• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Episode 47 Serena gives Satoshi/Ash something special.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Well I was proved wrong. They didn't show it but, Serena definitely kissed Satoshi before she leaves...

I hope the amourshippers are satisfied XD

So guys... Thoughts?

Guest123_x1

I did NOT think something like this would ever happen in the main series anime, let alone with a traveling partner of Ash's.

The AmourShipping community is probably going extremely wild over this little development.

Mr. Meme

Me? Acting serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Years
Oh boy, this is glorious. A final, beautiful slap to the face to the darkest recess of the Pokemon community that is the Amourshippers. It's like the creators are saying "Aww, look, your OTP finally kissed! BUT YA DIDN'T GET TO SEE IT! AND YA NEVER WILL, SINCE SERENA AIN'T COMING TO ALOLA OR ANY FUTURE REGION ANYTIME SOON! SEE YOU CANCEROUS FUCKWITS IN GEN 7!!! AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO ALL YA FILTHY ZUBATS!!"

...I might have gotten a little out of hand there. But I'm not sorry.

CidHazard

Years
Oh boy, this is glorious. A final, beautiful slap to the face to the darkest recess of the Pokemon community that is the Amourshippers. It's like the creators are saying "Aww, look, your OTP finally kissed! BUT YA DIDN'T GET TO SEE IT! AND YA NEVER WILL, SINCE SERENA AIN'T COMING TO ALOLA OR ANY FUTURE REGION ANYTIME SOON! SEE YOU CANCEROUS ****WITS IN GEN 7!!! AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO ALL YA FILTHY ZUBATS!!"

...I might have gotten a little out of hand there. But I'm not sorry.

Haha Not at all :D

I'm a fan of the Satosere pairing (I think it's adorable). But the amourshipping community is so Insane, it's unreal. Heck that petition (Which is never going anywhere) 27k supporters...

https://twitter.com/EntityMays/status/789528391804395520

This is probably why... almost 70% of Amourshippers are at the ages 16-20.

I'm glad it's over thought... now my Pokemon youtube feed won't be exploding with Amourshipping vids.

I am of the opinion Serena whispered 'Dragon Claw' in his ear personally and Ash's look is simply: 'Why would she hurt me like that?'

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd like to think it's Blast Burn XD

I did NOT think something like this would ever happen in the main series anime, let alone with a traveling partner of Ash's.

The AmourShipping community is probably going extremely wild over this little development.

Oh they are... and with that kiss the shipping won't be dying anytime soon. I hope they don't bash/hate Lily or/and Mallow for no reason.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
So Serena kisses ash. Maybe this shipping will be a Canon? (Slap myself) Hell no that doesn't mean anything for the writers. That was just a fanservice with which we aren't used to and nothing else. Serena is like garbage to writers now. She might get a cameo appearance after an year or two. Other than that she hasn't anything more to do in the anime.(This is not what I think this is what the history says lol). Goodbye Serena. But I'm not an amourshipper!

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
This is something I never saw coming and was surprised by it. It's also worth noting that Ash was totally expecting it.

When there is no sign of her doing something, he moves forward towards the escalator and then she runs back up.

Which was even more surprising.

CidHazard

Years
This is something I never saw coming and was surprised by it. It's also worth noting that Ash was totally expecting it.

When there is no sign of her doing something, he moves forward towards the escalator and then she runs back up.

Which was even more surprising.

Was he tho? he looked bewildered to me more than anything else... I do hope that this lingers on his mind in Sun and Moon tho, I'm all for Ash/Satoshi growing up and this hopefully is the first step to that.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Was he tho? he looked bewildered to me more than anything else... I do hope that this lingers on his mind in Sun and Moon tho, I'm all for Ash/Satoshi growing up and this hopefully is the first step to that.

I saw it pointed out that he pushes his leg back implying he leans forward, and it does seem like that. So it would certainly that he was expecting it, or for it.

CidHazard

Years
I saw it pointed out that he pushes his leg back implying he leans forward, and it does seem like that. So it would certainly that he was expecting it, or for it.

Well if he was then he's not as dense as we all thought LoL

Or maybe it was just instinct ya know? If I was a ten year old anime character on Ash's shoes... Emphasis on Anime XD

I would lean in... Hell i'd probablly chase after her XD

Reactions: Z25
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Cuuuute! I think it's about time they actually do something like this. Even though it's slightly boring that they made Serena's crush on Ash a main part of her character.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Cuuuute! I think it's about time they actually do something like this. Even though it's slightly boring that they made Serena's crush on Ash a main part of her character.

But it completely goes against the main theme of the anime, which is Ash's bond with Pikachu. Romance would only distract it, and it all falls apart. That's why they didn't have shipping in mind when they were considering kicking off either Misty or Team Rocket for the Hoenn saga.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I did not expect it to happen. I thought it was really cute and the reactions of Clemont, Bonnie and PIkachu were hilarious. I bet if Brock was there, he would have had the same reaction he had when Bianca/Latias kissed Ash at the end of the 5th movie.

According to an npc in the Sun/Moon demo, 11 is the minimum age to take the Right of Islands challenge, so maybe that'll mean Ash will finally age in Sun/Moon. It would be a good way to celebrate the anime's 20th anniversary.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
But it completely goes against the main theme of the anime, which is Ash's bond with Pikachu. Romance would only distract it, and it all falls apart. That's why they didn't have shipping in mind when they were considering kicking off either Misty or Team Rocket for the Hoenn saga.
Interesting, they were deciding on removing either Misty or Team Rocket? Do you remember where you saw this?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Interesting, they were deciding on removing either Misty or Team Rocket? Do you remember where you saw this?

It was from a Pok?mon-related blog, but it's been a while since I've last seen it, so it'll take a while for me to search for it (I'll see if I could ask Aquacode if she knows the link to it).

CidHazard

Years

The crush itself doesn't define Serena's character... Her whole arc was about a girl who really didn't know what she wanted for herself, a girl who always gave up trying because it was hard, someone who doesn't like the path that was laid out for her but does nothing to change it. The arc was about overcoming her sloth and her fears... learning to dream of a future that she'd want for herself, facing the hardships that comes along the way, facing the problems not only for herself but for her friends(And Pokemon). The phrase "Never give up until the very end." becomes her mantra and it's what defines her character in the end.

The girl who always gave up, never dream't of anything for herself... Learns to dream to fight and to never give up. Her arc makes her so relatable and so lovable that she's become my favorite Pokegal.

Satoshi/Ash was the catalyst of starting her character development, she likes Satoshi sure... But that's just a trait of hers.

The older series only had one theme... discovery and adventure. Ash/Satoshi bond with pikachu and other pokemon was more of a plot point.

The Kalos saga had several themes... one of which is never giving up (As seen in all three of our mains Arc's). Meaning of victory and what (I) fight for (Ash/Satoshi and Alain arc). The value of experience over talent (Shota's Arc). The Value of dreams (Serena and Clemonts arc). What makes a hero (Ash/Satoshi and Greninja/Gekouga's arc)

these I feel are the most important I feel.

They chose team rocket over Kasumi/Misty tho... which is a clear indication that the writers never intended for any "Romance" between Satoshi and Kasumi. Well not unless you count the cut scenes from the Pokemon Bid for Power (Originally meant to end the Anime's continuity) which heavily implied that Satoshi and Kasumi will end up together... and the movie itself is Kasumi telling the story of when she met her first love to her daughter.

I can't find the original japanese trailer where the scene is shown tho...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The crush itself doesn't define Serena's character... Her whole arc was about a girl who really didn't know what she wanted for herself, a girl who always gave up trying because it was hard, someone who doesn't like the path that was laid out for her but does nothing to change it. The arc was about overcoming her sloth and her fears... learning to dream of a future that she'd want for herself, facing the hardships that comes along the way, facing the problems not only for herself but for her friends(And Pokemon). The phrase "Never give up until the very end." becomes her mantra and it's what defines her character in the end.

The girl who always gave up, never dream't of anything for herself... Learns to dream to fight and to never give up. Her arc makes her so relatable and so lovable that she's become my favorite Pokegal.

Satoshi/Ash was the catalyst of starting her character development, she likes Satoshi sure... But that's just a trait of hers.

According to a tumblr post Hikamaru wrote, Serena was originally going to be axed in the middle of the series due to lacking a goal and having her crush on Ash as her only trait. So really, her goal to becoming a Pokémon Performer was shoehorned in.

The older series only had one theme... discovery and adventure. Ash/Satoshi bond with pikachu and other pokemon was more of a plot point.

The Kalos saga had several themes... one of which is never giving up (As seen in all three of our mains Arc's). Meaning of victory and what (I) fight for (Ash/Satoshi and Alain arc). The value of experience over talent (Shota's Arc). The Value of dreams (Serena and Clemonts arc). What makes a hero (Ash/Satoshi and Greninja/Gekouga's arc)

these I feel are the most important I feel.

The theme of discovery and adventure is still relevant to the series and should remain the most prominent.

They chose team rocket over Kasumi/Misty tho... which is a clear indication that the writers never intended for any "Romance" between Satoshi and Kasumi. Well not unless you count the cut scenes from the Pokemon Bid for Power (Originally meant to end the Anime's continuity) which heavily implied that Satoshi and Kasumi will end up together... and the movie itself is Kasumi telling the story of when she met her first love to her daughter.

I can't find the original japanese trailer where the scene is shown tho...

I know exactly which trailer you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure that was actually for the first movie (Mewtwo Strikes Back).

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Kill me now. My friend will be going on and on about this for weeks. I don't even like pairings in the Pokemon anime! Honestly, Serena's character felt flat and could have used more development. Just being the love interest is a pretty cliche role, even for the anime. That's only my opinion, please don't take it personally!

Last edited:
Back