the KH3D Ultimania interview. Worst part is they said they have the story all there and everything, they just... aren't doing it?? So I guess it'll be tossed in as random cutscenes through KH3 or something instead, I dunno. I am disappointed.
...I think your headcanon is the best headcanon XD omg I can just see poor Ven getting all flustered trying to explain the Command Board to everyone and they're just like "DOES. NOT. COMPUTE." and vanitas seriously freaks me out a little bit he was a ven stalker and really really psycho. Dunno how
Spoiler:
but gah. The entire thing confuses me ;_;
Thank you~ xD; I imagine they'd just make up rules as they went along when Ven wouldn't remember something, to the CB they play is probably waaaay different from the one we play in BBS.

Spoiler:

DiZ isn't my favorite character either. Like he was really really mean to Roxas and Namine even though nami isn't really my favorite character either but i ship her with ven because THAT IS CUTE In KHII he was all OMG YOU DON'T EXIST and I was like "really 'cause i just played the longest prologue ever as someone who according to you doesn't exist you idiot" omg I just felt so bad for Sora omg. When
Spoiler:
He was horrible to Namine. I mean, she gets out of Marluxia's grasp and you think "oh, everything's going to be okay now" and then DiZ is just as bad. ;_; She's doing her best to fix Sora and he's bossing her around, telling her how much she doesn't matter, and telling her to go faster. I mean, I'm kind of a hypocrite because Marluxia's my favourite so I never had a problem with his abuse (well, not that I didn't have a problem, I just... like it as part of his character I DON'T KNOW) but at least she had someone to save her there. ;~; But there, Namine and Riku both knew that they needed DiZ's protection while they fixed Sora or the Organization would probably cause problems so there was nothing they could do and alkdjs. Poor Namine. I didn't like her as much in KH2 because she became so all-knowing which was kind of annoying (since she also never tells anyone anything 8|) and I hated that they tried to make everyone ship Roxas/Namine for pretty much no reason at all (I still don't understand it). On the whole, I really like her though. I like pretty much everyone. Except Riku. Although even that changed sliiightly after 3D.

Spoiler:

As previously mentioned, your headcanon is the best headcanon. I read a fanfic like that once, only
Spoiler:
I am thinking that this fanfic needs to be linked to me asap. :( It's funny, 'cause the first few times I'd come across all the Ven/Namine fanart on Tumblr, my roommate and I were just like "WTF". Then a few days later I got that image of her talking to him in C.O. or whatever and my roommate was so ashamed of me when I had to admit that I shipped it. XD; I mean, not that he was surprised because I ship everything but I usually have a reason slightly better than "I imagined them in the same room." Usually.
That is fantastic. Because all we care about is the Ventus.
Spoiler:
Also true!

Spoiler:

I, on the other hand, already knew it was crap and only got it because I wanted the complete series. i have no life D; Like, the existence of Dream Drop Distance completely spoils Re:coded's secret ending. It also spoils the ending of BbS but that is an excellent game so it doesn't really matter :D
Well, I still can't fault you there. People have asked me why I don't just sell my copy of Re:Coded if I hate it so much--since I could've gotten a decent price for it back when it first came out--and I looked at them like they were insane. Have an incomplete KH collection? Are they crazy? (I am now coming to the realization though that if I don't buy 3DS in English--despite not even having an English 3DS--I won't own all the games in English. x_o DILEMMA. Maybe I should buy it and play it on my roommate's 3DS when he's done with the game.)

Also the ending of BBS is mostly spoilt by its trailer, so that can't be much of a complaint. (I mean, we don't get details but just from the trailer and the fact that it's a prequel and we've never seen the characters before kind of confirmed that nothing good came of the ending. ;~;)
NOTHING WILL EVER TOP DEARLY BELOVED BBS VERSION. IT IS THE UNSURPASSED AND UNSURPASSABLE PINNACLE OF KH MUSIC I love the final boss theme of 3D though.
Spoiler:

/wall of text
The Dearly Beloveds get steadily better until BBS. KH1's is very simple, COM adds a few more notes in, KH2 improves it again, Re:COM was another improvement, and then I thought nothing could top Days' version and then BBS was like "OH YEAH? HAVE SOME VIOLINS" and I died. ;~; I love it so, so much. So I was really excited for Re:Coded's version of it expecting the trend to continue and it was just like "nope, have a boring one". O-oh. Okay. But 3DS's is probably my second favourite just because it's something new and it's still very pretty.

It's hard for me to pick a favourite boss fight music from 3D. I like all of them so much. ;~;
Spoiler:

I wonder if FF Versus will have a release date announced at E3. I'm guessing 2021 XD TBH with how things are going I would not be shocked.... It was announced in 2006 right?
...yuuup. 8| I doubt they'll have a release date at E3 but I'm hoping we'll get one at Tokyo Game Show in September. :( I think the only S-E game that's ever gotten a release date/window at E3 that didn't already have one in Japan was FF14 and that... didn't go so well. XD;

God, I really want it to get a release date, though. I'm so tired of waiting that I'm not even excited for the game anymore. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back